Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aleron Ives

post #1 of 4 Old 06-25-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What is AviSynth in MPC-HC? Do I need it?

I am having a issue with AviSynth while SVP is running while playing my 3D movies using MPC-HC :/

When I play one of my 3D movie files with MPC-HC & MPC-HC running, AviSynth writes some script to ffdshows Audio decoder that looks like this.

Which makes my 3D movies look like this.

But when I disable SVP, I can view my 3D movies properly without this script interference.

I would have to clear the script in ffdshow too get a normal 3D picture setting.

What is this AviSynth, an do I really need it installed, I was thinking about uninstalling it!

Or.. could I just stop it from continuously writing this script to ffdshow so I could use my MPC-HC with SVP fluently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-25-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 332
AviSynth is a frame-serving program that provides a way for you to take a previously compressed video, decode it into raw images, and then manipulate those images prior to recompressing them into a new video. You can also use AviSynth to add effects and other types of processing to your videos on-the-fly during playback, assuming you have a sufficiently powerful computer capable of applying the effects in realtime. It's highly useful software for video transcoding (e.g. ripping and recompressing DVDs or Blu-rays), but whatever SVP is trying to do apparently causes problems in this instance. It isn't AviSynth's fault, though, so if you uninstall it, SVP will probably just complain that it can't find AviSynth.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-25-2014, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
AviSynth is a frame-serving program that provides a way for you to take a previously compressed video, decode it into raw images, and then manipulate those images prior to recompressing them into a new video. You can also use AviSynth to add effects and other types of processing to your videos on-the-fly during playback, assuming you have a sufficiently powerful computer capable of applying the effects in realtime. It's highly useful software for video transcoding (e.g. ripping and recompressing DVDs or Blu-rays), but whatever SVP is trying to do apparently causes problems in this instance. It isn't AviSynth's fault, though, so if you uninstall it, SVP will probably just complain that it can't find AviSynth.
Yeah! your probably right, SVP would complain.

So how could I alter this behavior of AviSynth writing this script of fddshow?

I remember having SVP an MPC-HC running together on my previous PC build, an I was not getting this problem with AviSynth acting the way it doing.

Keep in mind, it's only my 3D movie playback that's effected. not my 2D.

Last edited by SABERWOLF357; 06-25-2014 at 08:23 PM.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-25-2014, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 332
AviSynth doesn't write scripts. You (or another program) do. You create a plain text file with AviSynth commands in it, save it as a *.avs file, and then open it with a program that understands AVI files. AviSynth presents that program with a "fake" AVI file that the program can then use to do whatever it does. One of the other programs in your playback chain is set to create that script, so you'll need to figure out which one it is and disable that behaviour.
StinDaWg likes this.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page