Ceton InfiniTV 6 sports pack issues (COX) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-12-2015, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ceton InfiniTV 6 sports pack issues (COX)

Guys,

I've tried searching but have not really found a fix yet for my issue. I am running a Ceton InfiniTV 6 tuner PCIe.

The issue:
With Cox Cable, I get all my channels just fine except the sports pack. Channels that are regular tier such as ESPN and Pac12 network come in just fine, however, channels that I subscribe to like the SEC Network or ESPNNews do not work. I used to get an error msg that read "SDV Error: 1" however after swapping tuning adapters, it now only says "No tv signal."

What I've done so far:
I've had a cox tech out numerous times and with no success. The last tech swapped out the tuning adapter and that fixed the issue for about 2 days. After the 2 days, the channels stopped working again.

Have any of you out there had this issue or something similar? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I just got off the phone with Cox who is having another tech out on tuesday, my only fear is that deep down I know they wont know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Just a thought,have they checked that the cablecard and your account is "provisioned" correctly (on their end) so you can receive your subscription package?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-12-2015, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
Just a thought,have they checked that the cablecard and your account is "provisioned" correctly (on their end) so you can receive your subscription package?
When I call Cox, should I use that exact virbage? I've had 4 different cox techs out and I would be shocked if none of them have checked on that. Will update when I call in.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Just ask them to check the account and the cablecard settings on their end. You probably don't need a tech there to do that if you can get someone with some knowledge on the phone.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-12-2015, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have TWC and had a similar problem. I used to always get SDV error: 1 on the tuning adapter - I swapped out tuning adapters, cablecards, had TWC review the account and had lots of TWC techs at my house. I sent Ceton lots of diagnostic files and I understand that at one point Ceton engineers even spoke with the TWC cablecard engineers. From what I understand the problem turned out to be at the TWC "head end" - the other side that the tuning adapter communicates with where the tuning adapter was getting bad/wrong "codes" from the head-end which was causing the errors. The problem cleared after the TWC "engineers" got involved and fixed the head end.

I still have occasion problems (once every other month or so) with the tuning adapter giving SDV or subscription errors, however, a power cycle on the tuning adapter clears it up. Worst case (once or twice a year) is when the power cycle on the TA doesn't clear the SDV and subscription issues and I have to call TWC "level 3" tech support where they perform some type of reset on the tuning adapter system (head end?) which clears up the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page