*Official* Nvidia Shield Console - HTPC discussion - Page 146 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 652Likes

post #4351 of 4394 Old 09-26-2017, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1509 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardz View Post
Thanks for the reply! I do not use my Shield for any live tv. Just use it for KODI or I have been using Terrarium TV lately for mainly watching movies and some tv shows. I was thinking that the drive might be shot. Good thing when I purchased this, I also purchased the 2-year replacement plan from Best Buy. 'll have to bring it to them and have them check it out.
Good call on the 2-year replacement. I would factory reset it again and only update the built in apps and just run it for a little while. Then slowly add App by App and test to see if anything sticks out as slowing it down. Actually after the factory reset run it for a bit and pay attention to the recommendations feed. I preordered the Pro and received one of the very early units that had harddrive issues right out of the box. The tell tale issue was a pixelated Recommendations feed which was then followed but sluggishness and freezing.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple TV, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
UN55KS9000, Denon x4200w, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, HTPC,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4352 of 4394 Old 09-26-2017, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Good call on the 2-year replacement. I would factory reset it again and only update the built in apps and just run it for a little while. Then slowly add App by App and test to see if anything sticks out as slowing it down. Actually after the factory reset run it for a bit and pay attention to the recommendations feed. I preordered the Pro and received one of the very early units that had harddrive issues right out of the box. The tell tale issue was a pixelated Recommendations feed which was then followed but sluggishness and freezing.
After I did the factory reset, the recommendations do not even load.Comes up no recommendations found. I reset it twice already. I did not even install Kodi or Terrarium TV the second time. Does it with the Google Play Store app, Youtube, pretty much with all the built-in apps.

SonyXBR75X940D #1 RIP due to power surge!
#2 940D is a dead! Bad panel! Screwed over by extended warranty company!
Next Z9D or A1E???
BDI Corridor 8179
Sony PS4 Pro
Nvidia Shield (2015)
post #4353 of 4394 Old 09-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardz View Post
After I did the factory reset, the recommendations do not even load.Comes up no recommendations found. I reset it twice already. I did not even install Kodi or Terrarium TV the second time. Does it with the Google Play Store app, Youtube, pretty much with all the built-in apps.
Check to ensure you are logged in with your google account, plus there may be some Google Play Services that require an update for base apps to work.

I had a similar issue with this a few weeks ago regarding the Live TV app and Plex. There was a bug in Plex which forced videos to transcode, even though Plex was set to Direct Play. I downgraded to an earlier version, and Direct Play worked. I also turned off Auto Update on the Shield. A few weeks ago I turned Auto Update back on, and some apps began to update. A newer version of the Live TV app was installed which killed my ability to watch Live TV. The HD HomeRun View App worked fine, but I primarily use the Live TV App. I had to downgrade this app to a version released back in august. This also killed my DVR service as well, so I had to format the external drive I have attached to the Shield, plus restore some of the apps and services that were set to install on this drive.
brickyardz likes this.

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500

post #4354 of 4394 Old 09-26-2017, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1509 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
Check to ensure you are logged in with your google account, plus there may be some Google Play Services that require an update for base apps to work.

I had a similar issue with this a few weeks ago regarding the Live TV app and Plex. There was a bug in Plex which forced videos to transcode, even though Plex was set to Direct Play. I downgraded to an earlier version, and Direct Play worked. I also turned off Auto Update on the Shield. A few weeks ago I turned Auto Update back on, and some apps began to update. A newer version of the Live TV app was installed which killed my ability to watch Live TV. The HD HomeRun View App worked fine, but I primarily use the Live TV App. I had to downgrade this app to a version released back in august. This also killed my DVR service as well, so I had to format the external drive I have attached to the Shield, plus restore some of the apps and services that were set to install on this drive.
Yup that is the exact update that killed mine too.

LG OLED 65C7P, Denon AVR-X7200WA, Apple TV, Oppo UDP-203, PS4, Xbox One
Nvidia Sheild Pro, HTPC, (2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (4)RS-52IIs,, (1)RP-450CA,
(4) RP-140SA, SVS PB12-Plus, Emotiva XPA-100, XPA-200, Emotiva A-700
UN55KS9000, Denon x4200w, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, HTPC,
Nvidia Shield, Klipsch G-42,(2) R-3650-W-II,(4) RSL-C34E, SVS SB-1000, UPA-200
post #4355 of 4394 Old 09-26-2017, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 649
DVR - Current State of Affairs

My TiVo appears to be going South and I'm looking around to replace it... I have used HDHomeRuns in the past (WMC & DVBLink) so I'm good there. I'll need either two Connects or Extends (or a combo).

I refuse to pay an annual fee for guide data as I just as soon purchase another TiVo with Lifetime ($399 worse case). I also refuse to pay much more than what a TiVo replacement costs as I'm more than happy with it. Two issues in a dozen years with various models.

This being the case if I can natively use the Shield to schedule "season passes" with four tuners I might bite. I would need to view recordings while they are still recording and come to think it I would lose Skip Mode... that in itself might be a deal breaker.

Anyway can/does the Shield work as a usable DVR with guide data via Android TV or does something else need to be thrown in. If so, I'd lean more towards Plex Media Server DVR running on my ODROID (if it's powerful enough).

| 120" Screen | 1080p Projector | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 & AudioSource AMP110 | Sony UBP-X800 | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 Server via Kodi/Plex Media Server : LG 65EG9600 OLED TV | TiVo | Roku Premiere+ | Blu-ray Movies for Sale | Digital HD Codes for Sale |

Last edited by Charles R; 09-26-2017 at 08:48 PM.
post #4356 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

My TiVo appears to be going South and I'm looking around to replace it... I have used HDHomeRuns in the past (WMC & DVBLink) so I'm good there. I'll need either two Connects or Extends (or a combo).

I refuse to pay an annual fee for guide data as I just as soon purchase another TiVo with Lifetime ($399 worse case). I also refuse to pay much more than what a TiVo replacement costs as I'm more than happy with it. Two issues in a dozen years with various models.

This being the case if I can natively use the Shield to schedule "season passes" with four tuners I might bite. I would need to view recordings while they are still recording and come to think it I would lose Skip Mode... that in itself might be a deal breaker.

Anyway can/does the Shield work as a usable DVR with guide data via Android TV or does something else need to be thrown in. If so, I'd lean more towards Plex Media Server DVR running on my ODROID (if it's powerful enough).
I use the Shield as a DVR exclusively. I have a 2TB Western Digital Drive physically attached to the Shield now. For me the Channel Guide, a basic grid layout, is much better to use compared to how Plex's lay out, which is more Icon based. I'm using an HD HomeRun Connect Network tuner. The Shield will find multiple tuners on the network and configure them for you but I only have experience with 2 tuners so far.

There appears to be no ability to record to a NAS like Plex, and there's no way to share the content to other devices, unless you use a network DVR System such as Plex or Kodi Based Live TV Applications. I don't have any experience with Tablo, nor understand how that entirely works.

I can pause, fast-forward, and rewind recordings, and similar to a Tivo while watching Live TV, I can pause, and rewind, and shifted back enough from pausing, I can fast-forward.

Just a warning: Look for the August Build of the Live TV app, for the latest build bricked the Live TV Experience as a whole. You will see a "Low Signal" error appear on your TV as you're advancing through channels, knowing that you have strong signals by the use of the HD HomeRun View App on the Shield, Windows PC, or Mobile device.

This app is still apparently in "Beta" but it's been over 6 months, so I really don't know the fate of this feature. I'm waiting for next week's Event where Google will release of the Pixel 2 Phones to see if anything other than the Phones will be discussed. Hopefully Android TV's new interface through Orea, HDR for Youtube, and Live TV will be discussed.
Natrix1973 likes this.

Sony XBR55X900E
post #4357 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I was wondering why I was having that signal message lately in Live Channels app, thanks. I will have to see if I can find the older version.
post #4358 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrix1973 View Post
I was wondering why I was having that signal message lately in Live Channels app, thanks. I will have to see if I can find the older version.
I believe it was apkpure.com where I found an older version of the Live TV App.

Sony XBR55X900E
post #4359 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1723 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
One snag, Silicondust charges an annual fee for using the DVR, for guide data.
post #4360 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post
One snag, Silicondust charges an annual fee for using the DVR, for guide data.
I thought there was a version (native Android TV?) that didn't rely on them? I used the same provider with DVBLink and it was great but I just can't see paying... Plex doesn't charge for guide data assuming you have a Plex Pass? I like to keep my DVRing isolated so a dedicated Shield could be close since it could play both parts... client and server.

Although cost wise nothing is close to going with another TiVo with Lifetime. I might be willing to pay a little more just for something different... as long as I don't shoot myself in the foot. Noticed today Fry's only has the Pro in stock.

| 120" Screen | 1080p Projector | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 & AudioSource AMP110 | Sony UBP-X800 | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 Server via Kodi/Plex Media Server : LG 65EG9600 OLED TV | TiVo | Roku Premiere+ | Blu-ray Movies for Sale | Digital HD Codes for Sale |
post #4361 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1723 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
I thought there was a version (native Android TV?) that didn't rely on them? I used the same provider with DVBLink and it was great but I just can't see paying... Plex doesn't charge for guide data assuming you have a Plex Pass? I like to keep my DVRing isolated so a dedicated Shield could be close since it could play both parts... client and server.

Although cost wise nothing is close to going with another TiVo with Lifetime. I might be willing to pay a little more just for something different... as long as I don't shoot myself in the foot. Noticed today Fry's only has the Pro in stock.
I could be wrong, very wrong, since I haven't had my HDHRs set up in 3 months (working on it!!!) but I thought you needed HDHR working for Live TV to work? Have they done something recently I'm not aware of? That would be pretty cool if they have, because I will not have any encrypted channels here, no cable is available here so I'll be only on my Extend and a roof mounted antenna.
post #4362 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Liked: 646
You can use LiveTV app as a DVR without the SiliconDust subscription. The guide is limited to just a few days.

post #4363 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
You can use LiveTV app as a DVR without the SiliconDust subscription. The guide is limited to just a few days.
Can you schedule series recordings, view while recording and all of the other "typical" DVR functions?

post #4364 of 4394 Old 09-27-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Can you schedule series recordings, view while recording and all of the other "typical" DVR functions?
It's not a typical DVR, but it is free to try. I hardly watch live or DVR TV anymore so I can't tell you all the details. It does have series recording.

post #4365 of 4394 Old 09-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 55
SHIELD Experience Upgrade 6.0 for SHIELD TV

https://shield.nvidia.com/support/nv...elease-notes/1
post #4366 of 4394 Old 09-28-2017, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr b View Post
SHIELD Experience Upgrade 6.0 for SHIELD TV

https://shield.nvidia.com/support/nv...elease-notes/1
Pretty boring unless you use voice control.

My Shield is in my basement rack so no voice control for me until the add-on is available (and I decide to buy it).

post #4367 of 4394 Old 09-28-2017, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Agreed, I was looking forward to some form of auto resolution switching.

Gotta give them credit for continuing the update rollouts though.
post #4368 of 4394 Old 09-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Question for you guys regarding Resolution adjustments. Other than Plex and Kodi/SPMC are there any other Apps on the Shield that allow for this? I've been lurking in the Apple TV 4k threads and Auto Resolution seems to be a big topic in there. I don't have a major problem with this but I know for a fact that I manually configured Plex and Kodi to make adjustments prior to streaming a film.
post #4369 of 4394 Old 09-29-2017, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 216
For those looking to get into home control on the cheap:
Samsung is direct pre-ordering its Smartthings Link usb Shield addon for only $15 !
https://shop.smartthings.com/smartthings-link

This may only be a preorder promo price for their direct site, the Amazon preorder is still $40, so you might want to jump on it.
$15 to turn your Shield into a Smarththings hub should be just about a no brainer for most people, if you haven't jumped in on home control yet. Now you can tell the Shield to set the mood lights before watching Netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
Pretty boring unless you use voice control.

My Shield is in my basement rack so no voice control for me until the add-on is available (and I decide to buy it).
I do agree that the voice control is almost useless until they release the Nvidia Spot devices that you can put in multiple rooms and is always listening. Having to hit the voice button on the remote (I have the 2015 ShieldTV), then talk, makes it seem far less useful than just saying okay google any time like with a Google Home. My friend has a Google Home and she will yell at it from the kitchen while cooking while it sits in the living room, can't do that with the Shield as long as you need the remote in your hand (I know the 2017 Gamepad is supposed to have always on listening, but still, I don't think it listens well across the room and you aren't going to carry it into the kitchen or other rooms).
It seems Nvidia is not saying a word about the Spot devices right now, you'd think they'd mention it with this release as they do mention the Smarthings Link. Currently the $180 Shield TV with remote but no controller is set to ship Oct 18th. But its the newer controller that is able to have always on listening. So I'm wondering if they are waiting to drop the Spot devices with that, maybe even have bundle prices (I actually got my remote in a bundle for the 2015 version, the bundle was $200, making the $50 remote essentially free)
sikclown likes this.
post #4370 of 4394 Old 10-01-2017, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just purchased this alongside an oppo 203 and LG 75sj8570. Was fighting a lot of color issues with it until I found the hdmi settings within the shield itself. I manually set it to 4:4:4 8 bit and noticed a huge improvement in colors, obviously with the compromise of losing hdr. Has anyone else ran into this issue? Perhaps it's an issue with my TV not displaying 4:2:2 properly. The shield is plugged into the hdmi input of the oppo. I tried setting everything including the oppo to 4:2:2 and the colors were still off.

You can see the obvious differences in the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170930_124153.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	737.4 KB
ID:	2291142   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170930_124044.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	803.2 KB
ID:	2291144  
post #4371 of 4394 Old 10-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Beagley View Post
I just purchased this alongside an oppo 203 and LG 75sj8570. Was fighting a lot of color issues with it until I found the hdmi settings within the shield itself. I manually set it to 4:4:4 8 bit and noticed a huge improvement in colors, obviously with the compromise of losing hdr. Has anyone else ran into this issue? Perhaps it's an issue with my TV not displaying 4:2:2 properly. The shield is plugged into the hdmi input of the oppo. I tried setting everything including the oppo to 4:2:2 and the colors were still off.

You can see the obvious differences in the attachments.
Be sure that all devices are set to the same color gamut. Not just the Shield. Also make sure you reduce the amount of white contrast clipping from the Shield by making adjustments between both your display and Oppo.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Sony XBR55X900E
post #4372 of 4394 Old 10-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Beagley View Post
Was fighting a lot of color issues with it until I found the hdmi settings within the shield itself. I manually set it to 4:4:4 8 bit and noticed a huge improvement in colors, obviously with the compromise of losing hdr. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
In conjunction with my LG OLED, I see somewhat minor color matrix issues for BT.709 content for Shield YCbCr output modes (RGB is OK). It's easy to see with bars (and varies depending on Shield color space), but more subtle on program. Someone on the Kodi forum reported chroma clipping in the most recent build, which I confirmed in at least one case (BT.709 clipping pattern served by PLEX).

Color desaturation on BT.709 > BT.2020 conversion is more noticeable. I usually do a manual force to RGB except when watching BT.2020 HDR or native 10-bit.

Fortunately, the new build seems to have resolved the luma resolution roll-off with 4K YCbCr modes. 4K BT.2020 HDR content looks good so far, although admittedly I have just had time to check a few test patterns.

When I have some free time, I'll connect through the 203 and see what happens.
STAIN0 likes this.

Chase Walton
Technical Editor
PMI, Ltd. / MSR, Inc.

Home Theater Design and Calibration Insider

My comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of PMI, Ltd. or MSR, Inc.

Last edited by home_theatre_man; 10-01-2017 at 10:30 AM.
post #4373 of 4394 Old 10-03-2017, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by home_theatre_man View Post
In conjunction with my LG OLED, I see somewhat minor color matrix issues for BT.709 content for Shield YCbCr output modes (RGB is OK). It's easy to see with bars (and varies depending on Shield color space), but more subtle on program. Someone on the Kodi forum reported chroma clipping in the most recent build, which I confirmed in at least one case (BT.709 clipping pattern served by PLEX).

Color desaturation on BT.709 > BT.2020 conversion is more noticeable. I usually do a manual force to RGB except when watching BT.2020 HDR or native 10-bit.

Fortunately, the new build seems to have resolved the luma resolution roll-off with 4K YCbCr modes. 4K BT.2020 HDR content looks good so far, although admittedly I have just had time to check a few test patterns.

When I have some free time, I'll connect through the 203 and see what happens.
Would love to know what you discover. For now I've left it on 4:4:4 8bit as the color overall is better than leaving it on 4:2:2 and bt2020 running HDR. Which doesn't seem right. Will try again to change all devices back to 4:2:2 and check to ensure the color gamut is right. Then I'll roll through another calibration and hope for the best. Blu-rays and 4k discs look great though, so I'm not sure its an issue with my TV or the Oppo.

LG 75SJ8570
Oppo 203
Onkyo TX-NR1030 (main) | Onkyo TX-NR646 (bedroom with Klipsch Quintets)
Klipsch RF-82s, RC-62, RW-12D, RM-15s
Nvidia Shield
post #4374 of 4394 Old 10-04-2017, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Hey, Guys ('n Gals!!???)

What is the setting for USB Sound for in the Shield?

Is it something that can be used, perhaps with an external DAC and the right software (and maybe an OTG cable) to play hi-res flac (and maybe even hi-res surround flac) files)??

If so, has anyone done it, and how? And is it for the two main usb ports, or just the micro usb port?
post #4375 of 4394 Old 10-05-2017, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by home_theatre_man View Post

I have to do the same. In 1080p, RGB looks way sharper than all YCbCr modes for some reason
post #4376 of 4394 Old 10-08-2017, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Been using the Shield for a while now with Epson TW9300 and HDFury Linker to get the most out of the 10Gbit HDMI restriction of the projector. Apart from resolution/color space changing is a pain in the ass it's working pretty good. But is there any way of getting 4:4:4 BT2020 HDR when set to 4k23.976Hz output? This should be supported imo. For normal HD content 4:4:4 8b Rec709 looks great so it would be nice to get the full color resolution for UHD. It's great that the latest update at least gave us really good flexibility with the HDMI settings menu. It also seems like they've fixed the output of some of the color modes. But it's still not perfect

Room | Designed by Ingvar Öhman, built by me |
Sound | Front: Ino Audio i32s, Center: Ino Audio i16s, Surrounds: 6 x Ino a1 (in the future also 6 x Ino a2) Subs: 4 x L26ROY |
Picture | Epson TW9300, 2,35:1 DIY AT screen + 1,78:1 pulldown |
Electronics | Arcam AVR390, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Behringer Ep4000(fan modded), miniDSP 2x4 balanced, Panasonic UB700 |
post #4377 of 4394 Old 10-08-2017, 03:26 AM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.exe View Post
I have to do the same. In 1080p, RGB looks way sharper than all YCbCr modes for some reason
Yes, but now it seems that they have changed the black level output of the RGB mode to video level black levels. I think they've actually sort of fixed 4:4:4 Rec 709 with the latest update because it's looking pretty good. But BT2020 is not good yet. Can't get 4:4:4 @ 24Hz.

Room | Designed by Ingvar Öhman, built by me |
Sound | Front: Ino Audio i32s, Center: Ino Audio i16s, Surrounds: 6 x Ino a1 (in the future also 6 x Ino a2) Subs: 4 x L26ROY |
Picture | Epson TW9300, 2,35:1 DIY AT screen + 1,78:1 pulldown |
Electronics | Arcam AVR390, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Behringer Ep4000(fan modded), miniDSP 2x4 balanced, Panasonic UB700 |
post #4378 of 4394 Old 10-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Is it possible to get 4K resolution without HDR? I would like to keep 4K but not the HDR because of my projector.
post #4379 of 4394 Old 10-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
Is it possible to get 4K resolution without HDR? I would like to keep 4K but not the HDR because of my projector.
I think that might depend in your viewing device. I know my display and Shield cannot output Dolby Vision, so it will only play hdr10 where applicable.

On my display and Oppo 203 I can turn off HDR all together.

Sony XBR55X900E
post #4380 of 4394 Old 10-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
I think that might depend in your viewing device. I know my display and Shield cannot output Dolby Vision, so it will only play hdr10 where applicable.

On my display and Oppo 203 I can turn off HDR all together.

My shield is running through a Denon 43000 to a JVC RS420. On my Roku I could select 1080P, 4K, or 4K HDR. Was hoping the Shield had an option like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page