OFFICIAL MyHD MDP-120/DVI card thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 1773 Old 10-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well I took the plunge; I ordered MDP-120 today!
- One question will it coexist with the ATI's AIW 7500 - 9700?
- are there any software issues with ATI's stuff?

Thanks

Rew
BenQ W1070 |Lumagen RadianceXS-3D |Panasonic BDT310
Denon AVR-x5200w | C =Polk Audio C10 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS4 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 |TRL/TRR =Bose 161 |Sub =Titanic Mk 10"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1773 Old 10-29-2003, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Searching the MIT web, I did find a utility called ScanSetup.exe that lets you adjust the overscan or underscan of the MDP120 (works with driver 1.61.1.3 or later). Maybe I'll play around with it, but right now I'm satisfied with the results. Thanks. [/b]
I took a look under the Downloads section of the MIT site, and saw no reference to this utility. Do you have a url?
post #903 of 1773 Old 10-29-2003, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
I took a look under the Downloads section of the MIT site, and saw no reference to this utility. Do you have a url?
Try this:

http://www.mitinc.co.kr/cgi-bin/boar...=ScanSetup.exe

-Dave
post #904 of 1773 Old 10-29-2003, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson
One member provided a sample of Alias for testing and I have confirmed the audio drop out on ABC recordings.

This drop out is caused by the hyperthreading/i865&i875/VIA fix provided in 1.62.1 driver version.

I tested on an ASUS P4PE (i845) motherboard where I could change the File Play Mode (FPM) settings without locking the operating system. The file has no audio drop out when played in the standard filter graph modes, but does when using FPM3, 4, and 5 thru kernel streaming.

I'll pass my findings on the MIT for resolution.
For the MyHD owners using File Play Mode 3 or 4 that are having audio drop outs here is a new driver (v1.62.3.11) that I've confirmed fixed the sample file provided to me and MIT.

www.nabs.net/cwatson53/MyHD_DRV_v1.62.3.11.zip
post #905 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I just discovered that I could show other things in the Windows Task Manager than cpu and memory usage. :o I added "Base Priority" and sorted by it. MyIRC is at the top with a priority of "Realtime". It's the only process I have that runs with that priority. I'm just curious as to why it does.

This is not an issue so far as I am aware; It uses no cpu time.

David
post #906 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 07:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Like the sound of a potential 1.62.3 release....

Tim
Selling Anthem PVA7.
STABILITY + Superior audio (SC09-TX) + Incredible picture (VPL-VW200) + good integration.
post #907 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 08:40 AM

Hello,
Just got my MDP-120, and I love it... With an indoor antenna, I'm able to get three stations very well. The fourth, our local PBS station (WQED), comes in at about 15-25% only (even though it is about the same distance from us as the others).

If I'm displaying in windowed overlay mode, WQED comes in perfectly, pretty much all the time. However, the moment I switch to HD/full screen, I lose it. It works fine for about 1 second, then it just freezes... I can see that poor signal quality would lead to poor reception, but I'm confused about why there is a consistent disparity between overlay and full screen mode... Any ideas? Thanks much,

Parag Batavia
post #908 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ParagPA
If I'm displaying in windowed overlay mode, WQED comes in perfectly, pretty much all the time. However, the moment I switch to HD/full screen, I lose it. It works fine for about 1 second, then it just freezes... I can see that poor signal quality would lead to poor reception, but I'm confused about why there is a consistent disparity between overlay and full screen mode... Any ideas? Thanks much,

Parag Batavia
I've noticed the same behavior. When I'm not in HD mode I get stronger signal than when in HD mode. Typically I'll lose a few percent by switching to HD mode. I personally think it's due to the extra noise that is introduced when the tuner card switches on it's output. This noise could be coupling into the antenna and degrading the reception. I think this would certainly be the case if using the DVI since the DVI signals are digital and very fast. Perhaps better layout of the card could help, but I'd say we're stuck with this phenomenon
post #909 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
For the MyHD owners using File Play Mode 3 or 4 that are having audio drop outs here is a new driver (v1.62.3.11) that I've confirmed fixed the sample file provided to me and MIT.

Thanks Cliff!

I am experiencing this bug on several channels but unfortunately I am leaving for a long weekend so I won't be able to test until next week. I'll definitely report back my results for my MDP-120 in my i865 HTPC.

- Mike
post #910 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by haysdb
I just discovered that I could show other things in the Windows Task Manager than cpu and memory usage. :o I added "Base Priority" and sorted by it. MyIRC is at the top with a priority of "Realtime". It's the only process I have that runs with that priority. I'm just curious as to why it does.

This is not an issue so far as I am aware; It uses no cpu time.

David
Because when two processes are competing for CPU power, the one with the higher priority gets it. When encoding a video, and mIRC is set lower than the video encoding, the text won't update on your screen (even though it will take relatvely little CPU power to do so) because your OS will be throwing all available CPU power to the video encoding.
post #911 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
I have the MDP100 and an Athlon XP2100 on a Soyo Ultra Dragon KT333.

Also have dropouts on ABC...Alias..etc. Episode before last of NYPD Blue lost center channel after first commercial break. I've come to realize that many glitches are due to the broadcasters themselves. But, I think I'll try the latest driver.

Live in L.A. area....

OK on MDP100?
post #912 of 1773 Old 10-30-2003, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StormCrow
I have an nForce2 board, and I noticed small pops and clicks in The Practice on ABC last Sunday. I realize that this is an Intel issue and I am probably wasting my time. However, I tried the new drivers and lost the DVI output. I did not spend any time tweaking the application. I switched back to the 1.62.1 driver and DVI came back.

-Dave
post #913 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cliff,

I haven't used the MyHD (MDP-100) card as a playback source since I started using one (18 months) due to playback problems of one sort or another. I would get major audio and video glitches on about 70% of my captures. I have no problems at all using software decoders.

I downloaded this driver and tried it early this morning with four different captures that were known to have problems with earlier drivers and so far so good! I am really encouraged by the early positive results, and will do more thorough testing over the weekend. If this holds up then it will really be a boon for me (and I'm sure a lot of other folks as well), because I would really like to use MyHD as a playback source for a couple of displays that I watch HDTV on.

I'll follow up on Sunday. Thanks again!!

--Jerome
post #914 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jsaliga
I have no problems at all using software decoders.
What software decoder are you using? I would like to find a good one for my laptop when I go out of town. There was another thread on this topic but nobody had a very good solution.
post #915 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 09:10 AM

Are there any plans to allow file management using the remote?

I want to be able to pick my recorded shows for playback from the remote. It would also be nice to be able to delete them with the remote also.
post #916 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kdonnel
Are there any plans to allow file management using the remote?

I want to be able to pick my recorded shows for playback from the remote. It would also be nice to be able to delete them with the remote also.
MyHD will auto add new recordings to the file play list if you have it enabled in the control panel. Also from the CP you can add all previous recordings to the list for playback selection from the full screen OSD.

You can also delete recorded files (or just the listing) from the OSD.
post #917 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StormCrow

Also have dropouts on ABC...Alias..etc. Episode before last of NYPD Blue lost center channel after first commercial break. I've come to realize that many glitches are due to the broadcasters themselves. But, I think I'll try the latest driver.

Live in L.A. area....

OK on MDP100?
The ABC station in LA is known to have problems with equipment. Kei sent the engineers a MyHD card for testing.
post #918 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Cliff, you are amazing and I am forever indebted to you. Thank you SO MUCH for following up on this issue and posting a fix.

Last night I installed the v1.62.2 app and the v1.62.3.11 driver. I then promptly played back recordings of Alias, The Practice and NYPD Blue, all without a single drop out. All of these ABC shows were previously playing back with some audio drop outs on my main HTPC and it is quite apparent that this problem is solved! Thanks again. For readers to get a sense of time line and reference, see old posts below:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by bcc
I have this same audio dropout problem, which I've only noticed with ABC programming, not NBC or CBS. I specifically saw the same audio dropout problems with Alias last Sun. (but via a different local station). I too have a p42.4 with an intel 865 motherboard chipset. I see the problem with the latest beta version of MYHD, and with or without hyperthreading enabled in my bios.

However, I can get the audio & video to playback without these same dropouts if I use software only decoders. The software only decoders that work for me include the elecard player, dvhstool (using windvd for audio decode) and vic.

My guess is there are audio glitches in the ABC feed, and that MYHD is not doing error correction as well. I would like to get MYHD decoding the audio correctly, as the MYHD player is the only player that seems to let me adjust the aspect ratio on the fly.

Any ideas? I can provide a .tp sample.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently upgraded 2 perfectly working PCs that had MyHD 100's with new MyHD 120's. I upgraded specifically because of the more sensitive next-generation tuner in the 120. I thought reception of my local PBS affiliate and other fringe stations would be better with the 120's. Well, as far as indicated signal strength, the new cards indeed perform better, but...

I too am seeing the same audio dropout problem on channels with 70% to 100% signal strength. This is most disappointing, it's as though the 100's outperform the 120. I don't seem to recall the 100's displaying these kind of audio dropouts.

As I already resold the 100's on eBay, I'd like to get to the bottom of this. I use the MyHD SPDIF output to my receiver and I have a Soyo SY-P4X400 DRAGON Ultra Platinum Edition MB which is based on the VIA P4X400 Chipset. WIN XP Pro SP1, 1.5 gig RAM, P4 2.53.

Other than fringe reception, all this hardware worked fine with the 100's.

Regards,

Sasha Jevtich
post #919 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DPlettner
I have an nForce2 board, and I noticed small pops and clicks in The Practice on ABC last Sunday. I realize that this is an Intel issue and I am probably wasting my time. However, I tried the new drivers and lost the DVI output. I did not spend any time tweaking the application. I switched back to the 1.62.1 driver and DVI came back.

-Dave
DVI is still working properly for me with this driver. Did you install the v1.62.2 beta application posted at Digital Connection?
post #920 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 10:33 AM

Quote:
MyHD will auto add new recordings to the file play list if you have it enabled in the control panel. Also from the CP you can add all previous recordings to the list for playback selection from the full screen OSD.

You can also delete recorded files (or just the listing) from the OSD.
My recordings are added to the control panel. I have to go to the computer and use the mouse to select the item to play or delete.

I have not seen anything from the menu's I get with the remote that allow for file manipulation. I can adjust the time for the FF and RW and that is about all.
post #921 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 11:15 AM

Quote:
My recordings are added to the control panel. I have to go to the computer and use the mouse to select the item to play or delete.

I have not seen anything from the menu's I get with the remote that allow for file manipulation. I can adjust the time for the FF and RW and that is about all.
It took me a while to stumble across it. When in file mode, press the favorites button. This shows you the list of what you can play. If you want to delete a file, highlight it, then press the menu button. This puts focus down below. You can choose delete item or delete file. Delete item just removes it from the list, delete file will delete the file as well. Its a little tricky to get use to. (I don't have one in front of me, I'm just trying to remember how it goes)

Rob
post #922 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 11:24 AM

I have been reading the threads on the Sony HD300 STB (have one on order). There are many posts about audio dropouts and some have reported that they occur when a certain light switch is thrown, or an appliance starts. Someone even tested using an unplugged UPS so there was no connection to the main power. I have noticed that I can reproduce certain audio dropouts on MYHD using light switches and my furnace. So maybe these dropouts are not exclusive to MYHD.

Dick
post #923 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
DVI is still working properly for me with this driver. Did you install the v1.62.2 beta application posted at Digital Connection?

Hi Cliff,

I investigated this a little further.

I do not use passthrough, and therefore I have "Using Separate Monitors" checked. If I uncheck "Using Separate Monitors" and press the "HD" button on the remote, I get DVI output.

If I recheck "Using Separate Monitors" with DVI on, it stays on until I exit and restart MyHD, and then DVI is off again. The "HD" button has no effect when "Using Separate Monitors" is checked.

It's a minor problem that I can deal with for the time being.

Thanks for all your hard work.

-Dave
post #924 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DPlettner
Hi Cliff,

I investigated this a little further.

I do not use passthrough, and therefore I have "Using Separate Monitors" checked. If I uncheck "Using Separate Monitors" and press the "HD" button on the remote, I get DVI output.

If I recheck "Using Separate Monitors" with DVI on, it stays on until I exit and restart MyHD, and then DVI is off again. The "HD" button has no effect when "Using Separate Monitors" is checked.

It's a minor problem that I can deal with for the time being.

Thanks for all your hard work.

-Dave
Dave,

I checked my setup in dual monitor mode and MyHD DVI worked each time the application was started.

What are all the settings on the VGA Setup tab?
post #925 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Dave,

I checked my setup in dual monitor mode and MyHD DVI worked each time the application was started.

What are all the settings on the VGA Setup tab?
Cliff,

I attached a jpeg of my settings on the VGA Setup tab. With this configuration I get no output on the DVI connector. However, the same configuration worked fine with the 1.62.1 driver.

Thanks,
Dave
LL
post #926 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Dave,

I don't know the problem. Try a clean reinstall of the beta driver and application.

BTW, in dual monitor mode you don't need the Clip Mouse Cusor in HD Mode checked.

EDIT: Before reinstalling the driver and application check the registry to make sure that START_AS_HDMODE is set to 0x00000001
post #927 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Use the "Input" button, and select "File". The screen will go blank. Then press the "Favorites" button, and you should see a list of recorded files. Use the arrows to select the one you want, press "OK", and the file should play.

Richard
post #928 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Dave,

I don't know the problem. Try a clean reinstall of the beta driver and application.

BTW, in dual monitor mode you don't need the Clip Mouse Cusor in HD Mode checked.

EDIT: Before reinstalling the driver and application check the registry to make sure that START_AS_HDMODE is set to 0x00000001
Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion, but I have the same problem. It's no big deal since it is not that hard to press the "HD" button. However, I am curious whether anyone else has the same problem.

-Dave
post #929 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 06:05 PM

Can or should I install the new beta on a non-hyperthreaded PC?
post #930 of 1773 Old 10-31-2003, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally posted by jehremy
Can or should I install the new beta on a non-hyperthreaded PC?
I've got it installed on one, and there are no problems.
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page