Hi, newb here! i've been wanting to get a HDTV tuner card for a year or so now and finally saved up to get one. I saw in compusa that the ati hdtv card was only 150 bux so i got it today and installed, picture was GREAT!
I used the regular silver sensor antenna that came with it, it was okay, then i tried my terk amplified antenna i used on my winfast 2000xp and got perfect reception.
Anyways, after fiddling with the software, i couldn't save and export anything, it just kept crashing!!! i hate it that it records on demand automatically, and that you have to use their stupid library manager to view the files. and software decoding is bad anyways. well enuff ranting, i already took out the card and returning it tommorow!
Now i want to make a good investment on a hdtv card, so i read about the MDP-130 and it sounds promising. I'm only using for OTA because i get pretty much 100% reception on the channels i want. Here are some questions:
1) For installation do i just plug into pci and install apps/drivers and set to go? or do i have to have buy some extra cables?
2) I see on Digital Connection its on preorder but read on the thread its shipping already, is that a mistake?
3) Does Digital connection provide FREE shipping, because copperbox is, but you all seem to know digi connection well and i want to help them make money
4) For those that have the MDP-130, what are your thoughts, does it take time to load the channels ( in noticed in the ATI it did, software decoding?). Is the hdtv/dtv viewing and recording stable?
5) What is the processor load for recording shows?
Well thats all i can think of right now. I hope i didn't scare you HDTV gurus from my 10 page post