1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shark007

post #1 of 19 Old 08-08-2014, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
DTS-MA bitstreaming...no audio

I recently installed a Brix S with the Celeron 2955U. I'm running Windows 7 x64 (Home Premium) and SageTV 7.1.9 client. My Brix S is connected to my receiver (Onkyo TX-SR606) via HDMI. In the Realtek audio settings HDMI is set as my default audio device. (shows Onkyo TX-SR606) I have gone through the set up wizard and selected 5.1 for my speaker setup. In the Realtek properties, DTS-MA and True HD are shown as supported audio formats. If I configure FFDshow to pass through True HD and DTS -MA, when I play a movie with True HD audio I see the True HD light on my receiver and video and audio plays correctly! However with DTS-MA I see the light on the receiver and video seems to play smoothly but there is no audio. I have tried two different HDMI cables and two different HDMI ports on my receiver. (HDMI ports are configured to "straight decode") I have configured my SageTV audio/video and ffdshow settings to match this guide. http://www.missingremote.com/guide/i...ng-sagetv-v7-0. As far I know I have the latest audio/video drivers. (2013) My receiver manual says it supports bit streaming for True HD/DTS-MA. I have spent over 20 hours over the past week trying various combinations of audio/video filters/codecs and settings. I have tried every setup guide/tutorial I can find but nothing works! I can't find the right combination that will play all my BD/DVD rips smoothly with audio. Help please! THANX!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Try KODI (formally XBMC) and set "pass through" to WASAPI in the audio options and see what happens.

Bill
post #3 of 19 Old 08-09-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post
Try KODI (formally XBMC) and set "pass through" to WASAPI in the audio options and see what happens.

Bill
I finally have some progress. I found these guides by gollyjer:
http://www.gollyjer.com/2011/02/quic...-audio-in.html.
http://www.gollyjer.com/2011/01/4-st...tter-free.html.

Using the shark007 codec pack and reclock (using WASAPI exclusive) as well the PDVD video filter. Now most of my BD rips play smooth w/ bitstreamed DTS-MA or TrudeHD. However some, such as Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets plays but there is no audio. None of the audio/video tray icons popup in the systray. (like they do with the movies that work) I also get a Reclock error. (see attached) Also Harry Potter and the prisoner of Askaban plays but with no audio as well. They both however play fine (with audio) on both of my HD100. The one connected to my receiver and the one in thebedroom connected directly to the TV. I have also attached the details of the movies as well. Help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip errors.zip (25.6 KB, 4 views)
post #4 of 19 Old 08-09-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I would suggest that you uninstall Reclock.
Then press [Reset All] in my app(s) and then select the [x] SUGGESTED settings checkbox
next, go to the Audio TAB and select the HDMI setting

Test with no other changes

What player are you using?
If MPC-HC, be sure the LAVFilters folder does not exist within the players installation folder. If it is there, delete it. I personally suggest that you try MPC-BE from my Tools page. The player on my Tools page needs no configuration and will use the settings from my app.

If you are using a Windows player for those M2TS files, you need to answer no to the question during selection of the SUGGESTED settings to take the decoding away from Windows and allow LAV to do the decoding. If answering No is not possible, then you need to turn those M2TS files into MKV's. There is a tool on my Tools page called Metafox that will do that without touching the quality.

Use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and retain your sanity.

Last edited by Shark007; 08-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.
post #5 of 19 Old 08-11-2014, 08:38 AM
djy

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question

Forgive me for jacking this thread but it's kind of related. Shark, maybe you can help me. I have an Nvidia GTX 580 video card which does not support DTS HD but can handle LPCM 7.2. Most of the time I use ZoomPlayer with MadVR, LAV splitter, LAV audio, and LAV video. I can decode DTS MA in software with LAV audio and the dtsdecoder.dll from TMT. Is there a way to pass it through the GTX 580 as LPCM to the receiver? Video card is connected to a Denon X2000 via HDMI.
post #6 of 19 Old 08-11-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djy View Post
Shark, maybe you can help me..... Is there a way to pass it through the GTX 580 as LPCM to the receiver?
I am not a hardware guru. I am not the correct person to direct your inquiry to.

My opinion: You GPU is getting old. Being your AVR can handle HD audio decoding, I would suggest replacing the GPU for something more modern and letting the AVR handle the HD audio instead of jumping though hoops as you are now.
djy likes this.

Use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and retain your sanity.
post #7 of 19 Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Install Reclock and select WASAPI for output, you don't need the other features of Reclock if you don't want them (check "slave audioclock" to disable its resampling). Alternatively select 5.1 in the Realtek control panel, but that will give you 5.1 with everything.

2-channel is just multichannel done badly. - Frank Derks
post #8 of 19 Old 08-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
Now most of my BD rips play smooth w/ bitstreamed DTS-MA or TrudeHD. However some, such as Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets plays but there is no audio. None of the audio/video tray icons popup in the systray. (like they do with the movies that work) I also get a Reclock error. (see attached) Also Harry Potter and the prisoner of Askaban plays but with no audio as well.
I can't open the zip you attached from work but just FYI if you didn't already know, both of those Harry Potter's have PCM 5.1 soundtracks, not DTS-MA or TrueHD.
post #9 of 19 Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
I would suggest that you uninstall Reclock.
Then press [Reset All] in my app(s) and then select the [x] SUGGESTED settings checkbox
next, go to the Audio TAB and select the HDMI setting

Test with no other changes

What player are you using?
If MPC-HC, be sure the LAVFilters folder does not exist within the players installation folder. If it is there, delete it. I personally suggest that you try MPC-BE from my Tools page. The player on my Tools page needs no configuration and will use the settings from my app.

If you are using a Windows player for those M2TS files, you need to answer no to the question during selection of the SUGGESTED settings to take the decoding away from Windows and allow LAV to do the decoding. If answering No is not possible, then you need to turn those M2TS files into MKV's. There is a tool on my Tools page called Metafox that will do that without touching the quality.
Thank you Shark for helping. I did as you suggested and uninstalled Reclock. Then I reset the shark codec to default. Then clicked on the "suggested settings". Finally I checked the HDMI bitstream check box in the audio tab. I then rebooted. I tried playing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban. (PCM /no audio) I no longer get the error message but I still don't get audio. I then tried playing Avatar, (which was working before I made the changes you suggested) It now has "jerky" video. So I unchecked "LAV filter" under the x264 tab and selected PDVD. I preformed the same test as above. Avatar plays smoothly with audio working but I still get no audio with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban. I also tried playing recorded/live TV. (HDPVR) The video was "jerky". So I unchecked PDVD and selected MPC-HC. I preformed the same test as above. Avatar plays smooth with working audio. My HDPVR recordings/live TV plays smooth but I still have no audio form Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban. I then tested all the BDs I have ripped so far and I have a total of nine that either have no audio or the audio is static. They all have PCM audio. I tried using Meta Fox (as you suggested) however the video was pixelated and "jerky" with no audio. I tried using DVDFab to convert the M2TS to MKV and I got the same results. So I re ripped Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban and converted the audio to AC3. It now plays smoothly with audio. While this is a solution I would really like the PCM to work. Also seeking is not very smooth. After I skip forward 15 secs or 1 min, it takes several seconds for the audio to play again and sometimes the video freezes and I have to skip again to get the movie to continue playing. Is there anything else I can do? THANX!

PS: I'm using SageTV for my player (Directshow)
post #10 of 19 Old 08-12-2014, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is there anything else I can do?

On the SWAP TAB, choose to disable the Microsoft Audio decoder to force the use of LAV for audio decoding.

Use
and retain your sanity.
post #11 of 19 Old 08-12-2014, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
On the SWAP TAB, choose to disable the Microsoft Audio decoder to force the use of LAV for audio decoding.

I did this but I still get no audio or random distorted chirps. I do now see the LAV audio tray icon. (which I was not seeing with movies w/ PCM before). I have attached a screenshot of the LAV Audio "status".
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAV Audio Decoder status.zip (57.6 KB, 6 views)
post #12 of 19 Old 08-12-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

The posted Audio Properties show MP2 audio, not PCM audio. I have no issue with this type of audio either but I use Windows Media Player for testing. Maybe your chosen player is the issue here. Try playing that file in Windows Media Player to see if that works properly.

Use
and retain your sanity.
post #13 of 19 Old 08-13-2014, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The posted Audio Properties show MP2 audio, not PCM audio. I have no issue with this type of audio either but I use Windows Media Player for testing. Maybe your chosen player is the issue here. Try playing that file in Windows Media Player to see if that works properly.
I tried playing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban with Windows Media player but got an error saying it did not recognize the file. So I reloaded Windows. Then installed MPC-HC. I tried playing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban and it plays perfectly. I also tried playing Terminator (also a movie w/ PCM I was having issues with) it played perfectly as well. So I downloaded the stand alone filters but I don't which need to be registered. I'd like to use all the filters MPC-HC is using with SageTV since they seem to be working. Help.
post #14 of 19 Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

MPC-HC uses the LAV Filters for playback.

Use
and retain your sanity.
post #15 of 19 Old 08-13-2014, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
MPC-HC uses the LAV Filters for playback.
That is strange! I have tried using just the LAV Filters after a fresh Windows install. I configured SageTV to use the LAV audio/video codecs but I still got no audio on my movies with PCM. After installing MPC-HC (I didn't change any settings) the movies w/ PCM audio played perfectly...
post #16 of 19 Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

After some more research I have found a registry tweak for SageTV that fixes playing mkv files. So I converted some more of my BD rips using Metafox. (as Shark suggested earlier) They play perfectly now. (using just LAV A/V filters in SageTV) However the BD rips w/ DTS-MA I have used Clown BD/tsmuxer to create an AC3 track in addition to the DTS-MA track. And made the AC3 track #1 . But after I converted it to mkv the AC3 track is #2 . I don't see an option to in tsmuxer to out put as mkv... Is there a way to not have Metafox touch the order of the audio tracks? (or another free utility) THANX!
post #17 of 19 Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is there a way to not have Metafox touch the order of the audio tracks? (or another free utility) THANX!
For MKV files, you can use mkvtoolnix to set the default audio track.

Last edited by Shark007; 08-20-2014 at 04:29 AM.
post #18 of 19 Old 08-20-2014, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

I'll try it. THANX!
post #19 of 19 Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
For MKV files, you can use mkvtoolnix to set the default audio track.
After a little trial and error I got it working! THANX!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page