anamorphic on ati player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-30-2001, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have a quick question in regards to the ati player( im using a radeon ve and ati player) it seems that whenever i use the ati player with a dvd that has both anamorphic or widescreen of some sort and a full screen options , it will only play in full screen ...so when i project that on my screen (dalite + sony proj) its too big and i lose picture all around. yxy dosent seem to work with the ati player ...i just get a black box in the background. I am using the 0 ire settings , whenever i check the registry it always as i left it , and i do have the widescreen = 1in there.... any ideas , suggestions.

ISF/HAA certified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-30-2001, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jisaac:
i have a quick question in regards to the ati player( im using a radeon ve and ati player) it seems that whenever i use the ati player with a dvd that has both anamorphic or widescreen of some sort and a full screen options , it will only play in full screen ...so when i project that on my screen (dalite + sony proj) its too big and i lose picture all around. yxy dosent seem to work with the ati player ...i just get a black box in the background. I am using the 0 ire settings , whenever i check the registry it always as i left it , and i do have the widescreen = 1in there.... any ideas , suggestions.

what resolution are you running? Is your screen 16x9 or 4x3?

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...with nail polish.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-30-2001, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

im running a 1072x600@ 96 hz...
just to give a better idea as to what is happening ...
i always start a movie on my computer monitor ( which is in my theater room) when i fire off a movie i test it out , and i maximize the player ...if the movie fills the whole monitor screen , i already know its not gonna fit properly on my 52x92" screen, lately almost every movie i rent is comming up full screen , even if it says widscreen version on the box....

ISF/HAA certified
post #4 of 4 Old 08-30-2001, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jisaac:
im running a 1072x600@ 96 hz...
just to give a better idea as to what is happening ...
i always start a movie on my computer monitor ( which is in my theater room) when i fire off a movie i test it out , and i maximize the player ...if the movie fills the whole monitor screen , i already know its not gonna fit properly on my 52x92" screen, lately almost every movie i rent is comming up full screen , even if it says widscreen version on the box....

i'm going to send you something via e-mail in a second. Try it out and let me know if it fixes your problem, but I'll be off line until about 10 est

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...with nail polish.
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page