MPC-HC/LAV Audio Bitdepth Settings - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-22-2017, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
MPC-HC/LAV Audio Bitdepth Settings

Hey Guys!

I've been searching for an answer for this for awhile. In the lav audio decoder properties, it lets you select the bit depth format for output, 8-bit int, 16 bit int, 24 bit int, 32 bit int and fp. I want to check mark everything up 32-bit integer or floating point as it should be the best, however my audio receiver only supports playback of files up to 24/192. Should I only select 24-bit then because of my amp? Or is there more to this and I can select 32-bit integer or floating point even though my receiver doesn't process that at face value? Also...should I have both 32 bit integer AND floating point checked (If I'm supposed to check off 32-bit to begin with)

I'm trying to get the best sounding output/ and I believe that would be bit perfect. I'm just confused because my amp only goes up to 24/192 and I don't have any audio files above 24 bit for some high res audio. I do have all of the bitstreaming options check marked.

One more quick side question: Should I have checkmarked the option to: Enable Built-In Audio Switcher filter under MPC-HC Options: Audio Switcher. I have it unchecked...

Using audio over HDMI into an Integra DTR 7.8 receiver and latest stable build of MPC-HC: 1.7.13. Lav filters: 0.70.2.1

Last edited by InstantEulogy; 09-22-2017 at 03:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page