Help regarding MADVR with RECLOCK in KODI - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Help regarding MADVR with RECLOCK in KODI

Hello everyone

Recently i ditched PowerDVD and tried KODI for my blurays due to its better UI and stuff but tbh video quality was not up to the mark with colors and image washed out as compared to PowerDVD. Didn't want to ditch KODI due to its interface and finally found about MADVR.

To cut the story short, i finally setup MADVR and stuff with KODI and damn results are extra ordinary, mind blowing! Now thing is, i was some help from experienced people here who has already done this. I got success with MADVR and all but after trying alot i am not able to change default audio renderer i.e. SANEAR to RECLOCK. I want to use RECLOCK as my default audio renderer but even after installing the RECLOCK in program files as its default location, i can;t see the option to select RECLOCK in default audio renderer thing.

Not sure what i am doing wrong, anyone got any ideas how to get RECLOCK working in KODI DSPLAYER?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 44
madVR has a custom resolution feature now. It (should) eliminate the need for Reclock. No idea how this might be utilized in an unofficial build of Kodi? There is an alternative setup using the official version of Kodi though. (not to take anything away from these popular other builds) Details in my signature.

http://madvr.com/crt/CustomResTutorial.html
post #3 of 8 Old 09-26-2017, 12:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1652 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Singh View Post
Hello everyone

Recently i ditched PowerDVD and tried KODI for my blurays due to its better UI and stuff but tbh video quality was not up to the mark with colors and image washed out as compared to PowerDVD. Didn't want to ditch KODI due to its interface and finally found about MADVR.

To cut the story short, i finally setup MADVR and stuff with KODI and damn results are extra ordinary, mind blowing! Now thing is, i was some help from experienced people here who has already done this. I got success with MADVR and all but after trying alot i am not able to change default audio renderer i.e. SANEAR to RECLOCK. I want to use RECLOCK as my default audio renderer but even after installing the RECLOCK in program files as its default location, i can;t see the option to select RECLOCK in default audio renderer thing.

Not sure what i am doing wrong, anyone got any ideas how to get RECLOCK working in KODI DSPLAYER?
I use JRiver after using Kodi for years. Great thing is JR has its own built in reclock that I use with madvr, it works beautifully so I havent even bothered with the new custom settings on madvr. The other thing is JRiver has madvr built in also, all you do is turn it on, its all soooo simple! For me JR kills Kodi!

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild

post #4 of 8 Old 09-26-2017, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
madVR has a custom resolution feature now. It (should) eliminate the need for Reclock. No idea how this might be utilized in an unofficial build of Kodi? There is an alternative setup using the official version of Kodi though. (not to take anything away from these popular other builds) Details in my signature.
Thing is i am not really liking the sound of default audio rendere i.e. sanear ..
post #5 of 8 Old 09-26-2017, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
I use JRiver after using Kodi for years. Great thing is JR has its own built in reclock that I use with madvr, it works beautifully so I havent even bothered with the new custom settings on madvr. The other thing is JRiver has madvr built in also, all you do is turn it on, its all soooo simple! For me JR kills Kodi!
But i want to stick with Kodi lol
post #6 of 8 Old 09-26-2017, 01:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1652 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Singh View Post
But i want to stick with Kodi lol
Reclock separately isnt perfect, thats why madvr made custom resolutions, just use those, its easier if you want to to stay with Kodi.
However JR is the only one with built in reclock and madvr, designed for KISS!

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild
post #7 of 8 Old 09-26-2017, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
Reclock separately isnt perfect, thats why madvr made custom resolutions, just use those, its easier if you want to to stay with Kodi.
However JR is the only one with built in reclock and madvr, designed for KISS!
sorry for being a noob in this, but my concern is, in KODI DSPLAYER settings, i can't find RECLOCK in audio renderer setting even after installing reclock.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-09-2017, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone? ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page