new tool - Netflix Remote Controller - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #331 of 341 Old 06-12-2017, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholgate View Post
Yes, you'll probably need to use something like "advanced mce remote mapper tool" to remap those buttons
Thanks - used Advanced MCE Remote Mapper tool to remap MCE keys to keyboard shortcuts (Play to Space etc.) that Netflix Remote Controller likes - and all good. (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D mapped to Info/More is useful too, if you want to see resolution and frame rate of source stream...)

Link here : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...283#pid1415283

Some discussion about it not being 64-bit friendly - but it worked fine on my Win 10 Pro 64bit install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 341 Old 07-15-2017, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
keyboard events

Hi I want mapping my ir Remote to a keyboard message but nothing do work what I do.

I had tasted a sendmessage()/postmassage() with WM_KEYDOWN/UP WM_SYSKEYDOWN/UP to NetflixRemoteController and the windows of Netflix but nothing like that is working. No mouse is moving or something. My last what I had do is send keys with keybd_event but is not working too.

Wenn I test it whit KeyPose is every time the right key showed. What I must do that NetflixRemoteController understand that is sent a keyboard event.
post #333 of 341 Old 08-15-2017, 01:05 AM

Hi,

I have problem with the back press , when I press it is working but the red dot change only the position in the screen and the episode that I on it don't exit to the main screen to choose other episode , why ?

and when you in the play movie / series why when I press back it isn't get back to the series main episode or the main screen , it only change the red position to the left high corner

Thanks

post #334 of 341 Old 08-20-2017, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 View Post
Thanks - used Advanced MCE Remote Mapper tool to remap MCE keys to keyboard shortcuts (Play to Space etc.) that Netflix Remote Controller likes - and all good. (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D mapped to Info/More is useful too, if you want to see resolution and frame rate of source stream...)
Hi,

this interesting shortcut is not reported on your documentation, maybe there is an alternative keys combination to obtain the same info? (I use iMon and only "three keys shortcuts" are allowed).
Furthermore, I have some request/suggestions for you:

I can see that the majority of the contents on Netflix is 23.976fps (it's showed as 23 on PC Video Cards) but your shortcut allow for 24fps only, that is a very rare frame rate in streaming world. Please, could you modify your 24fps shortcut or add a new choice?

At this time, there is no way to access to the Categories menu or the Search tab because these fields are in a not reachable area of the Main page. This is a major issue that limits in a strong way the fruibility of the entire application.

Thanks for your help and for your great tool!
post #335 of 341 Old 09-26-2017, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a Logitech Harmony Hub remote driving an Intel NUC with built in IR Receiver. Its set to emulate an "Intel Media Centre remote" and works as an MCE remote for Media Center (When I used to use it) etc. I'm using it with NextPVR now mainly and Plex OpenPHT. I've setup the latest Netflix app and downloaded the latest Netflix Remote Controller. I can launch Netflix (I've mapped the Red button to the keypress CTRL-ALT-Q), I can use the direction buttons and the ok button to select what to play and stop works. The problem is the remote won't do Play / Pause during playback. I've tried MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE, I downloaded ShowKey.exe and pushed play and pause and they come up as

WM_APPCOMMAND 46
WM_APPCOMMAND 47

Can these be mapped in HOTKEY.INI or am I going to have to change the mapping of the play / pause buttons and then see if everything else I use still works??

Got to say its amazing that netflix don't natively support MCE Remotes and media Keys in the app.
post #336 of 341 Old 09-26-2017, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusNZ View Post
I have a Logitech Harmony Hub remote driving an Intel NUC with built in IR Receiver.
I'm in the same situation (NUC with a Harmony Hub) and this app has been great. But, I've never been able to get pause / skip / fast forward etc to work.

The neverending Netflix prompt "Find something to download" that seems to display every single time just got too annoying. I bought a new Apple TV at the weekend and will be using that for Netflix from now on. The Netflix UI on the Apple TV is significantly better than the Win 10 app. And all controls work as expected.
post #337 of 341 Old 09-30-2017, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Up/Down/Right/Left sent from EventGhost not working

Hi,
I use EventGhost to process all keys from a MCE remote via an MCE USB receiver into Kodi, MPC-HT & Netflix on a Windows 10 HTPC.
I start Netflix using NetflixRemoteController from Kodi, that all seems to work fine.
EventGhost is setup to intercept all keys from the MCE remote and the logs show that is happening.
All keys are transmitted from EventGhost ot NetflixRemoteController & NetflixRemoteController works fine except for the Up/Down/Right/Left keys - why?

I've tried
- mapping them to Ctl-Shift-Alt Up etc but still can't get NetflixRemoteController to recognize Up/Down/Right/Left
- using the alternative method in EventGhost for sending keys

Any ideas what's going on?
What method is used to receive keys in NetflixRemoteController?

Regards,

Neeto33
post #338 of 341 Old 10-03-2017, 11:19 AM

Hi, is it possible to specify the resolution+dpi that the program uses? I have a 4K TV hooked to my HTPC, and I often switch resolutions without relogging/rebooting. When starting this program in 4K everything is fine, however when I then switch to 1080p, the fullscreen doesnt work properly. It shows the netflix app in fullscreen (the same style as if you press Shift+Win+Enter), but the whole window is slightly too large, so that ~100 pixels on each side get cut off. I think the app doesnt properly detect the resolution change, so if it were possible to specify this via startup parameter I think it would fix the issue.
As a workaround I am using AutoHotKey to automatically press Shift+Win+Enter when netflix is launched, however, when I go back from content viewing to the overview/selection screen, the app goes back to a windowed mode and isnt fullscreen anymore. :/
post #339 of 341 Old 10-04-2017, 03:06 PM

Nevermind, I found a very nicely working workaround using autohotkey:
loop {
IfWinExist, Netflix
{
WinActivate, Netflix
Send #+{enter}
}
sleep, 500
}
post #340 of 341 Old 10-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeto33 View Post
Hi,
I use EventGhost to process all keys from a MCE remote via an MCE USB receiver into Kodi, MPC-HT & Netflix on a Windows 10 HTPC.
I start Netflix using NetflixRemoteController from Kodi, that all seems to work fine.
EventGhost is setup to intercept all keys from the MCE remote and the logs show that is happening.
All keys are transmitted from EventGhost ot NetflixRemoteController & NetflixRemoteController works fine except for the Up/Down/Right/Left keys - why?

I've tried
- mapping them to Ctl-Shift-Alt Up etc but still can't get NetflixRemoteController to recognize Up/Down/Right/Left
- using the alternative method in EventGhost for sending keys

Any ideas what's going on?
What method is used to receive keys in NetflixRemoteController?
I've experienced the same. Since you are using EventGhost, you could add an exclusive mode where arrow buttons on the remote send simple letters. I've found those work.
For instance, if in hotkeys.ini I write:

[Hotkeys]
Up=o
Down=c

O and C do what they're supposed to do, even when emulated through EventGhost. Leading ShowKey.exe to display, for C:
67 (0x43) - VK_C
<c>Notification(Key, c, 3)</c>

I hope this can help. I've now to create a whole set of commands for this, but at least it should work correctly with EventGhost.

Edit: clearly it's better to use a combination like CTRL+SHIFT+letter, to avoid losing the capability to search.

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k

Last edited by gorman42; 10-09-2017 at 06:20 AM.
post #341 of 341 Old 10-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 51
To the author of the program, first of all thank you.

I've discovered that when using the shortcuts to change refresh rate, the Windows taskbar becomes visible once more. If you select fullscreen from Netflix playback menu (the one with the play/pause symbols), it disappears once more. BUT. Once you stop playback, the main app is not fullscreen anymore.
I hope my explanation is clear, in case it isn't feel free to ask for more details.
Thanks again.

Edit: considering that by using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+D you get information on the framerate of the video currently played, I'm wondering if, internally, your program could handle the refresh rate automatically. Maybe there are no APIs to get that info, I really don't know.

Edit2: I have a 60" screen, I watch from about 10'. I usually setup Win10 at 125% size. With this setting the "red dot" is not always correctly centered. Is there something I can do to ensure it's correct? Using the backspace key to access the menu and back doesn't always do the trick.

I hope the program is still actively developed.

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k

Last edited by gorman42; 10-09-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
app , control , htpc , Netflix , remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page