Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 4207 Old 04-24-2004, 11:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
"Generally, I think that the bug would be a rare occurrence."

Brian, evidently Bro. Joseph nests his folders more deeply than most of us.

Joseph, perhaps you'd benefit by using some SUBST definitions for your folders to shorten path lengths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 4207 Old 04-25-2004, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Joseph S
Filepath char limit instant crash bug remains in 1.6.3 release.

This says it all regarding the product.

If an 'esoteric' bug like that is all folks are finding then that means the MYHD is ready for the Best Buy type buyer.

Great job Cliff and thanks for your persistence with getting a great product useful for the mainstream folks.

I sure wish my $1000 DISH 921 worked as well as the MYHD.
The 921 crashed and rebooted in the middle of watching a movie last night and a movie in the PVR list that said it was 108 minutes long was never even recorded.

Sound familiar

BTW, because the 921 is so buggy with OTA braodcasts and does not even have a program guide, I use MYHD for ALL of my OTA viewing.

The folks that are stuck using the 921 for OTA as well as Satellite are REALLY having fits with crashes,etc.

Echostar should have contracted the development of the 921 to MIT.

Joe
post #633 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 10:15 AM

Liked: 11
With 1.6.3 I am still getting sound dropouts every few minutes when replaying recordings. The sound is going out through SPDIF.

As previously, the recorded files are fine, the problem is in the playback itself. Fo example after a sound dropout if I rewind 10 seconds I hear everything fine.

DWAnderson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #634 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 10:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

1) What motherboard chipset are you using?

2) Do you also get video breakups at the same time?

3) Do you have DMA enabled for the hard drive?

4) Have you tried sending audio out of the soundcard S/PDIF?

5) Do you get drop outs on all recorded video formats (1080i and 720p)?
post #635 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:

THX is not an audio format.

Would it have made more sense if I had used the term 7.1 instead of THX? (RE: 7.1, I've teen told all that is is 6.1, with 2 back channels playing the same thing).

At any rate, converting to WAVE, based on the response earlier in this thread, and passing out the motherboard's SPDIF doesn't lose the multi channel capability. That's what I was wanting to hear.

I had read a thread some time ago from someone saying "Playing through my HTPC, the multi-channel is not as active". He was speaking about an xCard/PDI combo. A little further discussion on the tread, he said it is still multi-channel, just not as active.

Thanks
Roger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #636 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Ewingr
Would it have made more sense if I had used the term 7.1 instead of THX? (RE: 7.1, I've teen told all that is is 6.1, with 2 back channels playing the same thing).

You might be thinking of the DD EX 6.1 or DTS ES 6.1 audio formats, which are available on DVD. Both 5.1 and 6.1 audio formats can be processed in a receiver or pre/pro to give 7.1 playback.

I think what you are really asking is whether the audio is passed to the soundcard without undergoing kmixer mangling when using the Wave/SPDIF option. As far as I can tell, kmixer is bypassed in that configuration, because otherwise the DD or DTS would be corrupted to the point that it could not be decoded. The other indication of the kmixer bypass is that when I am using the analog A/V inputs on the MyHD card and outputting the sound over Wave/SPDIF, the Windows volume control does not affect the SPDIF volume going to the receiver.

Brian

Hook 'em Horns! 2005 National Champions!
post #637 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 11:36 AM

I tried the 1.6.3 s/w yesterday and found that I can listen to live TV with no sound issues, but when I play a recorded file, the sound is totally broken up. If I set the output to WAVE/Stereo, the sound is OK but delayed by about 1/2 second.

I went back to my last version (app/driver, 1.6.2/1.6.1 I believe) and all was well again.

I've got a Intel P4 with no Hyper-threading. ASUS MB, M-Audio Delta DIO with MyHD output set to WAVE/SPDIF.

Anyone else seeing a recorded file only issue with the sound.

Mike
post #638 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 12:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mike,

Does the audio drop out if you use the S/PDIF connector on the MyHD card? The Delta DiO card could be a problem with the bad driver support from M Audio.
post #639 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 01:12 PM

Cliff, you've probably covered this before, but why can't you select an .ifo file from within the app? I can double click on an ifo file after the install ask to be associated with them.

Also, would it be possible for MIT to add the ability for the app to see changes to a folder and auto add compatible files to the playlist.
post #640 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 01:37 PM

Cliff,

I haven't tried using the MyHD SPDIF port (not easy to reconfigure and don't have enough ports).

I find it interesting that it's only on the recorded files and not on the live feed. Also, the previous release works just fine. I'm really hoping I don't have to start messing with the M-Audio drivers again. It took me quite awhile to get both TheaterTek and MyHD working.

Mike
post #641 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by ashman5
Cliff, you've probably covered this before, but why can't you select an .ifo file from within the app? I can double click on an ifo file after the install ask to be associated with them.

Also, would it be possible for MIT to add the ability for the app to see changes to a folder and auto add compatible files to the playlist.

What do you mean "can't you select an IFO file from within the app"? Do you mean from the file play list or the open files window?

From the Open File dialog you use the menu drop down to select DVD which will show VOB and IFO files.

MyHD does not use a search feature for files. The file list is stored in the registry and would require alot of work for your request.
post #642 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cliff Watson
What do you mean "can't you select an IFO file from within the app"? Do you mean from the file play list or the open files window?

From the Open File dialog you use the menu drop down to select DVD which will show VOB and IFO files.

MyHD does not use a search feature for files. The file list is stored in the registry and would require alot of work for your request.

I think you need a DVD player installed in the local machine for this to happen (I could possibly be wrong). I'm currently ripping to HD on a remote machine. I'll try again when I get home.
post #643 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I think you need a DVD player installed in the local machine for this to happen (I could possibly be wrong). I'm currently ripping to HD on a remote machine. I'll try again when I get home.

Could be. I have a DVD drive installed in all my computers.
post #644 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
A WORD OF THANKS TO TEAM WATSON....

Taking a cue from JoeQ's post, I would like to thank Cliff and MIT engineers (unnamed but you know who you are M.K.!) and all who participated in the Beta development, a big salute on a great release.

I realize that most people will feel a product should be perfect from the get-go, but that just have not proven to be the out-of-box experience with most PC products. The complexity of HDTV card coupled with the state of HDTV broadcasting not being uniformly standard has made this a very daunting feat, and it has been a long long road. The MyHD would simply not have made it here without the patience, persistence, lost patience, more persistence, and very hard and dedicated team work between Cliff, MIT, and of course, the AVS Beta testers. I know first hand the amount of hours volunteered by Cliff has been more than enormous bordering on obsessive! My heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to you all!

post #645 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Could be. I have a DVD drive installed in all my computers.

The DVD option is greyed out when no DVD is installed...oh well.
post #646 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 04:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The DVD option is greyed out when no DVD is installed...oh well.

Did you click on the File Open button on the desktop Control Panel and then select DVD (*.VOB, *.IFO) from the dropdown menu?

You should be able select the ripped IFO file on a hard drive.
post #647 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Did you click on the File Open button on the desktop Control Panel and then select DVD (*.VOB, *.IFO) from the dropdown menu?

You should be able select the ripped IFO file on a hard drive.

Hey, that works! Now why wouldn't the ifo's be available in the playlists setup. I'm guessing that it may be a "grey" area for MIT.
post #648 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 06:24 PM

Cliff,
I just checked the 1.63 update and an old bug I reported to them a long time ago still exists. Could you check if this is on the next list to be fixed?

An easy way to recreate the bug is to set up an analog capture for S-video input followed by another one. The result is that when the first one comes up MyHD selects the S-video input correctly and starts recording as it should. When the second time comes up it selects D00-0 as the input and starts recording (blank recording). It looks like it happens on analog channels as well as S-video input.

If more detail is required I can dig up the old bug report I sent them.

Thanks in advance!
Bill
post #649 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Bill,

I indicated in the beta thread that this would be fixed in the next beta after getting a stable version released.
post #650 of 4207 Old 04-26-2004, 07:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Hey, that works! Now why wouldn't the ifo's be available in the playlists setup. I'm guessing that it may be a "grey" area for MIT.

It is a gray area for Koreans. They can't understand why we don't just play the DVD from the little plastic thing.

For the next version I'll try to get MIT to allow ripped DVD folders be added to the playlist. That way you can rip a DVD with the menu required VIDEO_TS.IFO file and MyHD would be able to play a DVD from the folder.
post #651 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 03:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I think I found another small bug? If you de-select the option to play numerical ordered files, you cannot turn it back on.... you can check the box, but only the first file plays.... I looked in the registry, but I can't seem to find an obviously named key....

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #652 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 05:01 AM

What Ms. Kei Clark said! I've said it before and I'll say it again - great work MitInc engrs and much thanks to Cliff! New subject: is this already on the list for a future s/w release (or have I missed it in the current one): When using an external (non-MyHD) remote, when programming the MyIRC to work with different codes - how about the ability to save the codes to a file so that when we upgrade s/w we can import the file and have our same codes back. Same concept (I think) as the channel list? Thanks again everyone!
post #653 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Bill,

I indicated in the beta thread that this would be fixed in the next beta after getting a stable version released.

Excellent - thanks... I've been away for a while so I have some catching up to do - didn't even realize there was a beta thread!! I have since found the thread, but so far have been unable to find any discussion about this specific bug in scheduled analog recordings. Any pointer would be appreciated - my own searches for "analog", "capture", "recording" and "D00" did not find what I was looking for.

thanks and regards,
Bill
post #654 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Bill,

That is not the only bug with S-Video input that we have to work on. You can take my word for it that work will be done because I'm not going to waste my time looking for the post.
post #655 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Cliff.... Did you see my post about unchecking the play sequential files option?

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #656 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by jimwhite
Cliff.... Did you see my post about unchecking the play sequential files option?

I did but have not had time to check it yet.
post #657 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 11:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Originally posted by jimwhite

Jim,

I just checked file sequence problem you reported and don't have a problem on my computers.
post #658 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmmmmm..... Thanks to Ghost, I was able to recover.... I'm reluctant to try again Thanks for the look....

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #659 of 4207 Old 04-27-2004, 05:03 PM

"Crawler" Search seems to be just showing results for this month at the moment, so I figure I'll ask in case someone has either an answer or a bookmark to an older thread handy.

I've asked before about DVD playback over DVI, and have just gotten the DVI daughtercard to give it a look-see for myself after being dissappointed by the LG-3510a. Playback is to a HLN567 DLP RPTV at 720p.

I've done some preliminary calibration using the previously-linked TS patterns and DVE, and ran a few discs through to see what I thought. I like the overall color, and non-moving shots without hard straight lines look pretty good, but once stuff starts moving, edges (like faces, arms) start stairstepping quite noticeably. With title credits or thin-ish straight lines that are otherwise still, it's also apparent. The "Monster's Inc. Hair" test makes a very strong demonstration of the artifacting.

At the moment, my only frame of reference for comparison are the aforementioned 3510a and my original Sam. HD931. So far the 931 is winning, mainly because of this edge issue (and the 931 adds excessive EE!). OTHA, the MyHD is better than the 3510a (which not only has worse edges, but is blotchy and combs like heck). I don't have a decent DVI VGA card yet so I haven't tried the ffdshow route to compare.

So my question is (finally getting to the point): Is there any tweaking I can do to minimize/eliminate it? Is anyone else even experiencing it, and if not, would my powersupply be a possible culprit? (Ecube barebones SFF box; I get a lot of rolling diagonal interference with the MyHD's analog tuning & Svid that I suspect is due to the powersupply)

- Cinema, soapbox, music & musings
post #660 of 4207 Old 04-28-2004, 03:10 AM

Good morning Fellini8.5 - Can you post a screen shot? I don't think I see what you are seeing. Is this over DVI? At what resolution? Are you viewing in HD mode (picture from MyHD card) or are you viewing in windowed mode (over pci bus through video card through passthrough)? Windowed mode is not best picture, best picture is direct from MyHD via the "HD" mode.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page