AVS Forum banner

MPC w/ MadVR won't change refresh rate

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  busb0y 
#1 ·
I have had my HTPC setup for years working perfectly, but unfortunately my son became curious with the remote controls for my receiver and TV. In the process he changed several settings, and I couldn't seem to get the system working properly so that MPC (set up in the same way the sticky notes) would switch to 24 Hz when playing content.

I have tried removing MPC, reclock, Mad VR and video drivers (registry keys included) to no avail. I'm close to just blowing the install away and starting fresh.

Here is my current config including receiver and TV settings:
-My Denon 2313 is not doing any processing under video settings (this was difficult to disable for some reason and was never enabled previously)
-My Samsung is set to PC mode (which in itself is annoying because i can't tweak the colour and tint but i will save that for another sub forum)
-My video card is a radeon 7850 with the 14.4 drivers installed freshly

I understand that this description may be a bit lacking, but i will update with any information if needed. As always thank you for looking.

See less See more
#2 ·
Make sure MadVR is installed, then while a movie is playing with MPC-HC, right click on the MadVR icon in the taskbar (or right-cligh on the screen and select filters/MadVR/edit settings in MPC-HC). This should bring up MadVR's settings.

Find your display device (under device), click on the little arrow to reveal the options for that device, then click display modes. You should see a blank line under "list all display modes MadVR may switch to". Enter the display modes you want MadVR to switch to (they have to be supported by your display under windows) following the template given as an example:

The refresh rate follows the resolution, and windows refresh rates are used, for example 23 stands for 23.976hz, 24 stands for 24.00hz, etc.

I use:

1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p59

Select ok/apply, and all should work as before...

#3 ·
That is directly quoted from the guide I used that is stickied in the top but thank you none the less.

One thing to add which may help is that my drivers are a vanilla install. I haven't modified anything.

#5 ·
I tried that and it didn't work.

I have the distinct feeling that i may need to blow away my install, or at the very least wipe out all of my settings. Oddly enough i recall setting up lav filters. I may not have totally blown away everything to the degree i should have.

It looks like there are no easy answers here, but thank you to everyone who contributed as it has given me a moment to reconsider the work i have done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.