DVICO Fusion 5 HDTV tuner - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 2932 Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
kczmudzin - I use the "GIGABYTE GV-NX66128DP Geforce 6600 128MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card" - no problems!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have ASUS P5GL-MX motherboard. The manual lists the following video cards as the only "qualified:"

ASUS EAX600XT
ASUS EAX600XT/TD
ASUS EAX600Pro
ASUS EAX800XT
ASUS EN6200GE
ASUS EN6600GT
ASUS EN5750
ASUS EN6600
ASUS EN6800/TD
Leadtek WinFast PX360TD (NVIDIA GF PCX 5750)
MSI NX6600 (NVIDIA GF6600)

I sent an e-mail to the DVICO tech support asking what is the best "qualified" video card to use with the Fusion 5 Gold and DxVA drivers. I received the following reply:

Hi.
Our many users are using the ASUS EN6600GT without problem.
Thanks.

A friend at work happened to have a spare so I borrowed it and tried it tonight. As I write this message I have not had even one software crash due to my FOX channel's "idiosyncrasy" TPeterson mentioned.

The exact model of the card is ASUS EN6600GT/TD/128M. It would be interesting to try a plain 6600 to see how it compares. Maybe I could save some money.

BTW, I don't really believe that only "qualified" cards would work with my motherboard. But this just makes the set of cards to choose from so much smaller.
post #903 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczmudzin View Post

I have ASUS P5GL-MX motherboard. The manual lists the following video cards as the only "qualified:"

ASUS EAX600XT
ASUS EAX600XT/TD
ASUS EAX600Pro
ASUS EAX800XT
ASUS EN6200GE
ASUS EN6600GT
ASUS EN5750
ASUS EN6600
ASUS EN6800/TD
Leadtek WinFast PX360TD (NVIDIA GF PCX 5750)
MSI NX6600 (NVIDIA GF6600)

I sent an e-mail to the DVICO tech support asking what is the best "qualified" video card to use with the Fusion 5 Gold and DxVA drivers. I received the your postfollowing reply:

Hi.
Our many users are using the ASUS EN6600GT without problem.
Thanks.

A friend at work happened to have a spare so I borrowed it and tried it tonight. As I write this message I have not had even one software crash due to my FOX channel's "idiosyncrasy" TPeterson mentioned.

The exact model of the card is ASUS EN6600GT/TD/128M. It would be interesting to try a plain 6600 to see how it compares. Maybe I could save some money.

BTW, I don't really believe that only "qualified" cards would work with my motherboard. But this just makes the set of cards to choose from so much smaller.

your post is helpful but it would be more helpful to add what version of the fusion app and os you are using also.
thanks.

-----------
post #904 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 121
still using ATI AIW 9700 pro. AGP w/ socket A AMD 2800+ barton. no problems associated with use of that card in configuration with fusoin 5 gold that I'm aware of. ('cept me thinks my fusion 3 was just as good)
post #905 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAXKID View Post

your post is helpful but it would be more helpful to add what version of the fusion app and os you are using also.
thanks.

I have Windows XP Prof SP 2, which I keep up to date. Also, I have the latest version (3.30.01) of the Fusion software, which I downloaded from the DVICO web site.

My system is ASUS P5GL-MX w/ Intel Pentium 4 630 (3 GHz) w/ HT enabled, 1GB 3200 Kingston. I hope this will indeed help somebody.
post #906 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kczmudzin View Post

As I write this message I have not had even one software crash due to my FOX channel's "idiosyncrasy" TPeterson mentioned.

Was this with the DxVA or sw rendering mode?

(OK, I did misspell "idiosyncrasy"! I guess I'm writing with too much democrasy. )
post #907 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 10:55 AM

The crash happened when I DID NOT use DxVA. When I tried to use DxVA with my onboard video, I was getting bad pixelation at the bottom 1/5th of the screen and otherwise rather bad quality. When I tried the ASUS EN6600GT with DxVA I got both: very good quality and no more software crashes.

So to answer your question, I have not had one crash WITH DxVA.
post #908 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

...and FOX still crashes with sw rendering on the 6600GT, correct?
post #909 of 2932 Old 05-23-2006, 01:55 PM

yes
post #910 of 2932 Old 05-29-2006, 09:08 PM

Both of these are supposed to be able to use Titan programming guide. Originally, I set up MyHD with Titan, then I decided to try and use Fusion5 with Titan. When I hit the record button on the Titan guide it insists on adding it the MYHD's scheduled recordings even after changing to Fusion5 tuner in Titan settings. I also disabled EPG in MyHD, It still insists on using MYHD to record in Titan. Anyone know the answer to this one?
post #911 of 2932 Old 05-29-2006, 09:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You need to set the association of TVPI files in Windows Explorer to the Fusion tray app instead of to the MyHD TitanTVHelper app.
post #912 of 2932 Old 05-31-2006, 08:36 PM

Just got the Fusion5 RT and installed it. I'm having reception problems for cable TV. The school campus provides the cable for us. I can get reception of the 5 local channels over the antennae setting perfectly, but the 54 cable channels are showing up in black and white with bars angled to the top right covering the picture. The audio is coming out as white noise too. Any ideas? This is my first tuner card so I'm in the dark.
post #913 of 2932 Old 05-31-2006, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRF View Post

Just got the Fusion5 RT and installed it. I'm having reception problems for cable TV. The school campus provides the cable for us. I can get reception of the 5 local channels over the antennae setting perfectly, but the 54 cable channels are showing up in black and white with bars angled to the top right covering the picture. The audio is coming out as white noise too. Any ideas? This is my first tuner card so I'm in the dark.

it's possible the campus is using the HRC freq range. if so, Dvico has a FAQ concerning that here:http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Supp...D=11&SCATID=44

-----------
post #914 of 2932 Old 05-31-2006, 10:35 PM

Yea I installed that HRC reg file. No luck.
post #915 of 2932 Old 05-31-2006, 10:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Do you have another TV to try with that cable feed? It sounds to me likely that it has a low signal level.
post #916 of 2932 Old 05-31-2006, 11:51 PM

Well my roomate is using a TV tuner and he gets all the channels. It's a different brand so I dont see how the signal can cause the problem.
post #917 of 2932 Old 06-01-2006, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well my roomate is using a TV tuner and he gets all the channels. It's a different brand so I dont see how the signal can cause the problem.

what does the fusion control panel show in the config screen labeled channel? have you changed "input" to cable and done a scan or are you still on "ant". do you have any unencrypted channels? any analog listed?

what happened when you tried the HRC fix?

it's also possible there is something in the registry for "TV System Services\\TVAutoTune\\TS0-1" that is causing the wrong freq range. what does that registry entry show? how does that compare with what your room mate shows in the same entry for the working reception?

of course we probably need to know more about your system also. what OS, what fusion app version, any other tv cards installed, other tv software etc??

as a test, try this: leave the campus cable system connected to your fusion card, but change the input mode on the fusion software to "ant" and scan the channels. on a normal cable system you should receive analog channels 2-13.

-----------
post #918 of 2932 Old 06-01-2006, 10:17 AM

The config screen has the following

TV(USA)
Antenna
Channels 7 through 13 all as analog type, no encoding

Cable TV
Channels 7 through 13, 17 through 64, all as analog, no encoding

To get these I scanned once on antenna, and once on cable tv. I think they are all enencrypted as the cable channels show up, but just in black and white.

The HRC fix didn't do anything, but the problem is that I applied it when I wasn't getting the scans working after I installed the card in the very beginning. So I'm thinking that maybe thats messing it up? Is there a way to reverse it?

As for checking the registry, how do I access it? To do the reg fix I just ran it.

System specs. Fusion5 RT Gold version 3.30.1

Mobo: ECS K-7
Ram: 256mb
Proc: Athlon xp 2000+
Sound: Maudio Revo 7.1

I ran the auto scan on both ant and cable. I get the 5 local ant channels in color with perfect audio. In cable mode, I receive those, plus many more, but the color is BW and the audio is white noise.
post #919 of 2932 Old 06-01-2006, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As for checking the registry, how do I access it? To do the reg fix I just ran it.

from you responses to my suggestions, i'm not clear what you have done or have not done, so i will try to answer this question first. the registry key that you need to take a look at is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\TV System Services\\TVAutoTune\\TS0-1

you get there by going to start, run, and typing regedit and hit ok.

there was nothing in the faq link i sent you that was an executable program, you would have had to run regedit to have edited the registry to change to HRC.

-----------
post #920 of 2932 Old 06-02-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:

there was nothing in the faq link i sent you that was an executable program, you would have had to run regedit to have edited the registry to change to HRC.

That's not necessarily true. On some versions of Windows I've seen, you can click on a .reg file and it'll register it without you having to run regedit. It normally prompts before importing it though.
post #921 of 2932 Old 06-02-2006, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad M. View Post

That's not necessarily true. On some versions of Windows I've seen, you can click on a .reg file and it'll register it without you having to run regedit. It normally prompts before importing it though.

yes, you are correct.

-----------
post #922 of 2932 Old 06-09-2006, 06:54 PM

So I just got the Fusion HDTV Gold RT and put it in. So far I am happy. I have family cable (no cable box) and with this can grab the digital channels that my cable company has. I also tried to use the antenna but can not get any HD channels (only digital, i think).

However, I can solve the HD problems over time.

The main problem I have is when I record a video, it has a sharp humming in the back ground of the video I record (MPG 2 file, normal quality). ANyone else get this and know how to fix it?

The HDTV card is connected to the sound card using the "Line-in" on the sound card.
post #923 of 2932 Old 06-09-2006, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The cable between the FusionHDTV and the sound card is for analog audio only (and isn't required for the gold cards at all). Look at the digital audio options and try various of them to see what works best for you.

{Edit: I see that I misread your post and that you were talking about analog recordings. To reduce ground loop humming, you can try KAXID's suggestion below or seek the source of the hum, which is probably a poor ground connection somewhere or a bad power supply voltage regulator that's putting ripple on one of the dc power rails}
post #924 of 2932 Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supes View Post

The main problem I have is when I record a video, it has a sharp humming in the back ground of the video I record (MPG 2 file, normal quality). ANyone else get this and know how to fix it?

The HDTV card is connected to the sound card using the "Line-in" on the sound card.

i have mine connected to the "cd player". i had a sound problem that i fixed by setting the "level" setting on the analog tab of the record/timeshift screen to 50%(down from 100%). maybe that will work for you.

-----------
post #925 of 2932 Old 06-09-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:

i have mine connected to the "cd player". i had a sound problem that i fixed by setting the "level" setting on the analog tab of the record/timeshift screen to 50%(down from 100%). maybe that will work for you.

I tried both. Didnt work man. Mine is set to "Line-in" right now. Maybe it is the audio attenuation. I have mine at -15. I tried it at -10 but I hear echoes at that.

Also, how does this work with a dish if you have a dish hooked up? Say I have Direct TV and plug in from the dish to to the card, will it work like it does with cable?
post #926 of 2932 Old 06-09-2006, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I tried both. Didnt work man. Mine is set to "Line-in" right now. Maybe it is the audio attenuation. I have mine at -15. I tried it at -10 but I hear echoes at that.

Also, how does this work with a dish if you have a dish hooked up? Say I have Direct TV and plug in from the dish to to the card, will it work like it does with cable?

fusion cards are not for "dish".
mute the line-in in your audio card manager and the echoes will go away, then readjust your attenuation to default and maybe you will be ok.

-----------
post #927 of 2932 Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:

fusion cards are not for "dish".
mute the line-in in your audio card manager and the echoes will go away, then readjust your attenuation to default and maybe you will be ok.

Well, something is wrong. I muted the line-in and adjusted the audio recording level to 10% and it is still recording loud. Attenuation is now -10 and "PC speakers" is selected. The echoes are gone but he sharp humming and excessively loud recording are still there. hmm...
post #928 of 2932 Old 06-10-2006, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, something is wrong. I muted the line-in and adjusted the audio recording level to 10% and it is still recording loud. Attenuation is now -10 and "PC speakers" is selected. The echoes are gone but he sharp humming and excessively loud recording are still there. hmm...

the echoes are gone because you have disabled the second sound source, the line-in that you have connected. now you can go back to the sound manager again and readjust down the wave volume and/or the volume for playback. that may get you what you want. good luck.

-----------
post #929 of 2932 Old 06-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is anyone using the Fusion HDTVGold 5 with Beyond TV? I haven't been able to get it to work, other than once but it was with analog stations and they looked horrible compared to using the Fusion's software on the same channel. Also how can I receive HD stations with Beyond as I've had no luck. I like all of the control I have with Beyond TV, but so far the picture has been very dissappointing compared to just using Fusion's software.

I've tried going straight from the wall, and going from my HD time warner box.

Overall I'm very happy with this HD card except it seems like if I leave the computer for a few hours or shut it off, I always have to do an autoscan again so I can receive HD channels. If I don't it just shows singal 100% and 0 dB.
post #930 of 2932 Old 06-10-2006, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

sumav--

Where are you and which Fusion sw are you using? (Put a location in your profile) You'll likely find that the more recent versions retain channel configurations better. I suggest that you go to DViCo's support site and download the "3.41 beta3" code to test. Make sure that you used KAXKID's installation procedure documented in the Fusion threads here on AVS when you update the sw.

Are you trying to receive OTA or cable HDTV on BTV? It only works for OTA.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page