I searched under dTV sound problems in this forum but could not find my problem.
1)Under the original software WinTV2000 (in windows 2000)of the Hauppage WinTV + FMradio and an external cable from WinTVline out to SBLive line in, there is no sound problem.
2) I played with the sound settings of dTV a couple of days (vs. 2,1,2,0)to no avail to get rid of the unpredictable on and off of the sound.
3) Under settings/audio input i can choose for tuner, MSP/radio, internal, external and have this on and off sound . If there is sound it is for between 3 seconds and mostly 2 minutes. When it disappears it is gone for at least 20 sec up to 5 minutes. There is no fading. It is abruptly there and snaps of that way.
4)In finding the stations I had to copy the freqs found by WinTV to Cannel.txt of dTV.exe as the Dutch cable (Casema) freqs do not equal those in the list
5) However I do not know what to fill in for: ChannelLow=
ChannelHigh= So I just picked 1 for low and 69 without knowing the(sound?)consequenses
6) When I start up dTV very briefly I can see a list flowing by that checks the hardware and found no error messages.
7) Under Hardware/Hardware info it finds BT-Typ BT878, a tuner and a MSP radio version msp34255D-B31
What can I do?
I love the deinterlacing I need to project the image with a D-ILA G11
Teh PC has an AMD thunderbird 850, 256 mb Sdram and a SBLive
What you see, will never be what you see