DeUHD UHD Disc Ripping?!? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 95 Old 10-02-2017, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bryansj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,877
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Liked: 645
DeUHD UHD Disc Ripping?!?

Russian company releases DeUHD disc ripping software. It says it is compatible with 30 titles with more added each week.

http://deuhd.ru

Free trial, but 200 Euros to purchase...

List of currently supported titles.


Last edited by bryansj; 10-16-2017 at 01:20 PM.
bryansj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 95 Old 10-02-2017, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ajhieb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Commonwealth, not the Jelly.
Posts: 2,693
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 693
40 Titles? I didn't know there were so many titles in the Smurfs series.
mrfattbill likes this.
ajhieb is offline  
post #3 of 95 Old 10-02-2017, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bryansj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,877
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhieb View Post
40 Titles? I didn't know there were so many titles in the Smurfs series.
I misread it. It is 30+ titles today.

http://deuhd.ru/4k_uhd_info.html

bryansj is offline  
 
post #4 of 95 Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ajhieb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Commonwealth, not the Jelly.
Posts: 2,693
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 693
That's still a lot of Smurfs.
noobtv likes this.
ajhieb is offline  
post #5 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Herve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Because I'm more interested in playing UHD BDs on just about any modern-day computer rather that ripping, one FAQ I'd like to see on their site is whether, after buying the above software, a presently-non-compliant computer --a computer that would/could have added to it an internal or external UHD BD drive -- can then play full-featured 4K on any 4K display ("HDR-ready" or not), or would it be necessary to first rip the disk in order to obtain an ISO that can. (And, while I'm typing, does the computer have to be connected to the internet in order to play the ISO?)
Herve is offline  
post #6 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Verge2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: arkansas
Posts: 3,119
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herve View Post
Because I'm more interested in playing UHD BDs on just about any modern-day computer rather that ripping, one FAQ I'd like to see on their site is whether, after buying the above software, a presently-non-compliant computer --a computer that would/could have added to it an internal or external UHD BD drive -- can then play full-featured 4K on any 4K display ("HDR-ready" or not), or would it be necessary to first rip the disk in order to obtain an ISO that can. (And, while I'm typing, does the computer have to be connected to the internet in order to play the ISO?)
It' a scam, hence the super sarcastic posts above. Don't waste your time reading the FAQ lol.
Verge2 is offline  
post #7 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bryansj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,877
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post
It' a scam, hence the super sarcastic posts above. Don't waste your time reading the FAQ lol.
Why do you think it's a scam? It might be a rip off, but it just appears to be a program that incorporates the recent cracks so you can do it yourself.

bryansj is offline  
post #8 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Herve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
Why do you think it's a scam? It might be a rip off, but it just appears to be a program that incorporates the recent cracks so you can do it yourself.
Yes, good question.

The only reason I could see for doing a scam is to infect computers. Maybe that's the case. OTOH, maybe it's "legit" -- at least in the sense that their software works.
Herve is offline  
post #9 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ajhieb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Commonwealth, not the Jelly.
Posts: 2,693
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 693
I've seen zero reports that it works as advertised. I've seen a few that say it didn't work.

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
ajhieb is offline  
post #10 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LexInVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,299
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
Why do you think it's a scam? It might be a rip off, but it just appears to be a program that incorporates the recent cracks so you can do it yourself.
1. Russian business. There is a saying in e-commerce: "Don't do business with the Russians!".

2. No secure checkout on website. You want to send your credit card information over an open connection to a questionable business in a country where organized cyber-crime and ID theft are commonplace, with state-sponsorship? They don't even have an option for digital currency, which is something that the people who engage in piracy would be using, so this "software" is clearly targeted at dumb mooks who think it's legit and not real media pirates, who know it's not legit because they'd know about it first and keep it to themselves, for free.

3. Price of product is high enough to generate a large amount of revenue quickly. They can easily generate 10-20K or more from those who don't see the writing on the wall and nobody in Russia is going to put a stop to them. They'll also have your credit card info, which means you'll likely see a ton of quick foreign charges that they will get away with in the week or so after you pay for it with your card.

This is a scam just like many of the other media software/pirate supporting warez/shady media boxes tainted with malware coming out of Europe and Asia. I'm fairly certain this thing only exists because someone spent ten minutes reading this forum and a few others, where people have been complaining about not being able to rip their UHD discs to their 12 terabyte storage arrays or whatever NAS they have going and thought "Hey, I can make a quick buck off of these guys!". We know there are people who are going to go out and pay for it regardless of whatever we say, even though it doesn't work in the slightest. So let's just spread the word far and wide about it being what it really is and leave it at that.

Last edited by LexInVA; 10-03-2017 at 12:17 PM.
LexInVA is offline  
post #11 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bryansj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,877
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Liked: 645
I have no interest in buying it and don't doubt it couldn't be a scam. I was just wondering if it actually worked or not.

bryansj is offline  
post #12 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
I have no interest in buying it and don't doubt it couldn't be a scam. I was just wondering if it actually worked or not.
Here is the ongoing discussion over at RedFox: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuh...y-discs.73671/
Herve likes this.
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
post #13 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bryansj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,877
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Here is the ongoing discussion over at RedFox: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuh...y-discs.73671/
That was a rough read.

bryansj is offline  
post #14 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
That was a rough read.
Yeah, it seems not too many in that thread whose first language is English.
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
post #15 of 95 Old 10-03-2017, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Herve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,265
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I've read the entire thread at RedFox, linked above.

Time will separate what's fake from what's true in this matter as more people report their results on that thread and at other sites, but so far, IMO, there's a better than even chance that the software actually does what its creators purport it will do.

Assuming for the moment that it does do what it's advertised to do, if a group of Russian computer wizards were the first able to rip multiple UHD BD movies, I unreservedly congratulate them, as I did the SlySoft wizards.

(After all, according to 17 intelligence agencies of rare, well-educated employees of the US government, the Russians were somehow able to "hack" the DNC servers, recruit Trump as a witting or unwitting agent and steal the last US presidential election from Hillary. That accomplishment alone proves beyond any doubt that those Russians must be very very smart people. So this latest technological victory should not come as a surprise to any well-educated American.)
madbrain likes this.
Herve is offline  
post #16 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dark_Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,638
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
This is a scam just like many of the other media software/pirate supporting warez/shady media boxes tainted with malware coming out of Europe and Asia
Obviously nobody is recommending people go out and buy this at the moment. For some of us, sharing news/knowledge/science behind the concepts and methods at play are more interesting than the eventual end products (if they become end products). Progress is progress ... at one point there were 0 UHD rips in existence, as of June this year it appears there were 6 or 7, as of now I'm not certain
bryansj likes this.
Dark_Slayer is offline  
post #17 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bryansj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,877
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1421 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
Obviously nobody is recommending people go out and buy this at the moment. For some of us, sharing news/knowledge/science behind the concepts and methods at play are more interesting than the eventual end products (if they become end products). Progress is progress ... at one point there were 0 UHD rips in existence, as of June this year it appears there were 6 or 7, as of now I'm not certain
As of now it appears to be over 30.

I didn't start this thread to get everyone to buy this program. I don't care if they take your money and hack your bank account. But if the software works then it is 100% more ripping solutions than last week.

bryansj is offline  
post #18 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ajhieb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Commonwealth, not the Jelly.
Posts: 2,693
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 693
That's a pretty big "if"

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
ajhieb is offline  
post #19 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
madbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 45
And even if it works, what are you going to do to play the ripped ISO ?

PowerDVD 17 has such ridiculous hardware requirements - specific models of CPU, motherboard, iGPU, drive, OS version, such that you pretty much have to rebuild your HTPC from scratch to get it to play.

If I could play the ISO on my existing AMD CPU, with my existing discrete GPU, without having to rebuild the HTPC from scratch, I might be interested. Not for 200 euros, though !
madbrain is offline  
post #20 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
VisionxOrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
And even if it works, what are you going to do to play the ripped ISO ?

PowerDVD 17 has such ridiculous hardware requirements - specific models of CPU, motherboard, iGPU, drive, OS version, such that you pretty much have to rebuild your HTPC from scratch to get it to play.

If I could play the ISO on my existing AMD CPU, with my existing discrete GPU, without having to rebuild the HTPC from scratch, I might be interested. Not for 200 euros, though !
according to the info touted on redfox, the decrypeted iso plays on p17 on non complaint systems and you could always use another player sinces its no longer drmed.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
VisionxOrb is offline  
post #21 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
madbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
according to the info touted on redfox, the decrypeted iso plays on p17 on non complaint systems and you could always use another player sinces its no longer drmed.
Ah, that sounds promising . Hope they will drop the price. I may buy a Pioneer UHD BD drive and PDVD 17 or 18 if their software really works.
madbrain is offline  
post #22 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
VisionxOrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
Ah, that sounds promising . Hope they will drop the price. I may buy a Pioneer UHD BD drive and PDVD 17 or 18 if their software really works.
you dont even need a UHD drive, just one that can read the structure like a LG WH16NS40. infact I dont think you can use a UHD drive and have it work, probably due to extra security in the drive.

they list the supported drives as
"Optical devices: LG WH16NS40, LG BH16NS40, ASUS BW-12B1ST, ASUS BC-12D2HT, ASUS BW-16D1HT, LG BE16NU50, LG BH16NS55, LG WH16NS58 (more optical devices will available soon)"

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
VisionxOrb is offline  
post #23 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
madbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
you dont even need a UHD drive, just one that can read the structure like a LG WH16NS40. infact I dont think you can use a UHD drive and have it work, probably due to extra security in the drive.

they list the supported drives as
"Optical devices: LG WH16NS40, LG BH16NS40, ASUS BW-12B1ST, ASUS BC-12D2HT, ASUS BW-16D1HT, LG BE16NU50, LG BH16NS55, LG WH16NS58 (more optical devices will available soon)"
I have that drive actually Isn't there an issue with reading all the physical layers on UHD discs, though ?
Or can that drive read all the layers ?
madbrain is offline  
post #24 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
VisionxOrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
I have that drive actually Isn't there an issue with reading all the physical layers on UHD discs, though ?
Or can that drive read all the layers ?
I think that is the point.... UHD are made with BDXL, the WH16NS40 is BDXL compatible. However the drive doesn't understand AACS 2.0. Id try the trail and report back here but the two UHD movies I have on hand are not in the supported list.

I put in the accountant into my NS40 and it blinks for a little and then goes happy and spins at normal speed like it can see the disk as apposed to a drive that keeps searching and trying to read. just windows doesn't report anything from the disk.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
VisionxOrb is offline  
post #25 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
I think that is the point.... UHD are made with BDXL, the WH16NS40 is BDXL compatible. However the drive doesn't understand AACS 2.0. Id try the trail and report back here but the two UHD movies I have on hand are not in the supported list.

I put in the accountant into my NS40 and it blinks for a little and then goes happy and spins at normal speed like it can see the disk as apposed to a drive that keeps searching and trying to read. just windows doesn't report anything from the disk.
The NS40 is a tricky drive. There is a later revision of it that makes it an NS50 without the cosmetic changes that accompanied the NS50. That is the one that will read UHD discs. It does not have AACS 2.0 capability, but Windows will show the disc contents. The older revision of the NS40 will try to read the disc, but ultimately time out and Windows will report no disc. DeUHD only supports the later revision.
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
post #26 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
VisionxOrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
The NS40 is a tricky drive. There is a later revision of it that makes it an NS50 without the cosmetic changes that accompanied the NS50. That is the one that will read UHD discs. It does not have AACS 2.0 capability, but Windows will show the disc contents. The older revision of the NS40 will try to read the disc, but ultimately time out and Windows will report no disc. DeUHD only supports the later revision.
Thats disappointing... I just tried my asus 12b1st and it reacts the same way, wont show contents...

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
VisionxOrb is offline  
post #27 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
madbrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
The NS40 is a tricky drive. There is a later revision of it that makes it an NS50 without the cosmetic changes that accompanied the NS50. That is the one that will read UHD discs. It does not have AACS 2.0 capability, but Windows will show the disc contents. The older revision of the NS40 will try to read the disc, but ultimately time out and Windows will report no disc. DeUHD only supports the later revision.
I happened to replace an old failing BD drive in my HTPC about 10 days ago. The new drive is a WH16NS40 . Just put a UHD disc in it, and Windows can see the tree structure just fine ! So, I guess this is the new revision.

Upgraded my HTPC video card to GT 1030 last saturday also when I got the 4K display.

This is exciting news if the ripping software really works, but it needs to work with more than 30 titles and come down in price.
madbrain is offline  
post #28 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
I happened to replace an old failing BD drive in my HTPC about 10 days ago. The new drive is a WH16NS40 . Just put a UHD disc in it, and Windows can see the tree structure just fine ! So, I guess this is the new revision.

Upgraded my HTPC video card to GT 1030 last saturday also when I got the 4K display.

This is exciting news if the ripping software really works, but it needs to work with more than 30 titles and come down in price.
The revision (SVC Code NS50) for the NS40 was done in late 2015 or early 2016. Pretty much any NS40 you buy today would be the later revision.

As for the software, well, there is much speculation that this is being handled through a compromised UHD Bluray player that is exposing the keys. That means that AACS 2.0 is not broken and that the makers of the software have to buy the discs and play them to get current keys. Works fine for now since the overall number of discs is fairly low in the market, but as this grows it will be impossible to maintain.
Balthazar2k4 is offline  
post #29 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
VisionxOrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
The revision (SVC Code NS50) for the NS40 was done in late 2015 or early 2016. Pretty much any NS40 you buy today would be the later revision.

As for the software, well, there is much speculation that this is being handled through a compromised UHD Bluray player that is exposing the keys. That means that AACS 2.0 is not broken and that the makers of the software have to buy the discs and play them to get current keys. Works fine for now since the overall number of discs is fairly low in the market, but as this grows it will be impossible to maintain.
While this is most likely the case, wasn't it a compromised pc based bluray software exposing the keys that paved the way for aacs 1.0 being eventually cracked.
madbrain likes this.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred

Last edited by VisionxOrb; 10-04-2017 at 05:46 PM.
VisionxOrb is offline  
post #30 of 95 Old 10-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Member
 
long_pn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
And even if it works, what are you going to do to play the ripped ISO ?
Potplayer +madVR can play ISO's. What's the problem with that ?
long_pn is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Theater Computers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off