Need help re custom resolution for Barco RPTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-03-2003, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just finished assembling my HTPC - Holo3D in, ATI 9700 PRO with MP mod out.
Projector is a Barco Retrographics 808s
I also have a Sony GDM-W900 monitor connected to the DVI output of the Radeon card, using the VGA adapter. The projector is the primary display (so he get's the overlay) and the Sony monitor is duplicated - like that I can use the HTPC for other things without having to turn on the projector.

I currently have the resolution set to 1024 x 768 60Hz

Now I would like to set the best possible resolution and would appreciate any help I can get. I just installed PowerStrip.

Someone told me in another thread to find the 'sweetspot for my projector' I should start with 720p and increase in small increments (8 lines) until I don't see any more scan lines. Looking directly in the tubes (which I can), having contrast & brightness turned all the way down and displaying an all-white test pattern. I kind of understand this but I have a few questions (and some possible will make me look stupid)

How do I set 720p?
What kind of Hz should I set?
When I open the Advanced Timing Options in PS I literally get cold feet - in other words, I have no idea where to start - is there somewhere a guide "Custom Resolutions for Dummies"?
If someone can give me kind of 'step by step' instructions what to do I may consider giving up my first born ...

Also, do I need different resolutions or settings if I want to watch regular TV (4x3) then when I want to watch a DVD? (My RPTV is 4x3 in size)

Thanks for any help!

Here are some specs from the Barco
Display compatibility from VHS Video up to 1600 by 1200 pixel workstations
Horizontal autolock scan frequency of 15-110 kHz
Vertical scan frequency of 37-200 Hz
RGB bandwidth of 120 MHz
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page