• 2 Post By Dark_Slayer

post #1 of 16 Old 08-23-2014, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 86
XBMC movie scraping inconsistency

Trying to figure this out. 3 computers in the house running XBMC Gotham w/ACE skin -- Win8 desktop, Win7 laptop, and HTPC running latest OpenElec nightly. Same XBMC video and scraper settings for all 3 and Missing Movie Scanner addon shows the same results for all 3 also: 1321 folders, 1333 files, 1331 matches. However go to Movies and the laptop shows 1322 movies, the desktop 1321, and the HTPC 1319. Have done update and clean library on all 3 and again after rechecking and confirming all settings are the same. Any idea why this would be? TV Shows match for all 3, only movies come back w/different results. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-23-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Nope, but you really need to save your sanity and use a central mysql database
Aryn Ravenlocke likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 08-23-2014, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
+1

So much this.
post #4 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks. I would if I was going to continue to run XBMC on multiple machines. Probably I won't though. I've been going back and forth on whether to go with the NUC (OpenElec) or Win8 machine in the living room and whichever I don't use for that I'll repurpose for something else. And XBMC on the laptop was only ever for testing in the first place. So once I settle on my 1 HTPC going forward it won't be an issue any more. Just thought it was curious.

FYI though, when I removed my movies server as a source on the laptop then added it back again it came back w/1319 movies after re-scraping (same as the NUC). Haven't done that on the Win8 machine yet but if I get the same result there as I expect then I'll only have to figure out which 2 of my movie folders are empty (which I thought Missing Movie Scanner would do for me but apparently not).
post #5 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Hmm, perhaps a "clean library" command needed to be sent on each then? Still doesn't explain the inconsistency to begin with

Also as an aside, xbmb3c is getting ridiculously good. There are still a few kinks that keep me from using it as a daily driver, but in a very short time they've added disc art, actor images, and overviews to the customized skins in their repo making it around 10x better than plexbmc. It's worth a look, and if you aren't keen on the "Show Info" screen of the XBMC libraries then I'd say it's ready for primetime
bulls and Aryn Ravenlocke like this.
post #6 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Hmm, perhaps a "clean library" command needed to be sent on each then? Still doesn't explain the inconsistency to begin with

Also as an aside, xbmb3c is getting ridiculously good. There are still a few kinks that keep me from using it as a daily driver, but in a very short time they've added disc art, actor images, and overviews to the customized skins in their repo making it around 10x better than plexbmc. It's worth a look, and if you aren't keen on the "Show Info" screen of the XBMC libraries then I'd say it's ready for primetime
XBMB3C is probably what I'll be using as my primary until MB Theater gets a bit more polished. I really like MBT, but it still gets a bit buggy at times. I love how it is coming along though.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
UPNP is your friend... I scrape the main library and share it to 4 devices.
post #8 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbpete View Post
UPNP is your friend... I scrape the main library and share it to 4 devices.
I know it may seem silly, but I don't like upnp since it doesn't give you actor images or disc art
post #9 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I know it may seem silly, but I don't like upnp since it doesn't give you actor images or disc art
Add the host library (music/video), not just the individual nodes and you'll get everything.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJimador View Post
Trying to figure this out. 3 computers in the house running XBMC Gotham w/ACE skin -- Win8 desktop, Win7 laptop, and HTPC running latest OpenElec nightly. Same XBMC video and scraper settings for all 3 and Missing Movie Scanner addon shows the same results for all 3 also: 1321 folders, 1333 files, 1331 matches. However go to Movies and the laptop shows 1322 movies, the desktop 1321, and the HTPC 1319. Have done update and clean library on all 3 and again after rechecking and confirming all settings are the same. Any idea why this would be? TV Shows match for all 3, only movies come back w/different results. Thanks.
Have you figured out which files are not in the library? You have 1321 folders and 1333 files, where are the extra 12 files kept? Are you scraping recursively?
You can add them individually through the video node. It could be the naming structure for them is not apparent or missing nfo's.
post #11 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Add the host library (music/video), not just the individual nodes and you'll get everything.
I just tried this, and I can't even get the show info screen to work like it would in a normal video file list. No disc art either

I commented about this a while back in Ned Scott's "making UPNP shine in Gotham" thread before any final gotham releases, and they acknowledged those parts are missing along with other clear art since the scraper code doesn't acknowledge them to begin with
post #12 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I just tried this, and I can't even get the show info screen to work like it would in a normal video file list. No disc art either

I commented about this a while back in Ned Scott's "making UPNP shine in Gotham" thread before any final gotham releases, and they acknowledged those parts are missing along with other clear art since the scraper code doesn't acknowledge them to begin with
Could it be skin related, I'm using CCM and I have video info, disc art and actor images.. The only thing I don't get is the fanart and the context menu doesn't have all the options that are in the host system.

edit: Checked on kodi 14 and Gotham 13.1 using touch skin and its the same.
post #13 of 16 Old 08-24-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, I loaded CCM just to check this out

Here is where I can tell you that it does NOT work where my regular library does (AN5, AN4.1.9, and MQ5)

I noticed in CCM there is a UPNP library mode option. That definitely tells me it is a skin dependent feature, but I enabled that

I still can't get "Show Info" to work at all in any view. I even changed the behavior to "Choose" and when I choose Show Info from the dialog, it begins to play

I would truly pull my hair out about this, but mysql has just worked for quite sometime. Even better, the MB3 plug in is 90% of the way there for me with just the info screen to sort out. I'll eventually be throwing plex out of the mix since MB3 can track my resume points across all my xbmc boxes and android devices
post #14 of 16 Old 08-25-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Ok, I loaded CCM just to check this out

Here is where I can tell you that it does NOT work where my regular library does (AN5, AN4.1.9, and MQ5)

I noticed in CCM there is a UPNP library mode option. That definitely tells me it is a skin dependent feature, but I enabled that

I still can't get "Show Info" to work at all in any view. I even changed the behavior to "Choose" and when I choose Show Info from the dialog, it begins to play

I would truly pull my hair out about this, but mysql has just worked for quite sometime. Even better, the MB3 plug in is 90% of the way there for me with just the info screen to sort out. I'll eventually be throwing plex out of the mix since MB3 can track my resume points across all my xbmc boxes and android devices
Ok, I see what you mean now. The "I" info screen is not there, just the basic movie info. I suppose it comes in handy if you use the client a lot. We'll have to see if v14 fixes that.

Glad to hear the MB3 plugin is coming along so nicely. I only use the server (and it's fantastic) but may consider migrating later on.
post #15 of 16 Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Have you figured out which files are not in the library? You have 1321 folders and 1333 files, where are the extra 12 files kept? Are you scraping recursively?
You can add them individually through the video node. It could be the naming structure for them is not apparent or missing nfo's.
The extra files are from 2 part movies where ".cd1" and ".cd2" at the end of the file names are used to auto play the second part (bluray versions of all the extended LOTR's + DVD versions of a few longer movies like Oliver! and Das Boot).

BTW I never did remove and re-add my movie server as a source on my Win8 machine to see if the scraping will now be consistent with the other 2. Just got bogged down with work, etc. I'll get to it soon though.

The concern for me really is if the Missing Movie Scanner addon isn't always telling me if a file is missing -- for example if the folder name is correct but empty because the movie file was accidentally deleted or saved to the wrong folder. If anything like that is going on and Missing Movie Scanner doesn't show it in the scan results then I'd never know the movie is missing until I go to play it.

Anyway I'll fiddle w/it more when I can and I'm sure I'll get it sorted soon enough.
post #16 of 16 Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJimador View Post
FYI though, when I removed my movies server as a source on the laptop then added it back again it came back w/1319 movies after re-scraping (same as the NUC). Haven't done that on the Win8 machine yet but if I get the same result there as I expect then I'll only have to figure out which 2 of my movie folders are empty (which I thought Missing Movie Scanner would do for me but apparently not).
Found the discrepancy. Turned out none of the movie folders were empty and that the Win8 machine showing 2 more movies than the others was because of 1 movie that it scraped as 3 (The Spy Who Came in from the Cold). The weird thing was that after I removed the extra listings and updated the library an extra copy showed up again, and then yet again after I removed the new extra and exited out / restarted XBMC. No idea why it was so determined to scrape extra copies of this particular movie since there was saved exactly the same as the others but hopefully it's done w/that now.

The other thing I noticed scrolling line by line through my movies on 2 different machines is some inconsistency re: movie sets. On my laptop there was no Grindhouse Collection and those 2 movies scraped as individual titles while on the Win8 machine there was no Monty Python Collection and those 3 movies scraped individually there. Is there a way to add a movie set that's not scraping as a such?
Reply Home Theater Computers