Has anybody connected a HiPix to a RCA D36TF30? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-16-2003, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had a HiPix DTV-200 for about 9 months now and have occasionly watched the local PBS station broadcasting, OTA, an ATSC (1920 x 1080) continuous loop on my computer monitor (display set at 1024 x 768). This is because no other HDTV signals are OTA yet in Peoria.

However, this May/June the local ABC, CBS, and NBC staions will start broadcasting OTA HDTV all of which I can receive with just an indoor antenna (my location is great for this). As these staions come on line, I'd like to hook up the HiPix output to my RCA D36TF30. It is a 4:3 monitor and has it's own internal NTSC tuner.

Where my confusion starts is with the resolution of the D36TF30. The product brochure on RCA's site claims an 800 x 1080 Pixel resolution - wouldn't that spec be reversed for a 4:3 display? Then the owners manual clains a scan mode for HDTV of 1280 x 1080.

I am a real novice at aspect ratios, etc. and am wondering whether I need something like PowerStrip (which I'm not familiar with) in order to get the correct resolution from the HiPix to the RCA.

Any recommendations or links to information on these forums will be very much appreciated.

HTPC specs as follows:

Mother board = Soyo SY-K7v Dragon Plus
On motherboard 5.1 channel sound
CPU = AMD Athlon XP+ 1400
512 MB DDR memory
HiPix DTV-200
2 WD Hard drives (30 GB & 80 GB)
ATI Radeon 7500
Liteon DVD Rom
HP dvdwriter200i
19" monitor
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers