Applying additional functions for Harmony 650 remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-14-2014, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Applying additional functions for Harmony 650 remote

For a long time I was using wireless keyboard as a XBMC remote. Recently I have purchased Harmony 650 of Logitech and associated it with remote of Chinavasion, model CVSB 983.
Apparently I lost some important functions due to this migration, here is the list of them:

- I - for information

- C - for adding to favorites

- Alt+Shift - for changing input language

- A..Z - characters for typing.

I will much appreciate any help with the clear guidance for setting the above functions. Without them the XBMC operation in too much limited.
Tried Google, but nothing associated with this particlular case have not found.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-14-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 325
The Chinavision is the worst possible dongle to use with HTPC. Get an MCE dongle. Then you can add any functions you like.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-14-2014, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I do not understand why Chinavision is the worst possible dongle to use with HTPC, I got activated all functions as regular remote: 'Up', 'Down', 'Enter' and more others.
The main question is how to activate few additional functions, as mentioned previously. Could you help?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-14-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 325
I've tried just about every PC remote, and would love to help. But it isn't possible to add any commands using that model. That's my point. You need an MCE dongle if you want any such flexibility. The Chinavision has only basic commands, that's it.

Besides the 4 you already mentioned, Chinavision is also missing Record, Green Button and won't properly wake. So compared to other options like Ortek and MCE, it is indeed the worst possible option.

If you insist on keeping it, you can do A-Z with triple tap. So, 16 macros (sequences) would do the trick. But I think Harmony is limited to 10 sequences per activity. There may be a way to do something more with Event Ghost, but I don't think it works with Chinavision's odd protocol. I could be mistaken. This is a case of finding the right tool for the job. The Chinavision is not the right tool.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page