post #811 of 2239 Old 06-12-2005, 03:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo View Post

I tried running my ts file through MPEG@REPAIR. NVE still will not insert it or any other file with a ts or tp extension.

I'm wondering if I am missing a codec that Nero needs for a direct ts file insertion. I noticed that Nero's Info Tool makes note of the fact that I have PowerDVD 5 installed. I don't know why that would be important to Nero (possibly for Nero Showtime?). Anyone who has successfully inserted a ts file directly into NVE care to comment (TPeterson)?

I still don't know what the "magic" is. I found that I was using NVE 3.1.0.0, so I updated to 3.1.0.7 and don't see any ill effects. I tried inserting a number of TP files, both OTA and QAM, and the only one that failed was one that I know to have continuity errors. Changing that file's extension to .MPG had no effect on its insertability. Nero's information tool does not report PowerDVD or WinDVD amongst the video codecs, although I do have WinDVD 4 installed on that machine, as well as several other players.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 2239 Old 06-12-2005, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

I still don't know what the "magic" is. I found that I was using NVE 3.1.0.0, so I updated to 3.1.0.7 and don't see any ill effects. I tried inserting a number of TP files, both OTA and QAM, and the only one that failed was one that I know to have continuity errors. Changing that file's extension to .MPG had no effect on its insertability. Nero's information tool does not report PowerDVD or WinDVD amongst the video codecs, although I do have WinDVD 4 installed on that machine, as well as several other players.

Thanks for checking. I just sent a note to Ahead tech support. I'll post their answer if I get one. Having seen this mystery discussed in several forums with no solution, I'm not very optimistic.
post #813 of 2239 Old 06-13-2005, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Could you clarify this statement? From your next sentence it sounds as though your sync issues are actually not with TS files (which is rare) but with subsequently edited/converted files (which is not rare, and is the main reason that I usually just stay with TS files or use Nero Video Express to make STB DVD).

I reencode ts files using WMV/Xvid/Divx and I am plaqued by audio sync issues. I don't cut the files I just join them using H2. I then run them through mpeg2repair. I then either use AutoGK or demux using DGIndex and then encode through VDM. I can't say when but at some point I found that I could not get a file to encode without sync problems (gradually out of sync so that by the end of the movie it is unwatchable). A gentleman on another forum has observed that this problem seemed to start after H2 1.07. I am not an expert but I have noticed that others also seem to be experiencing this.

Why reencode? I want to archive to a single DVDR or DVDR DL.
post #814 of 2239 Old 06-16-2005, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I use ProjectX (modded for 59.94fps since that is the framerate my broadcasters use here) to demux my TS to mpv and AC3 to prep for xvid encoding. I use it on TS edited with H2. The special thing ProjectX does is that it adds in exactly the amount of audio necessary to ensure the audio and video stay in sync in the resulting mpv and AC3 files. It only misses one spot in the entire recording.. and that's a +.125s at the beginning. Since I usually convert the AC3 to WAV, I use Soundforge to add in .125s of silence at the start of the audio. So basically use ProjectX if you are cutting with H2 and your files will be prepped and sync-friendly in your xvid encode. I got the modded ProjectX somewhere on this board a long time ago. You need JVM on your machine to run the .JAR file it comes as, but the program works nice.. I just wish when it added in audio ms to keep sync that it wouldn't use audio from inside the clip because it causes a 'Linkin Park'-type of reverb effect wherever audio was added in. I use the ProjectX log and reference the timecodes with the WAV in Soundforge and mute those areas.
post #815 of 2239 Old 06-21-2005, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Terry,

I just noticed that NVE 3.1.0.11 is out. While I have not had much of a chance to test it yet, it did seem to accept several .tp files that the previous version would not accept.

-Dave
post #816 of 2239 Old 06-21-2005, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Dave, thanks for the heads-up. Maybe this version will work better for some of those people who've not been able to insert TS into previous ones. I'll take a look and see if it also handles files with CE better.
post #817 of 2239 Old 06-22-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Dave, thanks for the heads-up. Maybe this version will work better for some of those people who've not been able to insert TS into previous ones. I'll take a look and see if it also handles files with CE better.

I just installed NVE 3.1.0.11. No change for me. I still get the "Unable to insert" message when I try to drop in any TS or TP files.

I did hear back from Ahead (Nero). Following is their response: "If your capture card/ your software supports it, please try to capture the file as a "DVD compatible video /DVD standard" if possible. The .ts / .tp filetype is not supported by Nero that´s why you can´t choose/add it via "All supported files".

I think the real problem with the H2 edited MyHD TP file which I saved as a TS file is that H2 did not correctly shorten the timeline from its original length. If I simply rename the edited TS file to an MPG extension and drop it into NVE, NVE sees the original unedited runtime (not the shortened runtime of the edited version). The problem with the timeline length is not what it keeping me from dropping the TS file into NVE but I suspect it is what is causing the audio sync problem when I simply rename the edited TS to MPG, drop it into NVE, and convert it to DVD format. The audio sync problem goes away if I run the edited TS file thru H2's MPEG converter before dropping it into NVE.
post #818 of 2239 Old 07-15-2005, 01:35 PM

Hello

I feel like a stranger coming into the middle of the party... if I shouldn( be here, just let me know.

I'ver been trying to convert a .TS file into either another .TS or MPEG unsing the version 1.11 beta3, with I guess every single option suggested... no luck, the audio is never there.

I can play the original TS fle easily with Videolan.

I'm obviously doing soething wrong, but after 2 weeks, short of giving up, I'm not too sure what else I can do

Any suggestion ?

Tks

Arcade in Paris
post #819 of 2239 Old 07-15-2005, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Arcade, are you saying that the audio is missing even when you select .ts output? If so, then you must be doing "something wrong". There are several reasons for the audio not to play in "converted" MPEG H2 output (not all of which I even recall) but I've never seen it go astray in transport stream output. Do you see both a video and an audio PID selected for the output?
post #820 of 2239 Old 07-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcadeParis View Post

I'ver been trying to convert a .TS file into either another .TS or MPEG unsing the version 1.11 beta3, with I guess every single option suggested... no luck, the audio is never there.

I can play the original TS fle easily with Videolan.

I had the same thing happen to several HD captures, either the audio or video would not play. In my case, I discovered that a few minutes after I had started recording, either the Video PID or the Audio PID changed right at the actual start of the movie. From that point on, H2 was hosed. I finally got H2 to work by doing the following.

1. Ran the capture thru TSReader Lite to get the PIDs that were active during the actual movie, not the ones that were active when the recording started.
2. Ran the capture thru TSTOATSC using the PIDs discovered in TSReader Lite.
3. Processed the output of TSTOATSC with H2.

Everything worked fine after that.

Worked for me, YMMV...

John R. Nelson
post #821 of 2239 Old 07-15-2005, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

John--

Thanks, I hadn't been thinking that Arcade's problem was literally with a single .TS, but re-reading the post I see that you're probably right. And, now that you mention it, I also remember seeing a 256QAM-source file that had a PID shuffle at a program start. H2 was indeed hosed and I think that I finally solved the problem in the same way that you did. It's not elegant, but it works.

Cris--

I wonder if H2 could check the PAT/PMT periodically through a file to discover these PID discontinuities on its own?
post #822 of 2239 Old 07-15-2005, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I wonder if H2 could check the PAT/PMT periodically through a file to discover these PID discontinuities on its own?

I wrote an utility (PRM.exe) that does that and outputs a clean file with only one set of PIDs.

Anybody who wants it can PM me with their e-mail.

Robert
post #823 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 02:02 AM

I have a similar problem when I use my R5000 modded dish6000 to capture .TS files to my harddrive. It works great if I'm capturing a high def program but if I capture off one of the low def channels, my video is on pid 11 and audio shows 0x0 and it is difficult to find a program that plays the audio to go with the video. There is one machine in my house that zoomplayer will play both audio and video on these files. Will one of these programs mentioned be useful in my case?

Thanks,
Paul
post #824 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 04:02 AM

Thank you all for pitching in...

To answer the various questions: yes, I have this problem with a single .TS file, trying to output to TS

H2 was able to succesfully join all files (but no audio) so I figured if I can solve it on one file, I will be able to apply the solution to all.

I tried TS Reader lite: it tells me the PIDs are
PMT PID 256 (0x0100) - Program 258
Active PIDs are 0x0000, 0x0080, 0x0081, 0x0100, 0x00e0 (whatever that means)

If that can help, strangely enough, both VLC and TSReader are telling me the langage is deutch... but the file plays in french (which is what I want by the way)

I downloaded TSTOATSC, but I'm not sure I know how to use it... not for the average chap this thing !

When I load H2, and add the TS file to convert, I get the choice between 2 channels (NONAME 0.1, NONAME 0.2), As I said yesterday, I tried each combination, all with the same result.

I feel like a total idiot here...

I asked ROBENA for his program... I'll give it a shot

Stay tuned..

Arcade in Paris
post #825 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 07:59 AM

Quote:

I tried TS Reader lite: it tells me the PIDs are
PMT PID 256 (0x0100) - Program 258
Active PIDs are 0x0000, 0x0080, 0x0081, 0x0100, 0x00e0 (whatever that means)

If that can help, strangely enough, both VLC and TSReader are telling me the langage is deutch... but the file plays in french (which is what I want by the way)

I downloaded TSTOATSC, but I'm not sure I know how to use it... not for the average chap this thing !Arcade in Paris

Ok, now that you know the PIDs in the .ts, you need to figure out which 2 of the PIDs have the audio and the video you want and then have TSTOATSC extract just those two. When you ran TSReader, in the window that shows active PIDS as a bar graph, note the bit rate for each PID, and how much is being accumulated in that PID. The one with the highest bit rate (10mbps) or so will be your video. You should have also see one or more PIDS with much lower bit rates (386.65 kbps) or so. This would be your audio. So roll the dice and pick a video PID and a audio PID. Now you want TSTOATSC to extract 1 video PID and 1 audio PID. The easiest way to do that is to:

1. Create a folder to work in. (C:\\Work)
2. copy the latest version of TSTOATSC to C:\\work
3. copy your problem.ts file to c:\\work
3. open a CMD window
4. then CD C:\\work
5. Pick your pids. lets say 80 is the vdeo pid, and 81 is the audio pid.
6. at the cmd prompt type
----- tstoatsc problem.ts fixed.ts 0080 0081
If you have spaces in the file names, you must put quotes around the file names"

Try out the "fixed.ts" file, if you got the right language, great, if not try the next audio pid.

John R. Nelson
post #826 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 12:53 PM

Jogn

Did all that...

The Pid with higher rate is 0x00e0; others are 0080 and 0081 (the other 2 are much much smaller)

So I did as you said.

Running TSTOASTC, I get a mesg box saying "Run time failure #3 'The variable last_good_output_packet_diff' is being used without being defined"

In the command box, the error mg is "unmarked discontinuity in output file no. 0, packet no. 0,

Now, I know what you're gonne say (I'd say the same thing): "Gotcha ! The input file is corrupted !"

Nice try, but...

ROBENA sent me his little programs today... they work great.

Let me summarize:

- I can read the original file ok with VLC
- One of ROBENA's program will generate the same errors as TSTOASTC, the other works flawlessly
- In all cases, I can output .TS files that are readable by VLC
- Even better, I can run those TS file trough H2 and obtain TS files with audio (not sure why I need to convert TS to TS, but...)
- When I try to use H2 to convert to MPEG, the file has no audio nor no video... Robert tells me it's an unsupported feature... (then the name of the soft needs to be changed..; oops, sorry I'm being nasty)

I have another problem: my wife thinks I spend too much time on this computer and getting no results... if anybody has a program to fix wives, please let me know (sh... I'm being nasty again !)

Gone to shoot myself...

Arcade in Paris
post #827 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have another problem: my wife thinks I spend too much time on this computer and getting no results... if anybody has a program to fix wives, please let me know (sh... I'm being nasty again !)

Well, you *could* upgrade your wife, but it's not always painless.

See, last year, a friend upgraded his GirlFriend3.1 to GirlFriendPlus1.0 (marketing name: Fiancee1.0). Recently he upgraded Fiancee1.0 to Wife1.0 and it's a memory hogger, has taken all his space; and Wife1.0 must be running before he can do anything. Although he didn't ask for them, Wife1.0 came with Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw and BrotherInLaw.

Some features I'd like to see in the upcoming GirlFriend4.0...

- A "Don't remind me again" button

- Minimize button

- Shutdown feature

- An installshield feature so that Girlfriend4.0 can be completely uninstalled if so desired (so you don't lose cache and other objects)

- "Abort" button (O.K. that one's pretty bad - but had to say it)

I tried running Girlfriend 2.0 with Girlfriend 1.0 still installed, they tried using the same I/O port and conflicted.
Then I tried to uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 but it didn't have an uninstall program. I tried to unstall it by hand, but it put files in my system directory.
Another thing that sucks -- in all versions of Girlfriend that I've used is that it is totally "object orientated" and only supports hardware with gold plated contacts.

***** BUG WARNING ********

Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

Robert
post #828 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 03:30 PM

Arcade,

Glad you found a solution. With everything that can get corrupted, it's amazing that anything works at all!!

John R. Nelson
post #829 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 04:50 PM
mdv
AVS Special Member

Robena, this was great! I haven't laughed out loud on AVSForum in a while. Mind if I make a copy of it for a few friends?

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post

Well, you *could* upgrade your wife, but it's not always painless.

See, last year, a friend upgraded his GirlFriend3.1 to GirlFriendPlus1.0 (marketing name: Fiancee1.0). Recently he upgraded Fiancee1.0 to Wife1.0 and it's a memory hogger, has taken all his space; and Wife1.0 must be running before he can do anything. Although he didn't ask for them, Wife1.0 came with Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw and BrotherInLaw.

Some features I'd like to see in the upcoming GirlFriend4.0...

- A "Don't remind me again" button

- Minimize button

- Shutdown feature

- An installshield feature so that Girlfriend4.0 can be completely uninstalled if so desired (so you don't lose cache and other objects)

- "Abort" button (O.K. that one's pretty bad - but had to say it)

I tried running Girlfriend 2.0 with Girlfriend 1.0 still installed, they tried using the same I/O port and conflicted.
Then I tried to uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 but it didn't have an uninstall program. I tried to unstall it by hand, but it put files in my system directory.
Another thing that sucks -- in all versions of Girlfriend that I've used is that it is totally "object orientated" and only supports hardware with gold plated contacts.

***** BUG WARNING ********

Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

post #830 of 2239 Old 07-16-2005, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv View Post

Robena, this was great! I haven't laughed out loud on AVSForum in a while. Mind if I make a copy of it for a few friends?

No problem, I did not write that myself!

Robert
post #831 of 2239 Old 07-17-2005, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Nelson View Post

Arcade,

Glad you found a solution. With everything that can get corrupted, it's amazing that anything works at all!!

John

Given the whole reason to use H2 was to convert to MPEG and I can't do that, I wouldn't say I found a solution...

Arcade in Paris
post #832 of 2239 Old 07-17-2005, 12:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Why do you want an MPEG? Unless you downrez it--and H2 doesn't do that either--you'll have just as big a file as the TS, so what's the point?
post #833 of 2239 Old 07-17-2005, 01:37 AM

John

Actually, that's my plan. I have a soft to do that (even purchased it - what an idiot !) FXMPEG PRO; unfortunately, that soft requires MPEG as input.

Right now I'm trying Project X and Womble's wizard..; see if that will make me move forward.

Stay tuned

Arcade in Paris
post #834 of 2239 Old 07-17-2005, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
If you want to convert a TS to MPEG, give VideoReDo a try.
post #835 of 2239 Old 07-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Advanced Member

This is my favorite small program. Thanks again!

One thing that would make it *so* much more powerful, for me at least, would be a frame-by-frame step through the file, rather than just keyframes. This would make removing corrupted frames very easy and also starting and ending the file exactly where one wants to (sometimes one frame one way or the other can be the difference between a nasty audio spike and things being just perfect).

If this is possible, I thank you in advance!

My Blog - Ask Toy Tech
post #836 of 2239 Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Arcade--

The simplest (one step!) TS to STB-DVD-type downrezzed VOB path that I know of is Nero's Video Express 3. Although it doesn't officially support TS, it seems to work with most of them. (Some have posted here that they need to change the .tp or .ts file name to .mpg, but I've not found that to be needed on my systems)
post #837 of 2239 Old 07-21-2005, 04:48 AM

I finally made it...man, what a task !

For all of you folks who pitched in with me, here's how I was finally able to do it:

1. Run each TS file throught Rebena's PRM utility
2. Join all TS files with H2
3. Convert TS to MPG with H2
4. Downrez with FXMPEG

Strnagelly enough, I don't get the same behaviour if I process a single TS file or the joined ones... sometimes I need to run it through Videoredo.

I didn't try with Nero Express 3, I'll probably give it a shot...

But in a nutchell, complete success on my side. Thanks a bunch to you all

Arcade in Paris
post #838 of 2239 Old 07-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Arcade--

The simplest (one step!) TS to STB-DVD-type downrezzed VOB path that I know of is Nero's Video Express 3. Although it doesn't officially support TS, it seems to work with most of them. (Some have posted here that they need to change the .tp or .ts file name to .mpg, but I've not found that to be needed on my systems)

NVE 3 recognizes the TS for me as well, but I was going to burn a couple DVDs to save HD space. I had a couple hours worth of material, and when I started the conversion process it clocked, and said it would take somthing like 30 hours to complete. Is this normal for 4 hours of TS? I have a Sempron 2800+ with 756MB RAM...blah blah blah...
post #839 of 2239 Old 07-21-2005, 08:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterno3 View Post

NVE 3 recognizes the TS for me as well, but I was going to burn a couple DVDs to save HD space. I had a couple hours worth of material, and when I started the conversion process it clocked, and said it would take somthing like 30 hours to complete. Is this normal for 4 hours of TS? I have a Sempron 2800+ with 756MB RAM...blah blah blah...

Yes, that's one reason that I prefer simply to burn the TS to DVD. It would actually take less than the estimated 30 hours, but not by much--and in the end, you're left with a simple DVD-rez version of the beautiful HD original. Ugh.
post #840 of 2239 Old 07-22-2005, 10:32 PM

I'm trying to edit out the commercials from a ts file. However apparently you can only do "begin include" on certain frames and unfortunately this frame doesn't occur until I'm already into the next scene following the commercial so my only option is to include part of the commercial or cut out part of the show. Anyway around this?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page