I've got the RCA MM36100 (36" 4:3 ratio) but my book never says anything about what it can display in HDTV but it does say that the resolution for the VGA is 640x480 @ 72hz and 800x600 @ 60hz max. It has component in, the standard HDTV in, and a VGA in.
I've got a 8500DV and a touch sensitive (serial) LCD by Sceptre/ELO. I want to use the TV for viewing everything (games and movies) and the LCD to control everything.
I've since concluded that the 8500DV won't give me the quality that I want by itself, so I'm going to run the 8500DV to the VGA in on the TV and then install a cheap PCI video card and have it run the LCD.
This is what I need help on:
1. Do you see any problems with this?
2. Do you have any recommendations for the PCI video card?
3. What software would you use other than MMC?
4. Do you have any settings that you could share for the best quality?
5. What are the best settings for the video capture and PVR capabilities?
6. Are there any other issues or recommendations that I should be aware of?