post #1 of 5 Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Intel NUC 2.0

http://www.fanlesstech.com/2014/08/e...ng-nuc-20.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N91O5olGBq.../NEW_NUC_7.png

14nm Braswell NUC looks like a nice improvement over the 22nm Baytrail NUC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I thought the Baytrail version was the 2nd or 3rd generation of NUCs. So how can this new one only be the 2.0?

post #3 of 5 Old 08-22-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkuranus View Post
I thought the Baytrail version was the 2nd or 3rd generation of NUCs. So how can this new one only be the 2.0?

i bet the NUC idea was initially just some gag idea that they decided to throw out into the market without much hype just to see what would happen and were taken aback at its success and ensuing demand. So now they got 'serious' about it and are calling the 2015 models version 2.0

Now I dont know what to do, I already have 1, and need 2 more. Should I get two more of the haswell's or wait 6 more months.... And how come only the celeron comes with optical audio out??? a lot of us still have pre-hdmi equipment
post #4 of 5 Old 08-22-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou8thisSN View Post
i bet the NUC idea was initially just some gag idea that they decided to throw out into the market without much hype just to see what would happen and were taken aback at its success and ensuing demand.
I could be mistaken but I read they created the NUC as proof of concept to show vendors what could be created. They went over so well they ended up going retail themselves.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #5 of 5 Old 08-22-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
I could be mistaken but I read they created the NUC as proof of concept to show vendors what could be created. They went over so well they ended up going retail themselves.

I have n idea. All i know is that last year at this time i needed a waf approved slim htpc box that had hdmi and optical audio out and could run windows and plex and i settled for the mac mini, which i bootcamped windows 7 on.. It still runs great but the haswell nuc totally blow it out of the water. I hadn't heard about the nuc till after i got the mini and even then i didn't think intel would actually take it seriously enough to make a legit htpc. Now I'm in a bit of a quandary on what to do for my on situation. #firstworldproblems i guess

Tablet
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page