DVI to HDMI no longer working. Help! - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
DVI to HDMI no longer working. Help!

Hello,
I purchased a DVI to HDMI adapter about 3 weeks ago to hook my computer up to my TV (My graphics card only has a mini HDMI port and that ended up breaking). It worked perfectly up until today. I had a bit of a malware problem so I downloaded a program to get rid of it (Malwarebytes). Got rid of everything and my computer needed a restart. Once it restarted my TV was no longer detected by my computer. So I hooked up my monitor and tried troubleshooting.

I've done alot of things to try and fix it. Going to display settings and clicking detect only brings up an "Another display not detected" error. I've tried uninstalling to drivers and restarting the computer with only the TV pluged in to my computer. That works and the computer starts up and it begins reinstalling the drivers, computer restarts and it gets to the "starting windows" screen and then nothing again. There is nothing wrong with the cables or connection, Iv'e tried connecting to another HDMI port on the TV and same issue (Same with trying the other DVI port on computer). It was working one minute and then now it wont. Any help would be appreciated!

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dvi , hdmi