Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Originally posted by gnollo
For those who wished to play ts files using MCE it can be done:
Use HDTVPUMP (in the Faq now).
Now how do I open a bin file with MCE?

You do not need to any special software for this. WMP 10 (with a decoder) is enough. Right click on any ts (or tp) file and select open with. Select windows media player from the list, select always open with this program checkbox and click ok (or use File--> Open from within Media Player) . The file opens in media player (with a warning). Check do not show this warning again checkbox and click ok to begin playing the file.

From then on you can include the folder(s) containing you ts (or tp) files in you 'My Videos; in MCE and it will seamlessly play like any other video material.
Enjoy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

Originally posted by smodak
You do not need to any special software for this. WMP 10 (with a decoder) is enough. Right click on any ts (or tp) file and select open with. Select windows media player from the list, select always open with this program checkbox and click ok (or use File--> Open from within Media Player) . The file opens in media player (with a warning). Check do not show this warning again checkbox and click ok to begin playing the file.

From then on you can include the folder(s) containing you ts (or tp) files in you 'My Videos; in MCE and it will seamlessly play like any other video material.
Enjoy!!

Interesting. Have other people had luck with this? I cannot see any TS file even as an option to open in MCE after doing this (though they will play okay in Media Player 10).

HDTVPump is the only solution I've seen that works consistently but the combination is still less stable than watching TS files in MediaPortal. And, of course, they all pale compoared with VLC.

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #453 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by CJO
You can use .bin files if you are using My Movies and have Daemon Tools loaded.

CJ

Tried it and
-it shows picture for about 40 seconds on each file
- with no sound
- fiddly to set up

I really like the structure of My Videos, and I would like to do what I am doing with the .ts files. I click and play.
I burned the VCD to disc and even playing back that is a pain!
VLC does not stretch correctly on my 1366x768 plasma.
ZP stutters like hell.
MCE crashes on it.
Nstantmedia doesnt resize
BS Player would not show the picture.
Mplayer would get stuck when displaying the picture.
The only player I was able to use succesfully was the Core Media Player.

Member of the MWAM Liberation Front
;) DVDSlave ;(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/
/
post #454 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 01:36 PM
CJO
AVS Special Member

You can also do what I do and load them using Daemon Tools; browse to the loaded drive; copy the .dat file to your desktop; change the file name to something more descriptive and change the .dat to .mpg; move the file to your video folder.

CJ

PS- don't forget to unload the drive when you're done

coneilliv at aol dot com

(a bunch of good reference links and material in first 15 posts)
post #455 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nathan_h
Interesting. Have other people had luck with this? I cannot see any TS file even as an option to open in MCE after doing this (though they will play okay in Media Player 10).

Before I gave up, I got to the point where the .ts files would show up OK when browsing in MCE, but as soon as I tried to play one, I would see the first frame on the screen then nothing more. The system wouldn't hang or anything, just wouldn't play the file (the same .ts file played fine in WMP 10, nstantMedia, etc)

This is using a 9800pro with 5.1 cats and the .67 NVidia decoders.

-pischke
post #456 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I use Leadtek 6600GT AGP, NVIDIA decoder .67 and .71 version of forceware drivers and the .tp captures with mYHD MDP-120 play just fine .
post #457 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 02:43 PM

I have a panny plasma, a Samsung home theatre system, a cable box and my pc with MCE 2005.

Question: If I want to set up my MCE to be on my plasma, what connection to I have to have?

PC - Plasma

Or

PC - HT System

?
post #458 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

a) Firstly
Cable svideo out to capture card s video in or cable to tuner in
This way you can use Mce to record your programs for you.
b) then connect your PC to the plasma. I have a Panny plasma (50 inches 7UY) and use DVI. If you can't, use VGA. Last choice, in my book is composite. If you use svideo to Plasma connection to HTPC, you have bought the wrong plasma ;-)

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #459 of 1857 Old 02-07-2005, 04:43 PM

what i'm afraid of is that I have to have my pc go to the HT system AND the plasma. Do i have to do that?
post #460 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My HTPC video card DVI out is connected to the Plasma DVI in.
As I have a set of dedicated speakers (5.1) connected to a Denon AVR1705, I connected my soundcard outputs (6 analogue outs and one coaxial) to the amplifier.
When I play TV or other files with a stereo soundtrack, the Revolution uses Circle Surround II to provide a surround sound output.
When I am playing DVDs with DD and DTS, it outputs directly to coax, and the amplifier does the decoding.
Is that what you are afraid of?

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #461 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

BTW I found a player that
- plays bin files
- allows me to resize (zoom) to fill the 1366x768 resolution
ZP would just not work for me.
VLC does not have zoom as an option
So I tried Nero Show Time and it works. You have o select the area of the overlay you want to maximize and voila.

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #462 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 09:30 AM
ccd

ATI has updated drivers for the 9600 family which supports MCE. I have a 9600 Pro and will be able to confirm that the drivers work in a little while. I have other issues I'm confronting right now (bad tuner card).
post #463 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 01:04 PM

gnollo

Check the link for your Software Guide that is listed in your signature.

New Box: One Fusion 5 RT Gold and a Powercolor Theater 550 Pro in microBTX system
post #464 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks, corrected it as it has been archived now.

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #465 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 02:59 PM

i think so Gnollo. I just don't want to have two cables leaving my PC.

so...just to make sure,...all i need is one cable (dvi or whatever) from my pc to my plasma?
post #466 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For video, yup. How are you going to get the audio going?

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #467 of 1857 Old 02-08-2005, 05:07 PM

I looked in this thread, including the FAQ, but I didn't see any comments explaining how someone can get video plugged in to the "s-video in" on the back of an e-home wonder tv tuner card, in a computer running MCE 2005, to be seen on the computer monitor.

I recently bought my neices and nephews a full-tilt, loaded to the max Dell XPS computer that has Media Center Edition 2005, and an e-home wonder card from ATI. The Dell website is absolutely useless, and I am not going to even think of dealing with their "Customer Service" flunkies in India again. Also, the ATI.com website is useless, and they refuse to respond to my e-mails asking for instructions. I e-mailed them that I was sorry I paid through the nose foe an e-home wonder tv tuner card, and an absolute top-of-the-line X850XT PE video card. ATI customer service does not exist!!!!!

The main thing I want to do is to play Playstation 2 games on the computer monitor, by plugging the s-video out jack from the PS2 into either the e-home wonders s-video in jack, or the X850XT PE video-in video-out (VIVO) s-video jack. I tried both with no success. (The comp uses a 1905fp, which does not have s-video jacks on it).

Also I would like to run home videos from an analog video camera out through the s-video jack into one of the two previously mentioned s-video in jacks, to watch the video on the computer monitor.

I live 75 miles from this computer, so I have only tried to get it going once. Does anybody here on AVS Forum have any instructions, tips, pieces of information, theories, or wild guesses as to what to do to accomplish these goals? After all this computer is supposed to handle MULTIMEDIA. Well I wish Dell, ATI, and all of these companies selling this stuff would tell us how to accomplish "multmedia" !!!!!

Thanks, Larry
post #468 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

When you plug the cable in the S-Video In, you need to run the setup again. In MCE you go Settings/TV/Set up TV signal, and then select the S-Video in. A thumbnail should appear that shows you the signal from your capture card. Did you try that, or did you just plug in the s-video cable?

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #469 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 06:42 AM

Have any of you had problems with DVDs that try to install Interactual software?

I'm particularly having a hard time with Return of the King; whenever I select "Play DVD" an Interactual installer is shown. If I select to not install it, I'm kicked back to the media center menu.

I have AnyDVD installed and on all the other DVDs I've tried so far it's properly sent me straight to the DVD menu.

Have any of you seen this before? Is there a way around it? If I do install this Interactual crap, will the DVD work?

Thanks in advance for any help.
post #470 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Yeah, you have to change a registry entry to get rid of the Interactual player wanting to boot or install. I believe I found the instructions on The Green Button, you may want to look over there.

Best of luck.
post #471 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 09:13 AM

gnollo,

When I tried to run the set-up, there was no option for s-video. When I tried to set it up, the options for TV signal were over-the-air, cable, and satellite, as I remember. Unbelievably, there was no option for s-video! When I go out to work on that computer I will try it again. Thanks.
post #472 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Satellite is what you want. Somewhere it will ask you if you want to do it manual or automatic. Choose manual. Then choose S-Video.

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #473 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Also for those increasingly frustrated with the My Music module, my final suggestions, now that I managed to fix most covers
- make sure that all the folders contain a picture called folder.jpg (the cover)
- make sure that files are tagged properly (album name, author, and genre)
- make sure that in WMP10 you disable
a) in the Player tab "Connect to the Internet"
b) in Library tab any option under Automatic Media information update for files
c) in the Private tab "Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet"
So far It seems that if I disable those, Microsoft will just take the folder and cover structure as good and wont mess up my music. If anything changes I will report. So far I am displaying 250 albums with 250 covers. For the first time I must add.

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #474 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by derailed
Have any of you had problems with DVDs that try to install Interactual software?

I'm particularly having a hard time with Return of the King; whenever I select "Play DVD" an Interactual installer is shown. If I select to not install it, I'm kicked back to the media center menu.

I have AnyDVD installed and on all the other DVDs I've tried so far it's properly sent me straight to the DVD menu.

Have any of you seen this before? Is there a way around it? If I do install this Interactual crap, will the DVD work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://msmvps.com/chrisl/archive/2004/12/17/26159.aspx

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #475 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 09:58 AM

Thanks a lot, gnollo!

I'm going to try this out as soon as I'm off work.
post #476 of 1857 Old 02-09-2005, 11:12 AM

There's also a really great app for cover art available at TGB called Album Art Fixer, it's very good, and does not take too long to go through all albums and correct any issues. It works well as it will fix all "album artist" issues. Also the author is extremely helpful and responds usually within a day with troublshooting support.

fish

"someone dropped a steamer in the gene-pool, now angry mob mentality's no longer the exception it's the rule" - fat mike
post #477 of 1857 Old 02-10-2005, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Is there any sort of image-position control in MCE? For example, I like to position 2.35:1 movies at the bottom of the 16:9 screen.

TheaterTek, Zoom player, and anything that responds to YXY allow this kind of thing, but I cannot seem to find the option in MCE.

Build Thread:
post #478 of 1857 Old 02-10-2005, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Before I get flamed, I just want to say, I have read this entire thread....

Here is my setup:

ASUS V333 MB
1GB Memory
AMD XP 2400
Audigy 2 Platinum
ATI Radeon 9500 -- 128MB DDR
ATI HDTV Wonder

I did a fresh install of XP w/MCE 2005 and then applied all updates.
I installed the Audigy 2 software and then all driver updates for it.

In MCE it told me I didn't have a TV Tuner card and out of MCE I had
know applications to use my HD Card, so I installed the ATI drivers that
were put out yesterday along with the DV Decoder from the disc.

Now, I can watch HDTV with my tuner outside of MCE but MCE still tells
me I have no tuner card.

I "tried" to install the krams drivers. I downloaded them, went into the
zip file, pulled out the MCE driver folder and ran setup, but still nothing.

I don't mind reloading everything, if there is an order to the madness, if someone could tell me what I am missing.

Thanks!

There's Good TV, Better TV and DirecTV, but nothing beats a calibrated TV!!

post #479 of 1857 Old 02-10-2005, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by nathan_h
Is there any sort of image-position control in MCE? For example, I like to position 2.35:1 movies at the bottom of the 16:9 screen.

TheaterTek, Zoom player, and anything that responds to YXY allow this kind of thing, but I cannot seem to find the option in MCE.

No.

;) DVDSlave ;(

/

/
/
post #480 of 1857 Old 02-10-2005, 10:52 AM

Bill Schultz

I think you need a second TV tuner for standard definition OTA signals. The SD TV part of the ATI HDTV Wonder is not supported and will not work in WMC.

I have not tried the krams drivers, so I can't help you there.

New Box: One Fusion 5 RT Gold and a Powercolor Theater 550 Pro in microBTX system
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page