MyHD MDP-130 - Page 192 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5731 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seems like TitanTV just changed the default lineup for digital premium channels - at least in my area, to hide the analog stations duplicated as digitals. Not hard to unhide but took me by surprise when I needed to remap some ADS channels and the analog was not available for use - and you can't use the digital as that is needed for the HD digital
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Install the 1.66.0.1 driver.

Maybe there is something else wrong, but this version did not work any better at switching between File and Antenna. In fact it was worst. I'm back at 1.65.
post #5733 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdemery View Post

Maybe there is something else wrong, but this version did not work any better at switching between File and Antenna. In fact it was worst. I'm back at 1.65.

Did you install the 1.66 application and then the updated driver? Nobody should be using app version 1.65, since 1.66 was released nearly 6 months ago!
post #5734 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 02:26 PM

I am a complete newbie and have read hundreds of posts here trying to find the min requirements to use the 130 for OTA HD recording/playing to my pioneer 53" over VGA. Their site says AMD/Intel 700 but to use software like Beyond TV 4 they say 1.6 I believe... I have an AMD 900 in my old PC and have purchased the myHD 130 (prior to reading about the beyond 4) and I'm wondering if I should start looking to buy a new mobo and chip, etc. I guess I was under the impression the 130 was basically the "magic bullet" and you wouldn't even need a "decent" PC... granted an AMD 900 might be less than decent in 2006...
post #5735 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawill View Post

I have a KP-51WS510 which is just the 51" version of the same RPTV. I have had it connected to a MDP-120 via the DVI daughtercard for about 2 years. I have had absolutely no problems. There was no special setup needed, I just plugged it in and it worked.

I also have a Dish 811 connected via component and S-video. In my opinion, the MDP-120 picture is easily superior to the Dish over component, but I don't know whether that is because of DVI vs. component or Dish vs. MDP-120.

Thank you for your reply. This has helped in my decision.
post #5736 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh2e View Post

I am a complete newbie and have read hundreds of posts here trying to find the min requirements to use the 130 for OTA HD recording/playing to my pioneer 53" over VGA. Their site says AMD/Intel 700 but to use software like Beyond TV 4 they say 1.6 I believe... I have an AMD 900 in my old PC and have purchased the myHD 130 (prior to reading about the beyond 4) and I'm wondering if I should start looking to buy a new mobo and chip, etc. I guess I was under the impression the 130 was basically the "magic bullet" and you wouldn't even need a "decent" PC... granted an AMD 900 might be less than decent in 2006...

Not sure why you're mentioning MDP-130 and BTV in the same message...they don't play together. Athlon 900 is indeed "enough" for using MDP-130 as long as you have HDD(s) that can do DMA I/O (and I'm unaware of any from the past 10 years or so that cannot).
post #5737 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:

I am a complete newbie and have read hundreds of posts here trying to find the min requirements to use the 130 for OTA HD recording/playing to my pioneer 53" over VGA.

I am using a 930 Mhz P3 Dell Optiplex GX110 with 256K memory and WinXP Pro. The MDP-130 works like a champ on both recording and playback to my Mits WS-55807 RPTV via the YPbPr component connection.

KC
post #5738 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

• HDTV2DVD: Free, works without audio synch issues, one file per DVD limitation.
  • SVCD2DVD: HDTV2DVD's big brother, $20 and you can have more than one show and menus.
You still need something to burn it (all these do is make some folders on your workstation). I couldn't get Nero Vision Express to work well for me. I Never tried VideoReDo. Never tried any of those demux/remux processes (too tedious). This is pretty much a no-brainer. Drag you tp file to resources, then into your 'movie', and click the start button. I uses the synch data inside of the transport stream to keep the audio correct. It uses ffmpeg under the covers. With SVCD2DVD, you can drag "too many" files (more than 4.7GB) and hit "autosize" and is all fits on a single DVD.

I'm Burnin'!

--Dale--
post #5739 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As long as the mobo supplies 3.3V on the PCI slot you should have a good chance of it working ...if it was an Intel board. Oh that ought to get me flamed.
Make sure you've got a good power supply and some newer 120G and larger hard drives. Not only will you need the space but the new hard drives have higher density and run much faster....and quieter.
post #5740 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Not sure why you're mentioning MDP-130 and BTV in the same message...they don't play together. Athlon 900 is indeed "enough" for using MDP-130 as long as you have HDD(s) that can do DMA I/O (and I'm unaware of any from the past 10 years or so that cannot).

after going back to BTV's site i guess you're right! not sure where i read that?!?!

well, on to my next question then, what would you suggest? (windows based)
post #5741 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

after going back to BTV's site i guess you're right! not sure where i read that?!?!

well, on to my next question then, what would you suggest? (windows based)

MYHD comes with its own application. There are no other applications. Is that what your asking?
post #5742 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post

Every few ts files, while fast forwarding or rewinding, the MyHD software will hang. The hang takes down the whole system requiring a warm reboot to return functionality. I'm using 1.66u.

Playback is perfect, the problem only happens with FF/Rew and I'm using the remote. I usually skip with the 4 and 6 keys on the remote.

I've tried to do some searches through the archives and can't find a reference to this particular problem. Could someone provide a pointer to an explanation? The files are about 2.5GB, so nothing extraordinary.

I too get a system lock up occasionally when I FF a HD .ts file recorded by my 120. Seems to always happen if I press the FF (6 key) 2 or 3 times. It is a timing think because if I press the remote FF slowly and more deliberately it fails less than if I hit the key quickly. Using Sempron 3500 on winxp sp2.

Happens often enought to be annoying - I'll check on drivers - but thought mine were very new (recent re-install)

HD_Hobbit
post #5743 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldet5 View Post

MYHD comes with its own application. There are no other applications. Is that what your asking?

is there something below a newbie? i guess i thought the myhd card would work with a bunch of different 3rd party sw.
post #5744 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

is there something below a newbie? i guess i thought the myhd card would work with a bunch of different 3rd party sw.

Na. It just takes a lot of reading in this forum to come up to speed. Plus you don't have it installed yet.

You need to double check that your mboard supplies 3.3V on the PCI slot. PCI 2.2 is a good indicator (or fact) but some PCI 2.1 boards still supply 3.3 volts.
post #5745 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Every few ts files, while fast forwarding or rewinding, the MyHD software will hang. The hang takes down the whole system requiring a warm reboot to return functionality. I'm using 1.66u.

Playback is perfect, the problem only happens with FF/Rew and I'm using the remote. I usually skip with the 4 and 6 keys on the remote.

I've tried to do some searches through the archives and can't find a reference to this particular problem. Could someone provide a pointer to an explanation? The files are about 2.5GB, so nothing extraordinary.

I wonder if crossing file boundaries would have something to do with it. Can you try setting a large file size like 10GB so that there would only be one file per 1 hour show?
post #5746 of 12503 Old 02-07-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Na. It just takes a lot of reading in this forum to come up to speed. Plus you don't have it installed yet.

You need to double check that your mboard supplies 3.3V on the PCI slot. PCI 2.2 is a good indicator (or fact) but some PCI 2.1 boards still supply 3.3 volts.

well, it's the GA-7ZXR by gigabyte and the pci is 2.2 according to their site... i guess we'll see what happens on thursday when it arrives! thanks for your help
post #5747 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member

Does anyone know if AVS is still running a group buy on the MDP-130? Thanks!
post #5748 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 03:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Hobbit View Post

I too get a system lock up occasionally when I FF a HD .ts file recorded by my 120. Seems to always happen if I press the FF (6 key) 2 or 3 times. It is a timing think because if I press the remote FF slowly and more deliberately it fails less than if I hit the key quickly. Using Sempron 3500 on winxp sp2.

Happens often enought to be annoying - I'll check on drivers - but thought mine were very new (recent re-install)

HD_Hobbit

While not really a solution I am wondering why you need to press 6 so many times. I have my jump set to 29 seconds so a 6 gives me about 4 minutes. I have my backward jump set to 9 seconds.
post #5749 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post

• HDTV2DVD: Free, works without audio synch issues, one file per DVD limitation.
  • SVCD2DVD: HDTV2DVD's big brother, $20 and you can have more than one show and menus.
You still need something to burn it (all these do is make some folders on your workstation). I couldn't get Nero Vision Express to work well for me. I Never tried VideoReDo. Never tried any of those demux/remux processes (too tedious). This is pretty much a no-brainer. Drag you tp file to resources, then into your 'movie', and click the start button. I uses the synch data inside of the transport stream to keep the audio correct. It uses ffmpeg under the covers. With SVCD2DVD, you can drag "too many" files (more than 4.7GB) and hit "autosize" and is all fits on a single DVD.

I'm Burnin'!

--Dale--

Dale,

How is the quality with HDTV2DVD? I hear it takes about 2hrs to convert a 1hr recording? Got any ideas on this? BTW, thanks for the input.
post #5750 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Did you install the 1.66 application and then the updated driver? Nobody should be using app version 1.65, since 1.66 was released nearly 6 months ago!

I will have to double check. I did it really quick. I have not heard anybody else complain about this so I'm wondering if I'm on an island all too myself. BTW, the problem is more evident when using the Remote.
post #5751 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Doing complex things "really quick" is actually a very good way to get yourself "on an island all too [yourself]" in the world of HTPCs.
post #5752 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 AM

Normally my myhd-100 is the best receiver in my lot of gadgets. Last night , for the first time, I noticed heavy pixelation ( on bright clear night) . I "T" the same OTA signal to the myhd and the STB (lg-4200), and saw no problems on the STB

Must be a computer problem I thought... but the computer had myhd all to itself. I then thought must be a record problem, but no, the problem continued when I turned off record. Finally I went to shut down myhd for a cold reboot, but the computer beat me too it , once I shut down myhd it flipped itlself into hibernation mode.

My guess is the computer somehow decided it was time to hibernate (my fault no doubt) and myhd was busy fending off requests to goto sleep. Once I did a cold reboot everthing was fine and the pixelation errors went away

Anyone else notice problems like this?
post #5753 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 09:20 AM

Quote:

Doing complex things "really quick" is actually a very good way to get yourself "on an island all too [yourself]" in the world of HTPCs.

I take it you have the newer version installed and are not experiencing the switching problem between File/Antenna thru the remote? I agree, fast changes are not good.
post #5754 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Install the 1.66.0.1 driver.

Peterson,
Back to your question did I install the app and the Driver. I remember now. I followed your answer here. You mentioned that I should install the driver, but did not say anything about the app? I probably should have been more wise and installed the app too. I was just taking your answers literally, because I thought this was all that I had to do. I also thought that this is all that (Jeff) as you referenced did too. I greatly appreciate your information. This is a God-send of information that is very valuable and useful.

When I get home later today I will give it another shot.

Thanks
Gman
post #5755 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 09:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Peterson,
Back to your question did I install the app and the Driver. I remember now. I followed your answer here. You mentioned that I should install the driver, but did not say anything about the app? I probably should have been more wise and installed the app too. I was just taking your answers literally, because I thought this was all that I had to do. I also thought that this is all that (Jeff) as you referenced did too. I greatly appreciate your information. This is a God-send of information that is very valuable and useful.

When I get home later today I will give it another shot.

Thanks
Gman

I didn't mention the 1.66 app because it didn't occur to me that you'd be still using the old 1.65 app.
post #5756 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:

I didn't mention the 1.66 app because it didn't occur to me that you'd be still using the old 1.65 app.

I'm learning...reading....gaining more info on a daily basis. BTW, here is a dumb question? Have you integrated any parts of Win Media Edition with the card or know any benefits having media edition w/this card? I have not figured out any benefits yet.
post #5757 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have not figured out any benefits [of MCE] yet.

Well that puts you in good company.
post #5758 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 10:29 AM

Liked: 87
Quote:

I wonder if crossing file boundaries would have something to do with it. Can you try setting a large file size like 10GB so that there would only be one file per 1 hour show?

Actually all my .ts files are single files. My typical size for this problem is a 2.4GB file.

I installed the latest driver. On the second file I looked at it hung again. I reset the computer (the most annoying part) and played/FF through the same file without any problems. Maybe the bug occurred slightly less with the new driver but that could have been just random timing.

If there was a way to keep this problem from locking up the computer, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the bug.
post #5759 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Actually all my .ts files are single files. My typical size for this problem is a 2.4GB file.

I installed the latest driver. On the second file I looked at it hung again. I reset the computer (the most annoying part) and played/FF through the same file without any problems. Maybe the bug occurred slightly less with the new driver but that could have been just random timing.

If there was a way to keep this problem from locking up the computer, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the bug.

Could you supply some system details, such as mobo, CPU, memory, HDD, OS, PCI cards, PSU, etc.? AFAIK, I've not seen this problem and so far I'm clueless as to the source. Is the system now stable? You mentioned a HDD crash....

Oh, and also your MyHD config: loopback/dual monitor, sound settings, ....
post #5760 of 12503 Old 02-08-2006, 02:25 PM

Liked: 87
Quote:

Could you supply some system details, such as mobo, CPU, memory, HDD, OS, PCI cards, PSU, etc.? AFAIK, I've not seen this problem and so far I'm clueless as to the source. Is the system now stable? You mentioned a HDD crash....

Oh, and also your MyHD config: loopback/dual monitor, sound settings, ....

I may have to fill-in some things tomorrow, but here goes. Hopefully other people with the same problem can fill-in their system info and there will be a common denominator.

- AMD 3800+ (Venice)
- ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
- 2GB Memory DDR 400 (2 sticks)
- 5 HDDs (Total of 1.8TB - 3 SATA, 2 IDE) - Video is on the SATA drives
- Windows XP (SP2)
- 3 PCI Cards (M-Audio 1010, Twinhan DVB-S, MyHD MDP-130)
- 600W Silenx Pro

Been running very stable for the last month. Only hangs/reboots are the MyHD problem.

MyHD is setup for a single component video output through outboard switcher to HDTV, audio is sent through PC soundcard. No loopback.

ATI PCI-Express x850 video card is setup as a dual monitor (output to LCD and HDTV).
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page