Looking for a Review of 900 Mhz RF Keyboard w/mouse for $38! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-06-2001, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A while ago this 900MHz RF keyboard http://shop.store.yahoo.com/eai/inwirmulkey.html was discussed at this thread http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/008199.html . My question is has anybody got a review of it. I am interested in it but would like some user feed back on the usability and the usable range of it. 16ft. would be plenty of range for me if it is usable at that range. In the above thread there was some question to the usable range. I am not interested in using it for gaming, only for control of the PC from the couch. Also, can you use a wired mouse be used along with the RF keyboard?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-06-2001, 05:04 PM
DRS
AVS Special Member

I'll sell you mine for $25 + shipping. I used it for about a week, here is a review I did....

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/008625.html

YMMV...
post #3 of 8 Old 05-07-2001, 07:08 AM

It works great for me at about 10' from the receiver. I only use the mouse and a few keystrokes here and there to control the desktop.

tixin.
post #4 of 8 Old 05-10-2001, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies all!

DRS is it possible that your keyboard was broken? It sounds like something malfunctioned after a few days from your review.

From DRS's review: "It is really strange. The first couple of days were great. The KB fit my initial review. Then whamo! Possessed keyboard."

This sound like something went bad which usually happens with in a short time with electronics. What kind of warrantee does this keyboard have? I didn't see anything on the web page above.

Thanks again for the info.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-10-2001, 06:17 PM
DRS
AVS Special Member

The thought entered my mind but I just have not had the time, or the will power, to mess around with it. Thanks for the suggestion...
post #6 of 8 Old 05-20-2001, 09:41 PM

I've had this keyboard for a few days now and it's fine for remote functions but sucks for typing. I've tried using the different frequencies with slightly better results but it seems to work about half the time. I'm gonna keep playing with it since the media keys and built in mouse are great. The built in handles feel pretty good too. I think placement of the receiver and which frequency you use are critical for best results. Lots of potential for less than $40 but don't throw away your regular keyboard.

------------------
David.. "It must be weird to be normal"

David.. "It must be weird to be normal"
post #7 of 8 Old 05-21-2001, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

This keyboard is poo poo. I stopped using mine. I broke my original airboard and miss it very much. I though this new one would be an "upgrade". Forget all the complaints about build quality and cheap feeling. I don't really care about all that stuff as long as it works. My girfriend screamed at me to replace this thing cause it was such a heap of crap. The infuriating thing is that it would work for a stretch at a time flawlessly, and randomy act up, missing sme kystokes and rrrrrreeeepeating othersssssss. Like I said, its a steaming pile of poo.
K
post #8 of 8 Old 06-01-2001, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I got mine today. The keyboard is just like a lot of laptops that I have used in the past. I think the mouse sucks big time. I haven't had any problem with the keys or keystrokes not working. I have had some weird problems with the mouse though. Sometimes it just doesn't send a signal no matter how hard you press it or anything.

I give the entire package a C-

Cameron

------------------
-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page