HELP - Strange refresh rate problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-17-2003, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, so this weekend, I decided to upgrade and rebuild my aging HTPC that I've had for a couple of years now. I did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro.

I have a GF3 connected to an old Panny 56" HDTV using the AA box (don't laugh). I use Powerstrip 3.30 to create my custom T&R's.. I mainly use 960x530p and 848x480p for almost everything and I'm using the nVidia 41.07 drivers.. I also got 640x480p, 1280x1024i, 1024x768i and 800x600i working great (based off 960x540p timings)..

I have one problem.. before Powerstrip takes over, my default monitor refresh rates are stuck at either 100 or 120Hz! so when I first boot into windows my monitor doesn't synch until the desktop shows.. It's an annoyance but I can't figure out how to set it at 60Hz before powerstrip..

I've tried different monitor drivers (sony-W900, Karnis' Mitsu .inf, default monitor, plug and play etc...) but my options still only show 100hz or 120hz in the monitor properties... I've tried different nVidia drivers but no difference.. I've tried tools that unlock refresh rates but nada.. How can I get 60Hz to show up in the pull down menu of the monitor info???

--mike
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page