delete extra at end of wtv files - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Unread Today, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
delete extra at end of wtv files

Is there a way to delete extra video at the end of a wtv file without re-encoding it? For instance if I record something for 90 minutes, but the last 30 minutes is just extra junk is there a way to delete the last 30 minutes?

I vaguely remember starting to look into this before and I stumbled upon VideoReDo. Can VideoReDo accomplish what I asking or is VideoReDo just another video editor?

Can I hope for even more than just deleting extra junk from the ending or even the beginning of the WTV file? Could I delete the commercials from the middle of the WTV file without re-encoding?

When I say re-encoding, I'm talking about something that is going to take hours to accomplish. If it is going to take a few seconds or maybe even a few minutes, I can tolerate that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Unread Today, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 280
VideoReDo can do what you want without re-encoding as long as the recordings aren't copy-once. If your recordings are flagged copy once you cannot open it in any editing program.
post #3 of 4 Unread Today, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
VideoReDo can do what you want without re-encoding as long as the recordings aren't copy-once. If your recordings are flagged copy once you cannot open it in any editing program.
That's great to hear! Is it able to delete commercials in the middle of the file or just junk at the beginning and end of the file? Is VideoReDo the only thing that is capable of doing this? Why is it able to do this?

Which version of VideoReDo should I get? or is there a free application that will do the same thing?
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakosnik View Post
That's great to hear! Is it able to delete commercials in the middle of the file or just junk at the beginning and end of the file? Is VideoReDo the only thing that is capable of doing this? Why is it able to do this?

Which version of VideoReDo should I get? or is there a free application that will do the same thing?
You can do frame accurate cuts anywhere in the video. It can also do automatic commercial detection and removal but I don't trust it to be accurate. If I have to check I may as well just do the cuts manually.
I have the TVSuite H264 version. It is a bit spendy but I have not found any other editing program that works as well for less.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page