GTX1050ti help getting audio on DP out - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-12-2017, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 26
GTX1050ti help getting audio on DP out

Hi All,

Recently upgraded my old HTPC box with a GTX 1050ti. I have a JVC RS400, and an older Sherwood R-972 receiver that does not pass 4K. I'd like to output video to the projector and sound to the receiver (HDMI 1.3).

Currently, I have HDMI to the RS400, and it does 4K@30p (60p won't work for some reason). I have a DP to HDMI adapter to the receiver. But it won't let me select the R-972 as sound.

Do I need to connect a monitor to the R-972 (this would seem really stupid). Or do I really need to buy the hdfury stuff, and which?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-12-2017, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 418
In order for windows to send audio to a particular hdmi or dp port, it must be part of desktop. No video, no audio.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 10-12-2017, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Dang... I was afraid of that. Really don't want to upgrade receiver. Are there any other workarounds, e.g. a soundcard with HDMI out? I will have to look into how the HDFury stuff works too...

Edit: For the people that might view/search this thread in the future, it looks like the HDFury AVR Key does what is needed. It is really pricey... Now for it to reach stateside so that shipping isn't so expensive too.

Last edited by stm69; 10-13-2017 at 12:22 AM.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-13-2017, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 390
As a test try switching it around, DP-HDMI to TV and HDMI to receiver. Are you cloning the desktop? I hope you can get this to work because in a few months I will be in a similar situation. There is this box that can extract audio but not sure how well it works https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2BUXD0L1W5AKG

Edit: amazon sells dummy hdmi plugs that make the source think there is a display connected.

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips

Last edited by Mrkazador; 10-13-2017 at 04:32 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-16-2017, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post
As a test try switching it around, DP-HDMI to TV and HDMI to receiver. Are you cloning the desktop? I hope you can get this to work because in a few months I will be in a similar situation. There is this box that can extract audio but not sure how well it works https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2BUXD0L1W5AKG

Edit: amazon sells dummy hdmi plugs that make the source think there is a display connected.
Just from looking at links, it doesn't seem that the audio extract boxes support hdmi 2.0. Do you happen to have a link that one that can do hdmi 2.0 to 4k and then audio extract to hdmi 1.4?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page