New Hauppauge 2255 Dual Tuner Card Replaces 2250 Card - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New Hauppauge 2255 Dual Tuner Card Replaces 2250 Card

I recently gutted my PC and replaced everything based around a new Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H motherboard, an Intel I3-4330 processor, a new Crucial MX100 250GB SSD, and Windows 8.1 to replace my old, defunct Windows XP system. I have been using a Hauppauge Aero-m USB Tuner for a DVR, but decided to get a Hauppauge 2250 dual tuner card for my new system (the 1229 White Box version). The problem is the 1229 version is out of stock at nearly every website store, and I have been waiting nearly 2 months for a 1229 on backorder . Then I noticed mention of a new improved 2255 dual tuner card in place of the 2250 card on the Hauppauge site a week or so ago. Now there is an official press release and full description of the new 2255 card available:

Hauppauge 2255 Press Release July 17, 2014
http://www.hauppauge.com/pdfs/hauppa...20launched.pdf

2255 Description:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/produc...a_hvr2255.html

This explains why my 1229 has been backordered so long. The new 2255 card has new, more sensitive tuners than the 2250 card which I could definitely use in my fringe-reception location. I am now glad the 2250 was out of stock when I ordered it. I am waiting patiently for my new, enhanced 2255 card to be shipped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 01:56 PM

Liked: 10
Where can you order the 2255? I even tried to put in an order through Hauppauge direct and they e-mailed me saying they'd send me a 2250 when they had it available. I've been holding out until Amazon gets it in stock--but I'd be happy to purchase it somewhere else.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinthere View Post
Where can you order the 2255? I even tried to put in an order through Hauppauge direct and they e-mailed me saying they'd send me a 2250 when they had it available. I've been holding out until Amazon gets it in stock--but I'd be happy to purchase it somewhere else.
You can backorder it from a number of websites. It will put you on a waiting list and fix your position in line when the 2255 is in stock. Just Google "Hauppauge 2250" or "1229" and select "Shopping". ShopBLT.com is one option:

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...er_id=!ORDERID!
post #4 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
You do not need to attach directly to your router. If you have the PC on your local network than plug the HD Homerun into port on the switch. If you are using a wireless connection to the PC then you likely have an available Ethernet port on the PC. You only need the HD Homerun on the lan if you want to share it across the network. A PC not attached to the local network can still talk directly to the HD Homerun with an Ethernet cable directly between the PC and the HD Homerun. I don't have any idea what you or where you have it but there is no need to buy another tuner if you have an HD Homerun you have complete flexibility in how you configure it.

Just another blank signature.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post
You do not need to attach directly to your router. If you have the PC on your local network than plug the HD Homerun into port on the switch. If you are using a wireless connection to the PC then you likely have an available Ethernet port on the PC. You only need the HD Homerun on the lan if you want to share it across the network. A PC not attached to the local network can still talk directly to the HD Homerun with an Ethernet cable directly between the PC and the HD Homerun. I don't have any idea what you or where you have it but there is no need to buy another tuner if you have an HD Homerun you have complete flexibility in how you configure it.
Me thinks you meant that to go here:

TV tuner suggestions

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
Reply Home Theater Computers
Gear in this thread - I3-4330 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page