Stereoscopic Player XBMC Integration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-06-2014, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Stereoscopic Player XBMC Integration

Trying to integrate Stereoscopic Player into XBMC so that it launches automatically when hitting play on the designated files. Right now I can only get the option to "play using Stereoscopic Player" in the XBMC context menu with this playercorefactory:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
 <players>
   <player name="Stereoscopic Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Stereoscopic Player\StereoPlayer.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3DMVC.*" player="Stereoscopic Player"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>
Also, is there a way to get Stereoscopic Player to close when hitting "stop" on the remote (Harmony) so that it puts you back into XBMC? Right now when I hit stop it just goes to a black screen and I have to grab the keyboard to exit out of the player to get back to XBMC.

Last, is it possible to change the skip forward and back options in Stereoscopic player so they work with the normal MCE remote commands to fast forward/rewind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-07-2014, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I figured all of it out except for being able to fast forward or rewind using a Harmony remote with Stereoscopic Player. In case it helps anyone, here's my updated playercorefactory for XBMC:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
 <players>
   <player name="Stereoscopic Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Stereoscopic Player\StereoPlayer.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" -fss -nl -termkey:x</args>
     <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3DMVC.*" player="Stereoscopic Player"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>
The main thing was finding the Stereoscopic Player Command Line Parameters which I had to enter in order for it to launch in full screen (-fss) and then exit with being able to hit "stop" on my remote (-termkey:x). I also had to hide XBMC as it wasn't bringing the Stereoscopic Player to the front. Now, a 3D MVC movie will launch directly upon selecting play and then return to the XBMC menus when hitting stop on the remote.

Interestingly, my "stop" command is not set up as "x" on my remote, it's the MCE "stop" command. Because of this I thought the fast forward parameter might work using -fastfwd:f, but it didn't. Within Stereoscopic Player, I don't see any ability to fast forward or rewind other than the jump commands which use a string of keys like ctrl+alt+pgdn.

This all might be easy for you guys, but it's not for me so I'm glad I was able to figure pretty much everything out except for the ff/rew. Maybe it just can't be done, but if anyone knows how or has ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page