ATI DVD Player Version? 7.1 == 4.1? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-29-2001, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This might seem like a silly question, but I recently built my HTPC around the ATI AIW Radeon. The multi-media center software included with this card reports its version as 7.1. The Help->About dialog from the DVD player does the same. Version 7.1. What is this DVD Player 4.1 version that everyone talks about as being the latest player from ATI? I've tried downloading it from ATI's driver site, but the install complains that my ID number is invalid (the number off of the installation CDROM). Either I'm doing something wrong, or this IS the latest ATI DVD player that I have and I don't need to download an update.

Anyone know?

--
Dave E.

Dave E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-29-2001, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by derazmus:
This might seem like a silly question, but I recently built my HTPC around the ATI AIW Radeon. The multi-media center software included with this card reports its version as 7.1. The Help->About dialog from the DVD player does the same. Version 7.1. What is this DVD Player 4.1 version that everyone talks about as being the latest player from ATI? I've tried downloading it from ATI's driver site, but the install complains that my ID number is invalid (the number off of the installation CDROM). Either I'm doing something wrong, or this IS the latest ATI DVD player that I have and I don't need to download an update.

Anyone know?

--
Dave E.

You have the latest DVD player and it's 4.1...the logo that says 7.1 refers to the Multimedia Center code number.

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...with nail polish.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-29-2001, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Mike:

___Sorry to drag this post OT for Dave’s sake but do you have any word on a release date of the new player yet? NDA’s still apply, I know … Also, did you see my suggestion that Stephen give you all brand new 8500’s for your participation? I think he owes you all at least that much http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif Finally, I saw some driver package screenshots for the 8500 from some of the previews done earlier this month and one showed a gaming gamma control built into the driver set. Is this to come or is ATI still insisting that all Overlay controls be based in the player itself?

___Thanks in advance.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___ Waynegerdes@earthlink.net
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page