audio editing problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-05-2003, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
gbr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
this seems highly off topic to me but i am told by the avs forum administrator that this is the best forum to try in. how about a forum for audio and/or video editing software.

i've had soundforge v5 on my system for 1-2 years and about once every 6 months i do some very simple audio editing with it, eg trimming an mp3. meanwhile i install and uninstall lots of other software. i went to use soundforge recently and discovered that i cannot PLAY anything. i can open files, save files, edit files, etc but i cannot play them to see what it sounds like within soundforge. if i select "play" nothing at all happens, the cursor does not move through the file. sound otherwise works fine with all me other types of programs (i can play the edited sound files with other programs). since i cannot get tech support for soundforge now that it's been sold to sony, i thought - why not buy a cheaper simpler sound editing program since i obviously don't need that much program. so i downloaded the soundeditpro demo. guess what, it won't play. same thing exactly. then for other reasons, i downloaded the demo of vega video to try it out, it won't play either - same problem. it seems something has occurred to prevent the playback function in any audio or video editing program. win2ksp4 - other details available of course.

anybody seem amything like this or better yet know how to fix i? thanks.
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page