MyHD MDP-130 - Page 421 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #12601 of 12605 Unread 09-08-2016, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
John walker

everything sounds good to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12602 of 12605 Unread 09-15-2016, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Are the blue dongles known to go belly up? {did a search, couldn't find any old posting}
As an experiment, I left the PVR on, just the desktop, MyHD off and physically turned the monitor off.
Upon returning from errands, switched monitor on, desktop appeared, then screen went black [no screensaver active]
with the blue monitor switch light on & not going to amber. Activating the MyHD it took about eight on/offs, pressing the
remote's HD button over and over again, before both TV picture and desktop were stable.
Maybe re-seat the card? The whole bloody case needs a good dusting any how.

The only way around this so far is what I did the previous day, just leave monitor on, no screen saver or other power settings,
MyHD activation/use then went as normal. Probably going into dual monitor mode in the CP would also get around this glitch.
post #12603 of 12605 Unread 09-15-2016, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Bruce, I'm betting that the problem will go away after your housecleaning. But if it doesn't PM me an address and I'll send you one of the spare dongles from my closet.
post #12604 of 12605 Unread 09-22-2016, 09:50 PM

It was the monitor.

Swapped dongles with the one that was boxed, but Thursday went to watch the noon news, blue light, not amber , sound but no picture.
Wasn't using the MyHD, swapped a neighbours spare [with damaged pixels] but had both the desktop and TV with just a bit of aspect ratio crunch, so guessing it is the LCD backlight that was acting up. For when I reconnected, the monitor {Acer 24"} would go dim in a corner, then go black with the blue light on, like it was receiving a signal but pooping out on illumination.

That means this identical model will go in the future, the main difference, when I walk away I just hit the power button off, no screensaver or
other power settings.
post #12605 of 12605 Unread Today, 02:05 PM

Got the monitor 1920x1080, now trying to figure out what gives the best aspect ratios, 1280x1024p from the VGA menu tab doesn't cut it like it did on the 1680x1050
monitor. No black bars top and bottom on wide screen HD shows any more.

For now, leaving it on 1920x1080i but like an earlier poster, wish there was a setting 1920x1080p because at this setting the OSD menus look
kinda rough and flickery eventhough the picture isn't. In the other settings the OSD menus have a smoother look. Plus people and things look a tad
too 'thin' , imperceptible to most, I'm just finicky that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers