Originally posted by mshan
Are the complaints about the ATI HDTV Wonder centered around buggy software (which presumably will eventually be fixed) or are there intrinsic problems with the hardware itself?
Also, how good is the OTA HDTV and OTA digital SDTV reception with this card, using the included "Silver Sensor" VHF/HDTV antenna? (I currently have a Leadkte Winfast 2000XP Deluxe, which I use with an amplified OTA antenna)
My observation would be :
1) the antenna--> the better antenna seems to have less problem.
2) the installation-->clean installation seems to be better.
3) don't expect to multitask, all the video capture device are resource hogs.
4) the output, if you can match the screen with the station ie 480i, 720p, 1080i looks like there is less effort for the card to output the video to the monitor, ie you really need the HDTV monitor to appreciate this , although it is not necessary.
5) the SD 480i PQ is far superior than watching it on analog TV counter part absolutely.
6) just in my opinion, I don't think there is anything wrong with the hardware itself, if we use it like it was intended to be, unfortunately, most of us just install this card on to the PC where most of the resource is nearly on the edge, it would be tough to get it to work uniformly that way.
Again it's just my 2 cents.
I am very happy with the card. I would not trade mine for myHD, not yet anyway.