Powerstrip for Radeon VE install help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-10-2001, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1) Does the recent PS3 ver143 contain the Radeon support listed in the 124 version? (Dumb question, huh?)

2) When I tried to install ver. 143, it said I had a version of Powerstrip already running. This was news to me. I did a file search of "power*.*" and only found the directory I had just created for the 143 download. Where should I look to make sure I don't have PS already running in the background?

3) How do I know what the current version (that came with the card) of the Radeon drivers I have installed? Device manager says D7.20-0117b-129-ATI which doesn't appear to be in the format of their update drivers listed on the ATI website (4.13.7075 (recommended) and 4.13.7115 (beta)).

4) If I do update the Radeon drivers, which one - the recommended or the beta?

5) The ATI DVD player I have is version 7.1 (DirectShow). Is this the current version?

Thanks.

Buddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-10-2001, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Buddy,

Do a Ctrl, Alt, Del to see if Pstrip is running.

You right click your Pstrip icon in the lower right tray(assuming it's there), then "options", then "adapter info". Scroll down the lower right report to see your adapters driver version.

I don't have a Radeon, so I don't know the answers to your other questions. I'm hoping to get one though, as soon as all the bugs are worked out, so I'd like to know the other answers too.

Chris

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-10-2001, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

No Powerstrip in the tray nor in the "close program" dialog box so I assume The installation program is seeing things. I would be curious to know if any other Radeon users received the "a version of Powerstrip already running" messge when initially installing Powerstrip. I am afraid, since it sees something there, the installation may stomp on something else running on my system and then causing instability.

I've been through that nightmare trying to do a (supposedly) clean install of SB Live! update drivers. It took a lot of work just to get Win 98 to boot up again, even after uninstalling the guilty SB installation in Safe Mode.

Buddy
post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2001, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

If PowerStrip isn't running then you can proceed to install it. In the beta, the Setup program just looks for any open window with the title PowerStrip instead of looking for a running copy of the executable.

It will therefore find and flag, e.g., an open folder named PowerStrip - which is obviously not a problem...
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page