pMM v2.0 Trivia, Demos, Trailers, Girder/X10 - 1/24/05 BETA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 01-24-2005, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Many have asked that I post here for pMMv2 updates...so here it is....

I have release the next beta of pMM(preMovie Manager) v2.0.

There is now 2 flavors of pMM. A stand alone(like the original pMM) and the integrated Meedio plugin.

I still don't have documentation, but most of it should be easy to figure out. Please search for the other pMM threads to bring you up to speed if you are new to pMM.

Download: http://www.dvdlookup.net/pMMv2-standalone.exe Stand Alone
Download: http://www.dvdlookup.net/pMMv2Meedio.exe Plugin

You will also need Microsoft .NET framework v1.1.

It should be fully functional except for the following....(unless I missed something...)

1) Event Conditions do not work although events are fully functional
2) Video Events are not turned on yet.
3) Trailer Filters are not enabled yet.

Everything else should be ready to test. There will probably be some bugs, so please report anything you find. Please provide the following when reporting a bug. The PMM.LOG file, your config.xml file, and a description of your problem.

To stop the trivia early, press the stop key in Meedio. To stop the stand alone early, press CTRL + Q. This will stop pMM after the trivia sequence finishes.

The stand alone pMMv2 needs to receive 2 command line parameters to run. One is the configuration file to use and the other(s) are the files to be played(Feature Movie) enclosed by double quotes(") and separated by a space. An example is below.

RUN "C:\\Program Files\\preMovie Manager\\pMMv2\\pMM.exe" config=config.xml "D:\\movies\ hemovie1.mpg" "D:\\movies\ hemovie2.mpg"

That would use config.xml file as the configuration file and then play themovie1 and themovie1 as the features.

Please play with it and let me know of any issues you have and have fun!

This version should support many external players(winDVD, TT, WMP, Zoomplayer...ect). If you can't get your player to work, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Ron, you rock. I can't wait to try it!

Mike
post #3 of 12 Old 01-25-2005, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mike,
This version should work with winDVD. I added a playlist type option. If you select it to create a winDVD playlist you can pass the playlist to winDVD and it should play the queued file fine.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Ron
post #4 of 12 Old 01-27-2005, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

There were a few issues with the setup file. I have posted a new setup file and the issues should be fixed. Let me know of any issues.

Ron
post #5 of 12 Old 01-27-2005, 09:03 PM

Ron,

I'm still trying to get a grip on how to get this program to work. If I understand your directions correctly, my parameter line should look like what I have included below?

RUN: "C:\\Program Files\\preMovie Manager\\pMMv2\\pMM.exe" "C:\\Father of the Bride\\VIDEO_TS\\video_ts.ifo"

If not, where am I making my mistake?

BC
post #6 of 12 Old 01-28-2005, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

bc1969,
There are a few issues I need to get fixed yet for this to be fully usable I think. After you install the latest setup file, you will probably get a file not found error. Continue on and after setup has finished, go to the pMM folder(or meedio essentials folder if using the plugin) and run the setup.bat file. This will register a required file. Then reboot your PC

First thing you would want to do is run the pMM Config application to setup your pMM settings. The settings are stored in props.xml by default. The order that pMM runs is trivia, trailers/demos and then the feature.

pMMv2 requires two command line parameters. The config file to use and also the movie file(s). So if you are using the default props.xml file, the command line would be like below.

RUN: "C:\\Program Files\\preMovie Manager\\pMMv2\\pMM.exe" config=props.xml "C:\\Father of the Bride\\VIDEO_TS\\video_ts.ifo"

When you run the pMM.exe, you might experience an error. I am currently working on fixing this.

pMM requires the latest version of Windows Media Player and .NET framework v1.1

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Ron
post #7 of 12 Old 01-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Hi Ron,

I followed those instructions to the letter without any different results. I continue to get scree that states:

"Two parameters are required to run pMM......." Should I wait a month or two until all of the bugs are ironed out or can you get me to a point where the program will at the very least launch.

BC
post #8 of 12 Old 01-30-2005, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Ron, I'm going to try out the standalone today. I am using the old version with TT2 and love it. I do have a feature request. Hopefully it will not be too hard to implement.

I love being able to play a random trailer, but even with complete randomness, however I often end up seeing the same trailers. Could you have PMM2 remember if it has played a trailer, and exclude it from future viewings? Even if you can make the randomness better, this problem will still be there.

Right now I'm manually going in moving an already viewed trailer, after the feature plays, so I don't have to see it again. It's kind of a pain, but when the wife says "oh look, the trailer for RAY, again," it takes some of the fun out of it. And I must agree with her.

Perhaps you can use a simple tab delimited text file and store the names of played trailers there. Then compare against that list, before a trailer is seleted. If it is on the list, don't play it.

Thanks,
post #9 of 12 Old 02-04-2005, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Ron,

I'm getting the exact same message as bc1969. I've followed your instructions over at the meedio forum. I've created trivia, I've setup trailers, etc. Selected TheaterTek as my dvd player.

But I would not think that any of that affects the error we are getting, as the program seems to be bombing out before it even trys to play triva, trailers, etc.

I have created an account on the meedio forum, but it won't send me a stupid confirmation e-mail, so I can' post.

Someone mentioned the usb/x10 device and you asked for an activex control. Hopefully this should help, with that. http://www.activehomepro.com/sdk/sdk-info.html
post #10 of 12 Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Ron,

Hopefully you are still reading this thread :>

I've installed the stand alone application and have one major issue;

it will not accept a network name as a valid feature input on the command line

"d:\\video_ts\\video_ts.ifo" works fine
"\\\\192.168.0.1\\video_ts\\video_ts.fio" gives me the pop up error

If I map the network directory to a local drive letter, it will work, but then I'll have to change hundred's of filenames in my front end software.
post #11 of 12 Old 08-18-2005, 03:15 PM

Orbitzboy,

I think this thread is dead. I'm sorta in the same boat as you. Well not exactly. I only get the pop-up error. What exactly do you have in your parameter line to get the application to work?

BC
post #12 of 12 Old 08-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

The parameter line reads in the player section reads:

<queue, >

This queue's up all of the files with quotes, seperated by a space on the command line for theatertek.

I start the application with

pmm..exe "v:\\video_ts\\video_ts.ifo"

which uses the default xml config file.
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page