Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2255 Dual Tuner Review: A BIG Disappointment... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Unhappy Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2255 Dual Tuner Review: A BIG Disappointment...

After a 2-month wait, I finally received and installed my new backordered Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2255 Dual Tuner PCIe Board. The new 2255 is advertised to have improved tuner sensitivity over the previous 2250 model. I was looking forward to improved tuner sensitivity using current 2014 technology...something better than 2011 or earlier technology. Unfortunately, the new 2255 tuner sensitivity turned out to be a big disappointment. I am not sure what brand of tuner the new 2255 is using, but if this is supposed to be an improvement over the 2250, I would have REALLY been badly disappointed if I had gotten the 2250!!!

I have owned and have been using a Hauppauge WinTV-Aero-m USB Tuner since 2011. It has an LGDT3305 demodulator. In fact all of my other HDTV devices listed below have LG tuners, and all perform nearly the same with better tuner sensitivity. The WinTV-Aero-m is just slightly less sensitive than my LG M237WD Monitor/HDTV, but receives fringe signals the new WinTV-HVR-2255 is unable to lock on.

With the WinTV-Aero-m and the WinTV-HVR-2255 running and hooked up to the same antenna at the same time, the WinTV-Aero-m received fringe signals that the 2255 could not! After 3 years, Hauppauge has only recently updated the Signal Monitor software to support the WinTV-Aero-m, but the Signal Monitor does not yet support the new WinTV-HVR-2255, so I cannot compare signal-to-noise numbers between the two tuners. It is odd, though, that the initial scan for the WinTV-HVR-2255 picked up channels I would have thought too weak to be scanned. However, those channels could NOT actually be VIEWED with the 2255. That makes me wonder if there is some software deficiency in the Hauppauge V3.7 2255 drivers or firmware that compromises the potential performance of its tuners. Why can't the 2255 tune in channels it had just successfully scanned? Why isn't 2014 tuner technology better than 2011 (or even 2008) technology? What brand tuner is in the 2255? Are LG tuners the only decent tuners available? I guess I'll have to forward these questions to Hauppauge.

This has been a BIG disappointment. Has anyone else had the opportunity to compare the 2255 tuner sensitivity to other tuners?

My other HDTV receivers (all with LG tuners or demodulators):
  • LG M237WD 23" Monitor/HDTV
  • Hauppauge WinTV-Aero-m HD and M/H Mobile ATSC Digital USB Tuner (LGDT3305)
  • Zenith DTT901 Converter Box
  • Artec T3AP-LL Converter Box

Maybe I should have ordered another WinTV-Aero-m instead of the WinTV-HVR-2255 :

http://www.tvtechnology.com/distribu...toolkit/223532
Doug Lung / 02.11.2014 02:00 PM
"Monitoring over-the-air TV signals requires a receiver, and the best USB ATSC receiver I’ve found is the Hauppauge Aero-M. It uses a Maxlinear MXF-111 tuner with an LGDT3305 ATSC demodulator and LG2161 ATSC-MH demodulator. It is the most sensitive, interference-resistant tuner I’ve found, works with both Linux and Windows and can be purchased directly from Hauppauge for $69."

Last edited by Smoke_signal; 08-14-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-15-2014, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

I decided to return my new Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2255 tuner and get another WinTV-Aero-m USB tuner instead. This will give me dual Aero-m tuners for my system. That's all I need. I don't need any of the other inputs, remote controls, and other features of the 2255, but I DO need the much better tuner sensitivity of the Aero-m.

I got out a magnifying lens to identify the chips on the 2255 board. The tuners are enclosed in a metal shield and cannot be identified. The tiny 4mm ATSC demodulator chips are brand new LG Electronics LG3306A demodulators, superceding the LGDT3305 chips. A Trident SAA7164E/3 A/V bridge chip (which has dual IF demodulators, MPEG2 encoders, PAL/NTSC/SECAM decoders, stereo decoders) completes the set.

The Hauppauge press release only states that new ATSC demodulators on the 2255 replace the 2250 demodulators. It makes no mention of replacing the tuners. The 2250 uses NXP TDA18271 tuners. Therefore, since the ATSC demodulators are the latest LG technology, the NXP tuners must be responsible for the relatively poor tuner sensitivity of the 2255. Maybe the sensitivity is better than the 2250, but not your typical home HDTV or the Aero-m. Hauppauge apparently blew its opportunity to potentially create the best PC tuner on the market by not replacing the tuners. Didn't Hauppauge even bother to compare the 2255 sensitivity to its own Aero-m tuner? Maybe it should replace the NXP tuners with new Maxlinear tuners.

http://www.hauppauge.com/pdfs/hauppa...20launched.pdf
"The WinTV-HVR-2255 has several improvements over the previous model. It includes the latest generation ATSC demodulator, with improved sensitivity for receiving over-the-air TV broadcasts. For those who live in a fringe area, the improved sensitivity will allow you to receive more over-the-air ATSC TV channels, with fewer digital TV artifacts."
post #3 of 27 Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
No tuner is going to make something out of nothing... if you have marginal TV Signal Strength you should focus on improving that rather than relying on an enhanced tuner. One question I have is: when you ran the side-by-side comparison, did you swap antenna leads to eliminate any splitter bias? Often a splitter will not provide the exact signal strength/freq response to both taps.

I'm still using an old ATi HDTV-Wonder in addition to my Hauppauge 1600, AVerMedia Duet, and HDHomeRun -- they all work just great! I say this because they're all old tuners, old technology and they still work great!
post #4 of 27 Old 08-16-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Fix your signal situation first if you can. If you have improved that to the degree possible than go with what you know works. I have found some PC tuners work better than others, yes. But the differences are not that great. I currently use a couple of very old HD Homeruns that back in the era before analog phase out did not get the job done. But once the digital stations were broadcasting at full power the HD Homeruns worked extremely well. In fact they have be laying on the floor behind by main home theater display for several years now and they just work. Workhorse appliances, they don't have the best tuners in them but with a reasonable signal they do what they are supposed to.

The PCs come, the PCs go. I am always changing something hardware is constantly reconfigured somewhere on local network. Hardware changes, operating systems changes, doesn't matter the HD Homeruns just sit there on floor in a pile of coax and never miss a beat 24 by 7, 365 days a year. Sometimes I have a problem with my local PBS affiliate. It is never the HD Homeruns, it always the station as the Comcast retransmission will always behave the same.

So you are better off fixing your signal if you can, chasing the last little bit of tuner performance seems like pot luck to me. If you already have a working solution than get more of the same because it becomes voodoo if the signal is marginal, I feel for you because before the digitals went full power.. I was kind of in your shoes and it drove me crazy. I had a good antenna and a good amp and the only OTA tuner I could really rely on back then was in my Tivo.

Just another blank signature.
post #5 of 27 Old 08-16-2014, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hornfeck View Post
No tuner is going to make something out of nothing... if you have marginal TV Signal Strength you should focus on improving that rather than relying on an enhanced tuner. One question I have is: when you ran the side-by-side comparison, did you swap antenna leads to eliminate any splitter bias? Often a splitter will not provide the exact signal strength/freq response to both taps.

I'm still using an old ATi HDTV-Wonder in addition to my Hauppauge 1600, AVerMedia Duet, and HDHomeRun -- they all work just great! I say this because they're all old tuners, old technology and they still work great!
As I have pointed out, I have plenty of receivers and experience trying to improve reception. I know a weak tuner when I see it. I also trust Doug Lung's take on the Aero-m. Doug is a highly respected engineer in the business.
post #6 of 27 Old 08-18-2014, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

I did forward my concerns abut the WinTV-HVR-2255 to Hauppauge and received the following reply this morning:

Thanks for your note and the heads up.

I have spoken to our engineering guys and they are looking into your report right now. Last Friday they ported the SNR tool so it could be used with the new WinTV-HVR-2255 and are now working to duplicate your results.

The WinTV-HVR-2255 does pass A72 (the ATSC spec) but that does not mean that one TV tuner is not more sensitive than another. So we are going back and comparing the WinTV-HVR-2255 with the WinTV-Aero.

Stay tuned for the results.

If you wouldn't mind posting a note to your comments on the AVSforum that Hauppauge is looking into report, we'd appreciate it.

ken

=========================
Ken Plotkin
Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc.

post #7 of 27 Old 08-24-2014, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, that's disappointing...I was about to buy the HVR-2255 to replace my old HVR-2250...hoping to get better multi-path performance. I'll be very interested to see how this comes out.

Mark Schneider,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 27 Old 08-24-2014, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

I got my second new WinTV-Aero-m tuner a couple days ago and it's sensitivity is equal to the sensitivity of my three year old Aero-m tuner, i.e. both superior to the WinTV-HVR-2255. Unfortunately, WinTV v7 software has a bug which prevents it from recognizing and running two Aero-m tuners at the same time.

The problem appears to be that WinTV v7 is failing to obtain the MAC Address specifically for Aero-m tuners. The MAC Address is unique for each individual Hauppauge tuner device and is used by WinTV v7 to distinguish one device from another. WinTV v7 has no problem obtaining and storing the correct MAC Address for the WinTV-HVR-2255 and other tuners, but for the Aero-m's my HexEdit hexadecimal editor shows only zeros where the MAC Address should be stored in the Hauppauge channel database file.

Evidently, it must be very rare for a user to own and be running two Aero-m tuners at the same time, because this WinTV v7 software bug has existed since the Aero-m was introduced in 2011. I've reported the bug to Hauppauge Tech Support. Hopefully, they will fix it fast. It should be an easy fix for them. I really don't want to have to download and install MediaPortal in place of WinTV v7. I only need Hauppauge TV tuner viewing/recording software, and have no use for all the extra MediaPortal features plus wasting the disc space it uses up.
post #9 of 27 Old 08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Can other front-end applications differentiate between the tuners? Maybe WMC, MediaPortal or some other app could be your solution.
post #10 of 27 Old 08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
That's a bummer, 'coz the whole selling point of the "new & improved" 2255 was better tuner.

Solution: FREE. Explanation: I will have to charge$ you.

post #11 of 27 Old 08-29-2014, 09:26 AM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Smoke_signal sorry heard about your problem.
Just so every one know that 2250 NXP SAA7164E chip is same as 2255 Trident SAA7164E chip as Trident bought some of NXP Tech.
The tuners enclosed behind the metal shield is from Silicon Labs I think it the Si21x7 the 5th generation chip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12 of 27 Old 08-29-2014, 10:35 AM

Well...I wound up buying an HDHomeRun Dual. After playing around with it, I'm not really sure if the tuner is better than the one in my old HVR-2250 or not, but the included utility does seem to be more useful than the one that came with the Hauppauge card, and that made it easier for me to discover that the HDHomeRun was getting too much signal.

I have a big Channel Master outdoor antenna up about 20 feet. I'm only about 18 miles from the main transmitters, but this area is heavily wooded. The trees are 60 feet high, so the antenna is looking into a lot of trunks. The big antenna helps to narrow the pattern and reject noise off the sides. I also have an antenna-mounted preamp, mainly to offset line losses and minimize ingress into the coax. It all makes sense at some level, but it does result in a lot of signal, even after tapping and splitting for distribution.

I became aware early on that the Hauppauge tuner was more sensitive to overload than most of the other receivers that I had, but their monitoring software is less useful than HDHomeRun’s. I spent a lot of time fiddling with it and eventually wound up settling on a 10 dB attenuator. I’ve had sporadic problems with dropouts/freezing on the local NBC channel, and lately, it has seemed worse. I just assumed that it was because the aging Hauppauge card just couldn’t handle the multipath associated with all of the trees, so had the idea that maybe tuners had gotten better in the last five years. I thought maybe I could just throw a newer tuner at it and solve the problem that way.

After reading about the questionable results with the new HVR-2255, I just bought the HDHomeRun instead, since everyone seemed to be raving about it, and also because it was said to work with SageTV. Well, when I first hooked it up, the signal monitor was very revealing. All of the channels of interest were showing 100 percent signal, but some had quality percentages down in the fifties and sixties. Remembering my earlier experiences with the 2250, I got a handful of attenuators and started adding them in the line to the HDHR. As the signal levels started to fall below 100 percent, the quality scores started to rise. With most of the channels at 98 percent signal, the quality scores were also in the nineties. Admittedly, it is a trade-off because the very weak stations disappeared, but the majors became very solid.

I don’t have the equipment to do any definitive testing, but my sense is that these chip-based tuners just lack the selectivity and dynamic range that is needed to deal with widely varying signal levels from one station to the next. If SageTV had the capability, I might consider attenuating one tuner for the strong stations and using the second one (with less attenuation) for the weak stations. But AFAIK, there is no way to get SageTV to use some particular tuner for a given station, so unless I find better server software (and thin clients to match), this may be the best I can hope for.

Anyway, I thought it might be worth mentioning that too much signal can be just as bad as not enough.

Mark Schneider,
post #13 of 27 Old 08-30-2014, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwschneider View Post
Anyway, I thought it might be worth mentioning that too much signal can be just as bad as not enough.
Doug Lung points out the Aero-M tuner is the most interference-resistant USB tuner he is aware of. Perhaps that resistance to interference might solve your signal overload problem and allow you to receive both strong and weak signals.
http://www.tvtechnology.com/distribu...-linux-/211617
http://www.tvtechnology.com/distribu...toolkit/223532
http://www.tvtechnology.com/digital-...d-worse/186072

Hauppauge Tech Support confirmed the MAC Address bug in WinTV v7 software for the Aero-M. Now all I need to do is wait for the fix and release of the next update of WinTV v7 to be able to use both of my Aero-M tuners at the same time, whenever that will happen.

Last edited by Smoke_signal; 08-30-2014 at 02:25 AM.
post #14 of 27 Old 08-30-2014, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwschneider View Post

I don’t have the equipment to do any definitive testing, but my sense is that these chip-based tuners just lack the selectivity and dynamic range that is needed to deal with widely varying signal levels from one station to the next. If SageTV had the capability, I might consider attenuating one tuner for the strong stations and using the second one (with less attenuation) for the weak stations. But AFAIK, there is no way to get SageTV to use some particular tuner for a given station, so unless I find better server software (and thin clients to match), this may be the best I can hope for.

Wow, I'd never heard of too much signal b4.

I'm not familiar with SageTV, but I believe WMC allows you to designate a specific tuner for a specific channel. Fwiw.
post #15 of 27 Old 08-30-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_signal View Post
Doug Lung points out the Aero-M tuner is the most interference-resistant USB tuner he is aware of.
Well, it's just too bad that it's a USB device. My HTPC/server is already maxed out on USB ports, and honestly, that particular Asus motherboard has always exhibited somewhat less than stellar USB reliability anyway. And of course the inability to address more than one such USB tuner would also be a significant limitation. So all things considered, I would rather have a card.

The HDHomeRun Dual was admittedly a compromise - I have passed on it for a long time in hopes that a better internal solution would eventually present itself. And then when it finally did, it turned out to be "A BIG Disappointment". But the HDHomeRun does appeal to my networking background...its a pretty cool device.

Mark Schneider,
post #16 of 27 Old 08-30-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
Wow, I'd never heard of too much signal b4.

I'm not familiar with SageTV, but I believe WMC allows you to designate a specific tuner for a specific channel. Fwiw.
My experience in Ham radio suggested that overload might be a problem. With communications receivers it is typically out-of-band signals that causes the most trouble, because the inherent signal levels are typically much lower than the surrounding commercial bands. But obviously these TV receivers would never make it as communications receivers. The main focus seems to be upon low cost rather than high performance. If somebody wanted to make a highly sensitive and selective 8VSB receiver, I'm sure it could be done, but it would probably cost more than entire cost of a typical TV set.

As for WMC, I have played around with it, and again just recently with the HDHomeRun. It looks nice and works good for what it is, but lacks some of the appliance-like features of my SageTV server. For example, one needs a bunch of mouse clicks just to turn closed captions on and off. I don't normally use a mouse just to watch TV. SageTV has thin clients that work well with an IR remote. It's about as close to a TiVo DVR experience as one can get, short of an actual TiVo, and the latest TiVo's aren't ATSC-capable, so I don't have that option unless I want to buy into the whole cable TV ~$100/month for hundreds-of-channels-that-nobody-watches scenario. And the oh-so-dreadful Xfinity DVR experience. Ugh.

Anyway, unless something has changed recently, WMC doesn't have any thin clients. 'Seems like it would be simple enough for Microsoft to get together with Roku or even smart TV manufacturers, but for whatever reason, Microsoft doesn't seem interested. I think it may work with an Xbox, but that's not exactly the ideal "thin client". Expensive, power hungry, hot, and relatively noisy for anything other than playing games. And too, I already a working SageTV system and multiple PS3's, so it's just just not all that appealing to start over again from scratch.

Granted, SageTV is a dead duck since Google bought it, but while it lasts, it seems like my easiest/least expensive option.

Mark Schneider,
post #17 of 27 Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Yeah, I love wmc, but MS stopped development of it a few years ago. I don't know about captions with it since I only use sub's, and then only with Media Browser 3.

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.
post #18 of 27 Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
Yeah, I love wmc, but MS stopped development of it a few years ago. I don't know about captions with it since I only use sub's, and then only with Media Browser 3.
What are "sub's? Subtitles? I had never actually considered that there would be any difference between closed captions and subtitles, since many times closed captions offer multiple languages. But after a quick Google search, apparently there is indeed some difference. I'm not sure I know how to access subtitles from any of my current devices though...(?) I'm pretty sure SageTV does not natively support subtitles. There may be a third-party plug-in, but until a few moments ago, I never even considered the need. Thanks for the "food for thought".

Mark Schneider,
post #19 of 27 Old 09-11-2014, 09:09 AM
SHS
AVS Special Member

There working on the problem for Windows and I also hear that Linux driver are coming for WinTV-HVR-2255 as well as of Right now, it requires and NDA but they are plan to open source it pretty soon.

post #20 of 27 Old 09-15-2014, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hauppauge HVR-2255 - No Linux Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
There working on the problem for Windows and I also hear that Linux driver are coming for WinTV-HVR-2255 as well as of Right now, it requires and NDA but they are plan to open source it pretty soon.
I recently purchased a HVR-2255 with hopes to use it with Linux. As others have stated there are currently no drivers for Linux. If you plan a Linux usage I suggest you delay your purchase until Hauppauge releases the needed drivers.

I tested the card with Windows 7 Professional, using Windows Media Center and also using Hauppauge's WinTV v7.

Using WMC there is one channel, from a transmitter only 3 miles away, that will not decode. WMC shows the signal is full strength yet says there is no signal when I choose that channel.

Using WinTV I had no problem decoding all expected signals. The tuner appears to be more sensitive than the tuners in my Samsung Plasma tv and my Sony LED tv. The 2255 picked up some channels neither tv found.

The product seems to work fine. The only negative - a BIG negative for me - is the missing Linux driver.
post #21 of 27 Old 09-15-2014, 08:24 AM

Thanks for your comments BassAddict. I have to admit that I am more interested in receiver selectivity and multi-path rejection than I am in raw sensitivity, but I do appreciate you taking the time to post your observations. I am finding it difficult to find any critical reviews of current-day receivers, so every little bit helps.

Personally, I don't care about Linux drivers, but I realize that there are those who do. I care more that it doesn't work well with WMC because that seems like it should have been their starting point. What did Hauppauge test with if not WMC? Maybe they didn't test at all. Signal assessment and tuning software seems to be weak in just about every application that I have seen. HDHomeRun has the best utility I've seen so far, but even that one could use some work. When working with strong signals, all of the signal strength indicators just show full scale. Meanwhile the tuner can't deliver a stable picture. There needs to be a way to see the actual strength, even if it is very strong. And some instruction as to what is the ideal range. Signals below a certain threshold obviously don't product good results, but what about signal over a certain threshold?

With analog TVs it was easy enough to just observe the picture. One could rotate the antenna and/or adjust the gain of a preamplifier and immediately see the effect to both signal strength and multi-path. Not so much anymore. Now we need reliable software tools to analyze the signal quality, but sadly, good software seems to be non-existent.

Mark Schneider,
post #22 of 27 Old 09-15-2014, 10:15 AM

Hey I'm famous...people are quoting from my post 22. Or would that be infamous?

Mark Schneider,
post #23 of 27 Old 09-15-2014, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

I am still waiting for Hauppauge to release an update for WinTV v7 to correct the problem of not being able to use 2 Aero-M tuners simultaneously. I am hoping for the fix before the start of the new Fall TV season next week so I can begin to record 2 programs concurrently, but Hauppauge appears to release updates only at the end of the month so that probably won't happen in time.

I downloaded MediaPortal to see if that would work, but MediaPortal does NOT have any way to record from 2 ATSC tuners concurrently. In fact, unlike WinTV v7 which can open an unlimited number of concurrent viewing/recording windows, MediaPortal is limited to only ONE viewing window, PERIOD! I do not have WMC, nor will I ever pay for WMC. This really makes me appreciate what WinTV v7 is capable of. It is vastly superior to MediaPortal for TV viewing/recording so long as you are using Hauppauge tuners. Linux has support for Aero-M tuners, but I am sticking with Windows 8.1 for now.

Last edited by Smoke_signal; 09-15-2014 at 11:34 PM.
post #24 of 27 Old 09-16-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I routinely record from multiple ATSC tuners via MediaPortal -- there's only one viewing window (Client) available because it records on the server in the background as a service. The thing MP will do is recognize both your USB tuners and use them simultaneously to record in the background. MP is not trying to do PIP or a multi-window environment. One more thing, once you scan for stations in TV-Server, you have to MAP them to one or more tuner(s). Assuming both of your USB tuners are showing up, after you scan for channels just MAP the same channels to the second tuner and it will be allocated to tune/record those channels as well, concurrently if necessary (because the back-end is using one or more tuners for (scheduled) recording).

How'd your MediaPortal experience go with these hints?
post #25 of 27 Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How'd your MediaPortal experience go with these hints?
I already tried that previously. After starting to record on one channel, as soon as I started recording on a second channel, the first one quit recording even though both still showed as actively recording and streaming. It does NOT work with 2 Aero-M tuners. I normally do not SCHEDULE recordings. I start recording from viewing mode. You state you are recording "scheduled" programs. I will try "scheduling", but that's not the way I prefer to record. The 2 tuners use 2 different antennas to get the best fringe reception for the selected channel, so I need to view reception before I start recording.

Update: Tried "scheduling" recordings. DID NOT WORK!!! It's likely the Hauppauge Aero-M drivers are defective, thereby causing both WinTV v7 and MediaPortal to be unable to distinguish between the Aero-M tuners. They both recognize there are 2 Aero-M tuners present, but both try to use the same Aero-M tuner to record 2 programs at the same time. So Hauppauge needs to fix a bug in the Aero-M drivers.

Last edited by Smoke_signal; Yesterday at 04:59 AM.
post #26 of 27 Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Since you stated you have different antennas for different channels, JUST MAP some channels to one tuner, others to the 2nd tuner and MP will select the the proper tuner assigned to the channel you're either trying to view, or record.
post #27 of 27 Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Since you stated you have different antennas for different channels, JUST MAP some channels to one tuner, others to the 2nd tuner and MP will select the the proper tuner assigned to the channel you're either trying to view, or record.
The Aero-M's won't work until Hauppauge fixes the drivers, PERIOD!
Reply Home Theater Computers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page