XBMC/FlexRAID - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2014, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
XBMC/FlexRAID

I've been noticing that I get an error during a Validate task on my FlexRAID array on the last movie I've watched in XBMC. The error is "HANDLE_VALUE error=32". Does XBMC keep the file open on my HTPC after completion?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 05:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 1016
probably edits the file while the update or process is running. If you modify an existing file it will throw an error. I wouldn't worry about it. The file probably changed slightly (like watched status changed or edited)

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Old 07-07-2014, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
probably edits the file while the update or process is running. If you modify an existing file it will throw an error. I wouldn't worry about it. The file probably changed slightly (like watched status changed or edited)
Thanks for the response. Does the Validate task kick out if it receives an error? I wouldn't want it to miss an unknown amount of files. Also, would you think it could be something different if I mentioned that I do an Update nightly including one prior to the Validate?
Old 07-07-2014, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I get tons of these errors, but it doesn't seem to affect Validate/Verify/Update. I should probably check to make sure it Restores correctly though...
Old 07-07-2014, 09:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

No the process completes but if you did a restore probably the watched status on that one would be unmatched instead of watched.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Old 07-08-2014, 01:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkinder83 View Post
I've been noticing that I get an error during a Validate task on my FlexRAID array on the last movie I've watched in XBMC. The error is "HANDLE_VALUE error=32". Does XBMC keep the file open on my HTPC after completion?

Thanks for any help.
What scraper are you using? Local metadata only puts a lot of stress on flexraid's update/validate/verify, but the imdb/tmdb scrapers build a library cache on your C: drive which should be excluded from your array
Old 07-08-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah you can set PLEX or MediaBrowser to also store stuff outside the movie folder or on another drive (like SSD)

But honestly I would not worry about it. I chased those problems before and as long as the server is idle next time (like middle of the night) it will complete successfully. The error doesn't mean your entire flexraid array is bad either- it just means that one file. If you restored you'd be ok anyways. This is just the problem with snapshot raid, it's a snapshot. Anything that adds or deletes won't mess anything up, but files that change and still exist will throw an error. Only way around it is to not use the server during the process (or run the process again when you are done using it) or convert to a real time raid solution.

-

Old 07-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 184
You should have an Update scheduled to run right before the Validate.... in case you don't already.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmattr View Post
You should have an Update scheduled to run right before the Validate.... in case you don't already.
I do update and then validate- otherwise it's pointless.

-