AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AccessDTV software lockup... HELP!!!

145 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  seandudley 
#1 ·
I got my AccessDTV card several days ago and installed it from the CD-ROM. The software came up and everything seemed to be ok. I don't have my Dish 5000/modulator quite yet, so I couldn't do a whole lot.

At the end of the install, it told me that I should install DirectX. I went to http://www.microsoft.com/directx and downloaded DX80ENG.EXE. I then installed it on the computer and tried to bring up the AccessDTV software. This time the computer locked up. I rebooted and tried again, same thing.

Next, I went to http://www.accessdtv.com, and downloaded the latest drivers & software. First I updated the drivers as per the instructions (went into device manager to the device tab and selected "Update Driver"). Next, I updated the AccessDTV software itself. I tried to load it, and this time it said something about not being able to find the card, and to try rebooting. I rebooted, and the same problem again.. lockup. The AccessDTV software locks the computer every time I try to bring it up.

I even tried reinstalling the DirectX again, but still the same problem.

I am running on an HP Pavillion computer which DOES NOT have the VIA chipset.

Anyone else run across this problem before? Solutions? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

See less See more
#2 ·
Bumping you back to the top so that someone will see this, Sean. Unfortunately I have no suggestions to offer. Horror stories like this are what is keeping me from upgrading my accessDTV card to the new software version. I have actually had to reinstall the entire O/S at least twice on earlier versions of the software before I got everything right; hopefully someone brighter than I will come up with a fix that won't require you to do that as well.

------------------

Scott Gammans
DFAST is EVIL! BOYCOTT ANTI-CONSUMER 5C/DVI/HDCP MANUFACTURERS!
The Scooterplex Cinema 1

[This message has been edited by Scott Gammans (edited 09-08-2001).]

#3 ·
I assume you are using Win 98 or ME?

Are both the drivers loaded as instructed by AccessTV instructions. They should be loaded first. I would put on DirectX before trying to load AccessTV. Uninstall drivers and AccessTV software. Then load DirectX by itself and make sure that is not what is causing problem.

I download and installed DirectX via Windows update but should be same.

I loaded the software on two different Hard drives and had a lot more problems the second time. Go figure.(I changed from a 20G to 60 G) Interrupts are tricky on AccessTV and if you don't have that right it won't work.

My experience.

TBMike

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply TBMike...

I am running Windows ME. I initially loaded the drivers/software off the CD-ROM, and the install program took care of it. I then installed DirectX as they indicated I should do at the end of the install. After I installed DirectX it started locking up whenever I try to load the software.

I tried removing both the drivers and software, and reloading them but to no avail. I don't think I removed both and then installed the new drivers before installing the AccessDTV software again, though. I beleive I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, and then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AccessDTV software. I'll try removing them both at the same time and then try instlaling the drivers before the software.

Regarding interrupts, I moved the card to 3 different slots on the motherboard so that different interrupts would get assigned each time. Made no difference, though.

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.