A-Tech Fabrication HTPC Case: update - Page 95 - AVS Forum
First ... 93  94  95
Home Theater Computers > A-Tech Fabrication HTPC Case: update
bellaireroad's Avatar bellaireroad 10:43 PM 03-31-2010
Is the 6000 still available?

Glenn_L's Avatar Glenn_L 09:07 AM 04-02-2010
The 6000 was replaced by the 7000 several years ago.
uddinz's Avatar uddinz 06:26 PM 04-02-2010
PM me if you want to buy a 6000. I have one that I would sell.
bellaireroad's Avatar bellaireroad 09:05 PM 04-03-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by uddinz View Post

PM me if you want to buy a 6000. I have one that I would sell.

You have mail
Tolstoi's Avatar Tolstoi 08:43 AM 04-13-2010
These are great product offer more flexibility than my current HFX case.

My biggest concern is that I hate slot drive an will never buy a case that restrict myself to these. Is there option to get in the 7000, 2500 or 300 either full BD drive or slim BD drive?
BobMajor's Avatar BobMajor 03:05 PM 04-19-2010
I thought I should post that I've had the Mini-Client 2500 for almost 3 years. It's beautiful and meets my need for an audio server very well.
I just ordered a Micro-Client 300 for use as a general use computer. Perhaps that's overkill but it's so small, beautiful and capable of creating a super powerful computer.
Thanks Glenn!
hungarianhc's Avatar hungarianhc 01:16 AM 06-11-2011
It's been over a year since this thread has been alive... what's the good word on Atech these days? I'm interested, but they seem significantly (i.e. 2x) the price of competitors!

But they look NICE!
Glenn_L's Avatar Glenn_L 04:51 PM 03-27-2012
We just released a new chassis that is very similar to our popular 2500 Mini-Client. The new 2800HP has the same footprint yet we were able to increase thermal capacity by over 75% utilizing deeper and taller fins. This allows 95 watt CPU's to be installed with our higher capacity HeatSync cooling system.

HeatSync® 2800HP Mini-Client
assassin's Avatar assassin 05:09 PM 03-27-2012
Did I read that correctly? $659?
hungarianhc's Avatar hungarianhc 05:19 PM 03-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Of course - it's not news that their stuff is priced quite high, but it's also super high quality. Whether it's worth it is up to the individual, but this is not a news flash.
ben7337's Avatar ben7337 06:48 PM 03-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

And that's without the heatsync which is the whole point of the case. Plus it isn't the prettiest thing in the world either. Makes me more than happy to wait for the H5.SODD from HD-Plex, should be less than half the price and better looking, albeit still expensive and probably not worth it in reality.
Glenn_L's Avatar Glenn_L 03:13 PM 03-28-2012
We don't cut corners just to make a cheap case. Our cases are made to be the finest possible and the highest in performance; we are not competing in the low end market.Some people demand the quality and performance of a Ferrari, while others will settle for a Toyota if that is all they can afford.

Once you see and feel one of our cases in person, you will understand the difference. We have had many customers that left other brands, and say there is just no comparison. The only people that complain about price, are people that don't own one. We have a large percentage of repeat customers that know quailty when they see it.
Glenn_L's Avatar Glenn_L 03:17 PM 03-28-2012
Our latest set-top box....

HeatSync 1200 Ultra-Slim Set-Top PC
jeffkro's Avatar jeffkro 04:29 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_L View Post

We don't cut corners just to make a cheap case. Our cases are made to be the finest possible and the highest in performance; we are not competing in the low end market.Some people demand the quality and performance of a Ferrari, while others will settle for a Toyota if that is all they can afford.

Once you see and feel one of our cases in person, you will understand the difference. We have had many customers that left other brands, and say there is just no comparison. The only people that complain about price, are people that don't own one. We have a large percentage of repeat customers that know quailty when they see it.

Settle, my Tacoma is 6 years old and has not had a single problem.
BizarroTerl's Avatar BizarroTerl 04:30 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:

I've owned one of these cases, and this is totally true. (and I own a Tacoma too )
assassin's Avatar assassin 05:21 PM 03-28-2012
I had an Avalon for 12 years. Great car. Very functional and affordable. Got the job done with no issues. Since it was affordable it allowed me to maximize spending inside and outside of it.
GorillaF15's Avatar GorillaF15 07:04 PM 03-28-2012
I have had an Atech 4000 case since 2003 that has had many innard upgrades; has been and still is my primary HTPC. Expensive? Yes. Worth every cent? Absolutely. It looks and works as great as the day I received it. I'm not a paid shill, I just really appreciate quality products. It has even probably had a negative effect on Atech sales as I haven't had the urge to buy any more of their products, no need.
nebari's Avatar nebari 09:10 PM 05-02-2012
I purchase an ATech 3000 case in 2002. I upgraded it a few times. However, I finally lost interest in fighting windows and the HTPC. I've haven't turned on the HTPC in over 5 years. The case is still damn good looking though. Now, I've gotten lazy and just use AppleTV.

In fact, I haven't visited these forums in several years (4 years actually). I came back to research the new Panny plasma. I just stopped by to see if this thread was still going.

Well, it seems that Glen is still at it. He does top notch quality work. Oh, I own a Tundra.
Zon2020's Avatar Zon2020 09:33 PM 05-02-2012
Quote:

So I was looking around your website for the first time and thought the BD-2000 looked interesting, but are you actually still building those with a G45 motherboard, Core 2 Duo, and DDR2?
assassin's Avatar assassin 09:44 PM 05-02-2012
My Silverstone case will last 10 years.

Just saying.
BizarroTerl's Avatar BizarroTerl 09:00 AM 05-03-2012
The Atech case will last 30 years.
Just saying.
assassin's Avatar assassin 09:03 AM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl View Post

The Atech case will last 30 years.
Just saying.

And why won't a Silverstone? Lian Li?

Just sayin.
StardogChampion's Avatar StardogChampion 09:22 AM 05-03-2012
If it's made of aluminum it should last 80-200 years -- longer if you don't bury it in the ground outside.
Zon2020's Avatar Zon2020 09:44 AM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post

If it's made of aluminum it should last 80-200 years -- longer if you don't bury it in the ground outside.

Not commenting on this particular case; I was just curious why aluminum would be inherently longer lasting than powder coated steel or even solid quality plastic.

It's all academic anyhow. Does anyone seriously believe that they will be using a box that looks like any current htpc 30 years from now?

Although I am still waiting on my serious question above about whether these folks are building up to date Ivy Bridge or at least Sandy Bridge complete units or are actually still selling G45/C2D/DDR2 systems. as their website indicates.
cdru's Avatar cdru 01:32 PM 05-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon2020 View Post

Does anyone seriously believe that they will be using a box that looks like any current htpc 30 years from now?

Of course not. Their styling would look silly in 30 years next to my amp, turntable and CD player.
BizarroTerl's Avatar BizarroTerl 08:04 AM 05-05-2012
Some people own Ferrari. Some feel a Ford Focus is all they need.
First ... 93  94  95

Up
Mobile  Desktop