eSATA HDD help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2014, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
eSATA HDD help

I store all my media in a HDD enclosure that has two 3TB HDD set up in Raid mode to mirror each other. I did this after having a HDD failure and losing all of my media about a year or so ago. The drive has the option to connect via eSATA or USB. Since I get better r\w times with eSATA I have also used it. Everything has been working just fine and out of the blue yesterday my drive stopped showing up. I tried rebooting the drive and pc, also disconnecting and reconnecting ect. The weirdest part is I have a software program called Jmicron that monitors the raid setup and it still shows everything working fine. I can click on the drives in Jmicron and they light up on the enclosure. When disconnecting and reconnect the eSATA cable the pc even makes the sound that it makes letting you knowing something was plugged in. I plugged the drive in via USB and it works just fine and shows up. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Unless you have another pc with esata to try it with I would start with replacing the esata cable. If that don't work I would blame the enclosure or whatever chip set is driving the esata port.