No Picture With ATI Radeon 64mb DDR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-08-2001, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just installed a Radeon 64mb DDR with ATI DVD software player into my Dell 400mh desktop. I down loaded the latest driver from the ATI web site. When I attempt to play a dvd on my computer screen, I get a black screen with a thin horrizontal green line running through the center of the screen. Can anyone advise how to correct this problem? Thanks.
FAR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-08-2001, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Far64:

___I have never seen this from a Radeon in an I815E or KT133A but I did see a similar problem for a few frustrating days using an ATI Rage Fury on a BX chipset ~ 2 years ago. The Dell you are using is a BX chipset and that is why I am posting. I found the solution was to raise the AGP aperture to 64 MB from 32 or lower it from 64 to 32 or less (I forgot which) with another installed video card and than swap back to the Rage Fury for initial/final installation. I do not know if this will help, as it was a wild shot in the dark even back than. If you have another HTPC/PC to throw the Radeon DDR card into, see if you get the same non-display. If so, the card will probably need to be RMA’ed.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___ xcel@midwest.idsonline.com

------------------
New E-Mail address for the time being ... waynegerdes@earthlink.net
post #3 of 3 Old 06-09-2001, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Xcel,
Thanks for the response. I contacted ATI and Dell after my post and found out that there was an OEM video decoder card that I also had to remove in addition to the video card I replaced. When I did that, the ATI worked perfectly. It plays perfectly with no stuttering or hesitation. And this is with a 400mh machine. I tried WinDVD and PowerDVD with the original video card and there were hesitations with both software programs. There are no problems with the ATI card and the ATI DVDsoftware player. Thanks again for trying to help.
FAR64
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page