Noob questions about laptop for my first mediacenter/tv recorder
Hi, I want a htpc able to play various files and record from tv, nothing on wireless and everything for only one tv and I don't think I'll have it connected to internet. I would prefer if possible to continue using only my tv remote (my tv has Anynet+ by the way).
I'm a very cautious buyers and I did some research, but I still need some clarifications:
1. I have an antenna in my tv recorder (about to dying), and a coax cable from here to the tv, but if I remove the power cable from the recorder (power, not the coax) the tv (capable of getting digital terrestrial signal on its own) loses the signal, therefore if I buy a pc, must this always stay turned on to simply watch live tv? I wouldn't want that..isn't there a way to let the tv use its own internal decoder?
2. For starting a scheduled recording is possible to make the pc starts on its own? At least from stand by, if not hybernation (wake on lan?).
3. If I connect antenna only to tv, is there a way to make the pc take the signal via HDMI or other cable?
4. Is possible to record while watching another previous rec? And to watch something in XBMC or MPC-HC while recording?
5. If I buy a tv tuner card will I be able to command it with my tv remote?
6. I want to control the pc not only for XBMC and Windows Media Center but for MPC-HC too, and I saw Flirc which seems appropriate, is there anything better or maybe this is actually useless?
7. I read with HDMI-CEC adapter I will be able to turn on and off tv and pc with a single key; is this still possible with Flirc?
8. Is there a way/addon to create chapters/bookmarks on the fly during your vision, which will be remembered after closing the pc?
If someone doesn't have all the answers feel free to post anyway, I'll be glad, thank you.