I am new to this thread, I have enjoyed reading the various posts and FAQ and have recently purchased MDP-130. Its currently being shipped to me, I should have it by this time next week. Couple of questions, sorry if these have already been asked, and I apologize for being long winded.
1) How is the MDP130 reliability, assuming I have a good signal to the card, would a 2 hour movie record without any blips or freezes when playing back?
(my system is 3.4 GHz P4, 2 Gigs ram)(4 hard drive , 2 Raptor 70 GIG each Raid 0 array and WD 120 GIG drive and also external firewire Maxtor drive 300 GIG)
2) When recording, Is it possible to stream the files (TS) to a portable firewire drive without having hickups (I just purchased a Matrix 300 GIG drive for that purpose) I can copy about 7 gigabyte dvd folder to that drive in about 6 minutes from my C drive, which surely seems fast enough since 1 hour recording is only 8 gigabyte, am I missing something? (firewire is better than USB 2.0 for this purpose, correct?) I thought I read enable DMA was important, I don't know how to do that with a firewire drive?
3) Hi-def signal on tv - - I was considering connecting the component video to my TV from the card, how is the image quality on Hi def tv, do you have to do much adjustments with 3rd party programs is it good to go out of the box. (I was not going to do DVI at this time, since I haven't bought the daughter card)
4) QAM ts files are 2x the size of OTA while normally reduced quality, correct? That being the case, if I had the option I should go with OTA, correct?
5) What the deal with file flags, if they put that into affect will the MD-130 restrict me for what I can record copyright, or don't they have that logic built into it?
6) Do you download the 1.66 driver from digital connection?http://www.digitalconnection.com/Support/support8.asp
Why do they have a later driver than MIT has?http://www.mitinc.co.kr/mitinc/e_site/down/driver.jsp
MyHD ver1.65.2 Auto Install
7) Can the MDP-130 decode files from the DirecTV tivo HD HR10-250, assuming I figure away to get the files off the hard drive?
Thanks in advance for answering any of my questions!!