Anyway to automatically switch to Bitstreaming from PC ? - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Video Components > Home Theater Computers > Anyway to automatically switch to Bitstreaming from PC ?

Home Theater Computers

Sachb
07:23 AM Liked: 0
post #1 of 8
07-18-2014 | Posts: 3
Hi guys, i've been wondering if there is a way for the laptop to switch to bitstreaming when connecting to AVR via HDMI automatically.

The problem is whenever i tick Pass through HDMI option for codecs like DTS_HD, Dolby true HD etc i don't get sound on my laptop if im playing on laptop itself & not connecting it to AVR.

So i want something that plays DTS HD MA on laptop, while also Detecting HDMI & changing to bitstreaming mode for my AVR.
My config:

Reciever: Denon X500
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15r n5520
GPU: Intel hd 4000 with AMD radeon HD 7670M
doctorwizz's Avatar doctorwizz
07:31 AM Liked: 62
post #2 of 8
07-18-2014 | Posts: 654
What media player are you playing the videos with?
07:44 AM Liked: 62
post #3 of 8
If you use an app like Media Player Classic Home Cinema, or XBMC, there would no need to switch. Set the laptop speakers as default in Playback Devices.

In MPC-HC, you would select your AVR in View, Options, Playback, Output, Audio Renderer. You would select your AVR there.

So there would be nothing to switch. Your laptop speakers would always be on.
Anytime you play a movie in MPC-HC, the audio would be routed to the AVR if it is plugged in.
Sachb
07:49 AM Liked: 0
post #4 of 8
Im using MPC HC, the thing is if i want to play the Video with DTS-HD ma on my laptop i don't get sound on my laptop because its on bitstreaming so the LAV codec doen't appear at the bottom.

But when i connect to HDMI i get the AVR to display DTS-HD ma & dolby etc.

This is when i enable bitstreaming for all codecs like DTS etc.
09:31 AM Liked: 62
post #5 of 8
Why do you have a codec pack installed?
You don't need a codec pack installed when using MPC HC
Sachb
09:44 AM Liked: 0
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Why do you have a codec pack installed?
You don't need a codec pack installed when using MPC HC
I thought it wouldn't be enough for the player to play various file formats (mkv etc)& also i needed the subtitle to show when im playing video but it isn't showing. Im currently using Shark007's codec. I thought it would bring the subtitle but it isn't working anymore.

The subtitles are in the same folder as video & have the same name also including eng & dutch but they don't appear.
10:06 AM Liked: 62
post #7 of 8
What is the audio renderer set to in MPC HC?
You should set it to your AVR. Set the laptop speakers as default playback in windows. You will be able to get windows audio while a movie is playing.
Mine renderer is set to Denon-AVAMP-8(Nvidia High Definition Audio). My windows default audio is set to USB speakers. I can get windows audio while movies are playing in MPC HC.
I do have a codec pack installed, but it is not for MPC. MPC plays everything without codecs installed. You might consider uninstalling the codec pack.
pittsoccer33's Avatar pittsoccer33
10:08 AM Liked: 235
post #8 of 8
07-18-2014 | Posts: 2,089
I have a similar problem to this and this is my way of addressing it:

Typically I bitstream as well using the default WMC player (using Shark+ffdshow). This is a 64bit installation, so the settings to get bitstreaming running in WMC were done in Shark's 64bit add on.

Sometimes late at night or early am I will connect my bluetooth headphones which take precedent as the default audio device. Anything that doesn't pass through ffdshow (like live tv, MKV files with MPEG2 video) works fine.

Anything that is handled by ffdshow at bitstreamed works incorrectly. Theres a combination of problems - audio pops, no audio, sped up video, etc.

So my solution was that if I want to watch a movie with my bluetooth headphones I just open the file in Windows Media Player, which I have NOT set up for bitstreaming. I use the 32bit Windows Media Player, and I set Shark up to decode everything.

I wish I didn't have to open files in Windows Explorer like that, but it does work and solved my problem the easiest.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Subscribe to this Thread