new tool - Netflix Remote Controller - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 341 Old 10-11-2015, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch8s View Post
the new version shows 1920x1080 for method2
To confirm, are you saying that "Resolution" reports "1366x768" whilst the line just under it ("Resolution method2") reports "1920x1080"? or are you saying that both "Resolution" and "Resolution method2" are now reporting 1920x1080?
mholgate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 341 Old 10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
jmone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Checked with another MC user and no white lines for them... All works
jmone is offline  
post #63 of 341 Old 10-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
will download and test this out, nice work!
thomo123 is offline  
 
post #64 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Script source

Any chance of being able to get the script source for this version? As with the previous version, the compiled script won't start the Netflix app on my system. On that version I had to edit the start command to work on my configuration and then all was fine. Thanks
davelr is offline  
post #65 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post
Any chance of being able to get the script source for this version? As with the previous version, the compiled script won't start the Netflix app on my system. On that version I had to edit the start command to work on my configuration and then all was fine. Thanks
This tool is not yet open source to simplify installation for most users, and to improve compatibility fixes in future updates.

The chances are there are other users out there have the same issues you're experiencing. Therefore I'd like to hear them, and consequently resolve the problem for you (and others).
I believe it's too early to fork and if I open-source the script at this early stage, the same thing may happen as before; little feedback from advanced users who can resolve their issue themselves - and I'd never hear about the issue/solution.

The more issues I hear about the better the product can become, so I suggest you post your issue below & include:
  • NetflixRemoteController version number (e.g. 0.10)
  • Netflix version - use NetflixVersionChecker to get this - http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixVersionChecker/
  • Windows version
  • display resolution
  • remote
  • confirm that the info (e.g. the resolution) displayed in NetflixVersionChecker is correct (i.e. being detected correctly) as it uses similar detection methods
  • ...and in your case, the start command solution that is known to work for you.
jhughy2010 likes this.
mholgate is offline  
post #66 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Well, rats, I just got the email about your reply just after I'd scrubbed my HTPC system back to a Win 7 image. I'd been wrestling with Kodi and Win 10 for a few months and just got fed up with dealing with the video resolution detection problems. I'll probably try again after a while, but for the time being I can't retest your script. I will however answer your questions to the best of my recollection:


Netflix remote controller version - whatever version you were downloading yesterday
Netflix version - 5.1.4 (I think, was also downloaded yesterday
Windows version - 10 (at whatever version Microsoft so transparently recently pushed)
Display resolution - 1080p
Remote - Harmony, but not relevant to the problem. Even initiating the script executable from the desktop resulted in the problem
I do think that the Netflix version detection script did id the resolution as 1080, but can't test.


Start command that previously worked:
run, shell:AppsFolder\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_mcm4njqhnhss8!Ap p


(note: not sure why, but the forum software is displaying a space between the 2 p's in the above line. The editor shows no space and there shouldn't be one)


The symptom that I would get from the new executable (when initiated with a double click off of the desktop) was that the script would start (shown as running in backgroud process stack) but the Netflix app itself did not start (at least there was no indication that it tried). Manually starting the Netflix app itself would result in it firing up but of course with the white title bar visible.


Thanks for all your work on the script. Look forward to using it when I try the upgrade again.
davelr is offline  
post #67 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post
Well, rats, I just got the email about your reply just after I'd scrubbed my HTPC system back to a Win 7 image. I'd been wrestling with Kodi and Win 10 for a few months and just got fed up with dealing with the video resolution detection problems. I'll probably try again after a while, but for the time being I can't retest your script. I will however answer your questions to the best of my recollection:


Netflix remote controller version - whatever version you were downloading yesterday
Netflix version - 5.1.4 (I think, was also downloaded yesterday
Windows version - 10 (at whatever version Microsoft so transparently recently pushed)
Display resolution - 1080p
Remote - Harmony, but not relevant to the problem. Even initiating the script executable from the desktop resulted in the problem
I do think that the Netflix version detection script did id the resolution as 1080, but can't test.


Start command that previously worked:
run, shell:AppsFolder\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_mcm4njqhnhss8!Ap p


(note: not sure why, but the forum software is displaying a space between the 2 p's in the above line. The editor shows no space and there shouldn't be one)


The symptom that I would get from the new executable (when initiated with a double click off of the desktop) was that the script would start (shown as running in background process stack) but the Netflix app itself did not start (at least there was no indication that it tried). Manually starting the Netflix app itself would result in it firing up but of course with the white title bar visible.


Thanks for all your work on the script. Look forward to using it when I try the upgrade again.
Thanks for the info.

Code:
explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\4DF9E0F8.Netflix_mcm4njqhnhss8!App
was being used previously, but perhaps removing the "explorer.exe" part makes all the difference.
Also, rather than downgrading to Win7 you may want to consider Windows 8.1... Windows 8.1 has access to the Windows Store (which means you can install the Netflix app), as well as two main benefits over Windows 10's Netflix app: a problem-free fullscreen mode, and "larger" mode as described here: http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRem.../#requirements
mholgate is offline  
post #68 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post
The symptom that I would get from the new executable (when initiated with a double click off of the desktop) was that the script would start (shown as running in backgroud process stack) but the Netflix app itself did not start (at least there was no indication that it tried). Manually starting the Netflix app itself would result in it firing up but of course with the white title bar visible.
Just to confirm, when you say you double-clicked to start executable, do you mean you double clicked a shortcut?
The script will only start Netflix if you start the script with the "netflixstart" parameter. Is this what you meant?
more info on parameters here: http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRem...ler/#arguments

Last edited by mholgate; 10-14-2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added info link
mholgate is offline  
post #69 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Thanks for the suggestion about 8.1, unfortunately my HTPC is only licensed for 7 and I'm not sure I want to pay for the upgrade to 8.1. I do have the Netflix app installed on a Surface running 8.1 and you're correct it's a definite advantage over the latest 10 version. Does anyone have any idea why they'd kill the full screen option? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.


Anyway,


Quote:
Originally Posted by mholgate View Post
Just to confirm, when you say you double-clicked to start executable, do you mean you double clicked a shortcut?
The script will only start Netflix if you start the script with the "netflixstart" parameter. Is this what you meant?
more info on parameters here: http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRem...ler/#arguments
Umm, yes I meant double clicked a shortcut. Did not realize that a parameter had to be included to start the Netflix app. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the earlier version (prior to loosing the full screen icon) didn't require that, right? At least if memory serves when I created a menu button to start it in Kodi I didn't include any parameters.


In any event, I just completed a full update to my Win 7 restore and have reimaged it. I don't have time this afternoon, but if it would help in the morning I can restore a Win 10 image, redownload all of your stuff and the Netflix app and try it again using the parameter. Let me know if you want me to do that.


Thanks again.


Ah, credit where it's due. I initially found your script on a JRiver forum thread created by Jmone. When I tried that version the Netflix app wouldn't start and I asked Jmone about it. I supplied the shortcut code from my 8.1 system and he modified the original script code for the start line that worked. Thanks to Jmone.

Last edited by davelr; 10-14-2015 at 11:40 AM.
davelr is offline  
post #70 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post
Umm, yes I meant double clicked a shortcut. Did not realize that a parameter had to be included to start the Netflix app. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the earlier version (prior to loosing the full screen icon) didn't require that, right? At least if memory serves when I created a menu button to start it in Kodi I didn't include any parameters.
It's always required the "netflixstart" parameter to start Netflix, but I'm considering making it start Netflix by default once netflix start-up issues have been resolved.
No need to revert back to Win10 just to test this.
mholgate is offline  
post #71 of 341 Old 10-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
davelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholgate View Post
It's always required the "netflixstart" parameter to start Netflix, but I'm considering making it start Netflix by default once netflix start-up issues have been resolved.
No need to revert back to Win10 just to test this.
Hmm, then maybe the fix that Jmone added is what started Netflix in my earlier version and my startup problem is a tempest in a teapot. My apologies.
davelr is offline  
post #72 of 341 Old 10-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Newbie
 
rpalmer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Firstly, thank you for this great script it's made life a lot more bearable (WAF)!

But I'm having an issue I'm hoping you can suggest a solution for.

I use Girder for all my automation and I have a handheld device I use as a "remote" (Netremote). The remote sends commands to girder and a LUA script running in girder takes those commands, determines what media application is currently running, and then sends the require keystrokes to that application.

I was testing for the Netflix.exe window in my script to determine if Netflix was running but some reason Netflix.exe keeps reloading after it's been used and sits there as a suspended stub of some sort. So girder thinks Netflix is running when it really isn't and sends my remote commands to Netflix even though I may in fact be using JRMC or another media app at the time at the time. So suddenly I lose control of the media app I'm trying to use.

So I then thought maybe I could test if NetflixRemoteController was running instead and only send Netflix commands if that was running, but the only way I can test if an app is running it to do a win.FindWindow LUA command, but NetflixRemteController doesn't seem to open or have a window handle when launched using the command line arguments (it does it I just double-click the exe as I then get an icon in the taskbar).

So I'm not sure what to do now... All I can think of is that maybe I need a command line option to expose a NetflixRemoteController window in the background that I can test for and then obviously close this window when the Ctrl-alt-q is issued to close Netfix, but maybe you have some other thoughts or ideas I can try?

I did think of testing for the NetflixRemoteController PID with win.FindProcessWindow but when I look at the PID of NetflixRemoteController in task manager it changes so I assume I can't use that either?


There is information about the girder windows LUA calls in the girder manual (page 301) but I can't post a link here yet But if you google "girder manual" it's easy to find if needed.

And here is an excerpt from the LUA script I'm using to remap the commands.


Code:
--if handle == nil then handle = win.FindWindow(nil,"NETFLIX")   
if handle == nil then handle = win.FindWindow(nil,"NetflixRemoteController")   
	if handle ~= nil then 
		print("*** Target: NETFLIX")
		
		if action == "PlayPause" 	then gir.SendKeys(nil, "<space>") end
		if action == "Stop"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "*@q") end
		if action == "Exit"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "<backspace>") end
		if action == "Up"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "<up>") end
		if action == "Down"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "<down>") end
		if action == "Left"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "<left>") end
		if action == "Right"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "<right>") end
		if action == "Enter"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "<enter>") end
		if action == "Fastforward"	then gir.SendKeys(nil, "@M") end
		if action == "Rewind"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "@N") end
		if action == "Next"		then gir.SendKeys(nil, "@X") end
		if action == "Previous"	then gir.SendKeys(nil, "@Z") end
	end
end
So I'm a bit stuck and needs some help from those wiser than I (of which there are many!).

If Netflix didn't launch this stub in the background there wouldn't be an issue, but on both my HPTC and desktop machine this suspended instance of Netflix.exe just appears and sits there!

Many thanks
Richard
rpalmer68 is offline  
post #73 of 341 Old 10-15-2015, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
updated to version 0.11

new version available from the website: http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/

Changes are mostly bug fixes:
  • 64-bit version is now the default download executable.
  • Netflix navigation improved - Left/Right/Up/Down should now navigate correctly through tiles when navigating back and forth through Netflix without 'jumping'.
  • Reduced chance of thick white line appearing at the top of screen when making Netflix full screen (Windows 10 only).
  • Puts Netflix into focus in the foreground when 'netflixstart' parameter is used.
  • Closing netflix should now fully close it. Should also reduce change of explorer error box appearing.
  • Fixed issue on some systems where Netflix didn't start correctly with "netflixstart" parameter.
  • No additional keystrokes sent after pressing STOP button when 'stopbuttonquits' parameter is used.
  • Detects current screen resolution correctly.
  • 'Alt-Win-W' will also Quit this utility (and Netflix, if 'netflixquit' parameter was used). i.e. same function as Ctrl-Alt-Q
  • Simplified refresh rate options - Reduced refreshrate options available with the "refreshratemode" parameter to just the following three options that Netflix seems to transmit: press '2' for 24 Hz, '5' for 50 Hz, '6' for 60 Hz
jhughy2010 likes this.
mholgate is offline  
post #74 of 341 Old 10-15-2015, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Girder script to detect and manipulate Netflix Remote Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalmer68 View Post
...the only way I can test if an app is running it to do a win.FindWindow LUA command, but NetflixRemoteController doesn't seem to open or have a window handle when launched using the command line arguments (it does it I just double-click the exe as I then get an icon in the taskbar).
...
Many thanks
Richard
This Girder code below works for me using "win.FindProcess", regardless of whether NetflixRemoteController is started with command-line parameters or not:
Code:
function IsNetflixremotecontrollerRunning ()
   processID = 0
   processID = win.FindProcess("netflixremotecontroller.exe")
   print("netflixremotecontroller processID = "..tostring(processID))
   if processID ~= nil then --if exists then
      print ("-  netflixremotecontroller is running  -")
      --gir.triggerEvent ("doSomethingInGirder-EnterMyOwnEventHere",18)
      return 1
   else
      print ("netflixremotecontroller not running")
      return 0
   end
end

function closeNetflixremotecontroller ()
   if IsNetflixremotecontrollerRunning() == 1 then
      print("Killing "..tostring(processID))
      win.TerminateProcess(processID)
      return 0
   else
      return 1
   end
end

if closeNetflixremotecontroller() == 1 then
   print("- Netflixremotecontroller not running -")
else
   print("- Netflixremotecontroller closed successfully -")
end
The example above will close Netflix Remote Controller if it's running in the background just to prove that Girder can detect it. You'll likely want to modify it for your needs. When you run it, check the 'LUA Console' in Girder for logging/debug info
mholgate is offline  
post #75 of 341 Old 10-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Newbie
 
rpalmer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Perfect! win.FindProcess was what I needed, somehow I missed that one!

Thank you so much!

Richard
rpalmer68 is offline  
post #76 of 341 Old 10-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
first of all this is a tiny little program that makes life easier with netflix under a HTPC- configuration. But I have one issue with my remote I cant solve. I use a Harmony ultimate remote mapping an MCE keyboard, my receiver is an Atric USB- device combined with eventghost, extremly configurable, if you want to control everything with the remote. Every keypress of the remote is mapped to a keyboard input, and every keypress works perfect in Windows 10 with Kodi, but netflixcontroller has problems with the most important keypresses...left, right, up and down! I mapped these buttons to Keybord input left, right, up and down that Evenghost has to offer, and netflixcontroller does nothing! Works so far in every other program like Kodi, Steam BPM, Amazon Instant video etc., only the netflixcontroller app doesn't recognize the keybord input. Seems that Eventghost can't simulate exactly the signal that comes from an original RC6 Remote, and Netflixcontroller will only understand that signal and not the simulated keyboard press from Eventghost. Tested the app with an USB RC6 receiver and my harmony, everything works right!
Ok. the program is written for RC6 remotes and especially RC6 receivers, but I wanna ask if there is a chance to correct this misbehavior, for this the program has to be tested with eventghost and the keypresses eventghost produces, or if there will be a litte script that configures up, down, left, right to alternative keys, like ADSW when playing shooters with the keyboard.

Thanks in advice, hope I decribed my problem intelligible
sharp76 is offline  
post #77 of 341 Old 10-17-2015, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp76 View Post
Netflixcontroller will only understand that signal and not the simulated keyboard press from Eventghost. Tested the app with an USB RC6 receiver and my harmony, everything works right!
With Netflix Remote Controller running, try to navigate left/right/up/down just using a regular keyboard. If that works, then your Eventghost setup likely needs tweaking to emulate the same keypresses that a regular keyboard produces.
mholgate is offline  
post #78 of 341 Old 10-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholgate View Post
With Netflix Remote Controller running, try to navigate left/right/up/down just using a regular keyboard. If that works, then your Eventghost setup likely needs tweaking to emulate the same keypresses that a regular keyboard produces.
Hey mholgate,
thats the thing, the keyboard presses on a regular keyboard are all working, only with the evenghost commands netflixcontroller has trouble. The problem is the tweaking of Eventghost, this will not work, not with my skills.
Thought you might help.
sharp76 is offline  
post #79 of 341 Old 10-17-2015, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp76 View Post
The problem is the tweaking of Eventghost, this will not work, not with my skills.
Thought you might help.
I'm not familiar with Eventghost. Try their forum.
mholgate is offline  
post #80 of 341 Old 10-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Newbie
 
ouch8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use SageTV and I'm replacing my old netflix MCE solution with yours. Can I request a couple of lines of code to integrate it into Sage better?

Prior to launching the netflix app, can you add:
IfWinExist, SageTV
Send ^z ;

and on hitting stop to trigger stopbuttonquits, could you add:
IfWinExist SageTV
{
WinActivate
WinMaximize ;
}

I suspect they shouldn't affect those who aren't using Sage, but this will sleep sage when starting netflix and bring it back when stopping.

Thanks!
ouch8s is offline  
post #81 of 341 Old 10-18-2015, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch8s View Post
I use SageTV and I'm replacing my old netflix MCE solution with yours. Can I request a couple of lines of code to integrate it into Sage better?
I will add the ability to perform commands on an external program (such as SageTV, or Kodi, etc) when starting/quitting in near future.

However, the next version will focus on improving the compatibility of Netflix Remote Controller on other screen resolutions and DPIs.
Currently, it's limited to only 1920x1080 on Windows 10 at 100% DPI zoom; and to 1920x1080 and 1360x768 on Windows 8.x
mholgate is offline  
post #82 of 341 Old 10-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Not having any luck getting the refresh rate mode to switch.

I have the latest version of your app, start it with netflixstart netflixquit stopbuttonquits refreshratemode params.

Tried using just a keyboard to pres 2/5/6. I know my TV can do true 24hz, kodi can switch if set switch refresh rate on playback in kodi, it will switch to 24hz for bluray rips, 50hz for 25hz content, etc.

I
getochkn is offline  
post #83 of 341 Old 10-19-2015, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
updated to version 0.12

Changes:
  • bug fix: "refreshratemode" parameter now works as expected

Download latest version here: http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/
mholgate is offline  
post #84 of 341 Old 10-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
jmsnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just wanted to say thank mholgate. This is great work! Much appreciated!
jmsnyc is offline  
post #85 of 341 Old 10-23-2015, 06:19 AM
Member
 
talguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Burbs of Philly
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've been using this and it is great. Great work putting this together. One question I have is, have you made it possible to easily change the audio from 2.0 to 5.1 in the "Now Playing Screen" also is there a way you can automate this so that every time I start a video it defaults to 5.1 sound? I hate the fact that Netflix put this app together so that you have to select our audio tracks on a video by video basis instead do of making a global preferred audio track.
talguy is offline  
post #86 of 341 Old 10-23-2015, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by talguy View Post
I've been using this and it is great. Great work putting this together. One question I have is, have you made it possible to easily change the audio from 2.0 to 5.1 in the "Now Playing Screen" also is there a way you can automate this so that every time I start a video it defaults to 5.1 sound? I hate the fact that Netflix put this app together so that you have to select our audio tracks on a video by video basis instead do of making a global preferred audio track.
The good news: Yes, that certainly is possible... just not yet.
I can allow the user to specify the desired audio quality setting via another command-line parameter.

The bad news: When this feature is in place, there will be a slight delay (a couple of seconds) to the playback of every movie because the utility will need to automatically switch the audio from Stereo to 5.1 each time (in the same way you are currently doing manually).

Still want this feature to be added?
mholgate is offline  
post #87 of 341 Old 10-23-2015, 07:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholgate View Post
The good news: Yes, that certainly is possible... just not yet.
I can allow the user to specify the desired audio quality setting via another command-line parameter.

The bad news: When this feature is in place, there will be a slight delay (a couple of seconds) to the playback of every movie because the utility will need to automatically switch the audio from Stereo to 5.1 each time (in the same way you are currently doing manually).

Still want this feature to be added?
Yes. lol.Rather have the delay and have it automated. Reason I love this tool is so I can run the netflix app as easy as possible from Kodi with my remote. Should throw up a donate button your site, I'd donate a beer or two.
getochkn is offline  
post #88 of 341 Old 10-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Member
 
talguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Burbs of Philly
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yea I don't mind the delay. I already live with a 2 second delay when Kodi switches my displays refresh rate
talguy is offline  
post #89 of 341 Old 10-23-2015, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mholgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by getochkn View Post
Yes. lol.Rather have the delay and have it automated. Reason I love this tool is so I can run the netflix app as easy as possible from Kodi with my remote. Should throw up a donate button your site, I'd donate a beer or two.
Good suggestion. Added a DONATE button to website: http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/
mholgate is offline  
post #90 of 341 Old 10-26-2015, 01:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
jmone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Refresh rate changer is now working for me - thanks!

& yes to the 5.1 auto feature please!
mholgate likes this.
jmone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
app , control , htpc , Netflix , remote

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off