Wiring Diagram or Hook-up Guide - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-14-2001, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone published their wiring diagram or cable hook-ups for their HTPC > D-ILA? I'd like to see how the various components are interconnected; with video cards, video capture cards, sound cards, analog v digital connections, multiple connections possible at the projector, it sure would be nice to see how some of you have arranged things. I'm hoping to avoid having to "re-invent the wheel."

I also seems to me many of the inevitable errors might be avoided; some of the more obvious questions "pre-answered."

If you can help, it sure would save me patches of unquestionably thinning hair!

Thanks guys.

------------------
Everywhere is within running distance...if you have the time.

Everywhere is within running distance...if you have the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-15-2001, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I believe it really depends on your components.

I don't own a D-ILA...heck I've never seen one except in use at a museuem exhibit.

What I do know:
The internal scalers generally stink. What I would guess you do is run all your analog through your AVR (audio video receiver) and the output into your HTPC. Try to use s-video all the way. Then HTPC -> D-ILA. Depending on if you have some other hi-def devices like an HDTV box, you might have to get tricky on the video inputs.

I personally route my audio seperately since it was getting tricky switching it through the computer (and unnecessary.) The audio on my Dreamcast, VCR and satellite box simply goes from the device, to my receiver to speakers. Video goes through the receiver with the monitor output connected to the svhs in on my tv card. From computer, video goes into my display. I also have the VGA box for my dreamcast which I use occasionally by swapping cords. I really shoud buy a switcher...

------------------
Cal Z.
Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100
and
Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page