Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

The pair that you show have a lot of differences (NTSC/DVB, AC3/192k) besides the indicated source resolution difference (which has nothing to do with the actually displayed resolution, BTW). This is the demo sw that you're talking about, right? I don't know what's going on there, since I've never used the demoware, but to determine the displayed resolution you need to examine a screen capture, not the readouts from the Fusion control panel.

I was using the captures to illustrate where I was seeing the differences in numbers on the same source. The top capture was with no file loaded (the default state) and the bottom playing a file but not at 1080i (even though the source file is 1080i and the same file will play at 1080i some of the time) I should have made that clear. I have a feeling that my machine is right on the edge as far as smooth playback of 1080i material. I suppose it is not really that important since it is only demo software and did answer the question of whether I could get smooth playback from my HTPC using my existing hardware. Thank you for the help though!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 05:54 PM

I have a FusionHDTV5 RT Lite in my Athlon64-3000+/Nforce3/1GB/nvidia6800. The HDTV plays fine with audio, but when watching analog cable the video is fine but the audio is barely audible.

I maxed out all volumes in the Control Panel (it is connected via audio cable to the cd-in) but it is still barely audible. I have to crank up the volume on my speakers to hear anything at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
post #993 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 06:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Did you try cycling through the various input options offered in the Fusion setup panel? (And make sure that you have the "use audio cable" checkbox set the right way) If you have another input option on the mobo, you could try that to reduce the possibility that there's a bad component on the board causing the problem.
post #994 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchuckles View Post

I have a FusionHDTV5 RT Lite in my Athlon64-3000+/Nforce3/1GB/nvidia6800. The HDTV plays fine with audio, but when watching analog cable the video is fine but the audio is barely audible.

I maxed out all volumes in the Control Panel (it is connected via audio cable to the cd-in) but it is still barely audible. I have to crank up the volume on my speakers to hear anything at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

pretty common problem, pull up your sound card controller(mixer) and change the settings there and also in the fusion software config. also make sure you are changing the settings for output and not input etc.

-----------
post #995 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Folks, I just installed a Fusion HDTV5 RT lite in my A64 Desktop Windows XP system. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this card to be recognized. Two devices show up in device manager as other devices: "Multimedia Controller", and "Multimedia Video Controller". Despite multiple reinstalls of the drivers, the OS doesn't seem to recognize any of the Fusion drivers. I have tried the latest 3.41 drivers, as well as the 3.30.01 drivers that came on the CD with the card. No go.

Does anyone know what I am missing? If I point the install hardware wizard at the driver directory installed with the DVICO software, it doesn't recognize anything there as matching the card's hardware. I am not running the x64 version of XP.

Anyone have any idea as to what's going wrong? It's a DFI Nforce4 MB.

Thanks,
Mike
post #996 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 09:24 PM

Okay, I had tried plugging the cable into two of the three inputs but not the third. Once I tried the third it worked. The strange thing is, at first it didn't work when I booted up, but when I nudged the volume control on the system tray from full to a little less, boom, it started playing. I moved it back all the way up and it was still fine.

Bottom line is, it works. Thanks guys.
post #997 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 09:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

MikeSM--

Are there red x's next to the two new devices in DM? If so, try moving the RT to a different PCI slot. If not, find KAXKID's procedure (search his most recent posts for a link to the details) and follow it very carefully to get a good installation of the drivers.
post #998 of 2932 Old 08-20-2006, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

MikeSM--

Are there red x's next to the two new devices in DM? If so, try moving the RT to a different PCI slot. If not, find KAXKID's procedure (search his most recent posts for a link to the details) and follow it very carefully to get a good installation of the drivers.

No red X's. Just yellow balloons with an ! in them. I did find KAXKID's instructions, but they don't seem to fix the problem. Should I still try and move the card to another slot?

thanks,
mike
post #999 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAXKID View Post

from your previous post and this post, it looks like you don't have a good install yet. with the limited info you have provided, its going to be difficult to get specific help, but here's a link that gives general help for installing and removing the software.

the fusion software is capable of running multiple fusion tuners at the same time but there are limits to what can be done using multiple tuners depending on the software version used and the other hardware/software in your setup.

normally, fusion/dvico related problems are better researched in the fusion software threads.

Thanks for the help.

A little more info:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2GHz
VGA: GIGABYTE Nvidia 7300GT

I've been following the install and uninstall instructions provided in your post and have been using the 3.41 software. I've even tried a clean install of windows but the problem remains. As I said, I can get it working fine with one card but not with multiple (2 or 3). It seems that no one else is really getting the error that I am having (not the audio error, I've had that one too) so I can bring it up with DVICO or the SW thread.

Thanks again for the help.
post #1000 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSM View Post

No red X's. Just yellow balloons with an ! in them. I did find KAXKID's instructions, but they don't seem to fix the problem. Should I still try and move the card to another slot?

If you're sure that you followed the procedure perfectly (allowing enough time for the drivers to finish loading is particularly important) then, yes, you must have a resource conflict, despite the lack of red x's, and changing PCI slots may fix it.
post #1001 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COhiker View Post

...As I said, I can get it working fine with one card but not with multiple (2 or 3). ...

compare the listing of IRQ's used with one card installed vs 2 and/or 3 installed in the device manager "view by connection" screen. that may give a clue about what is going on.

here's an earlier post of mine that shows the IRQ view with multiple fusion pci tuners installed:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7135475

-----------
post #1002 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you're sure that you followed the procedure perfectly (allowing enough time for the drivers to finish loading is particularly important) then, yes, you must have a resource conflict, despite the lack of red x's, and changing PCI slots may fix it.

OK, I'll try moving slots and see if that helps.

thanks,
mike
post #1003 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 01:24 PM

Wonder if anyone can help me here. I got the Fusion 5 Gold about 8 months ago and popped it in and all was fine. Reinstalled windows a short time later all was fine. Just reinstalled windows again and now suddenly only one of my network HDTV channels works without crashing the entire computer! Everything freezes (HARD REBOOT). I am using cable and analog works fine. I can go to my local ABC I think and thats fine in HDTV, but when I switch up on channel BOOM, frozen. So I try to jump to FOX or CBS and the same thing. AM I making some kind of mistake here I don't know of?. It was great for so long now suddenly no HDTV...

Oh I should add I used 3.41 and 3.3
post #1004 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Just bought the DVico Fusion5 USB, intending on using it for unecrypted QAM HDtv. ONly seems to pull analog channels from my cable. Yes, I'm using the Fusion s/w, not MCE. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, if I want to use it in MCE, it will only work w/ OTA, not QAM, right?

Thanx for any input,
Joel
post #1005 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiuyt00 View Post

Wonder if anyone can help me here. I got the Fusion 5 Gold about 8 months ago and popped it in and all was fine. Reinstalled windows a short time later all was fine. Just reinstalled windows again and now suddenly only one of my network HDTV channels works without crashing the entire computer! Everything freezes (HARD REBOOT). I am using cable and analog works fine. I can go to my local ABC I think and thats fine in HDTV, but when I switch up on channel BOOM, frozen. So I try to jump to FOX or CBS and the same thing. AM I making some kind of mistake here I don't know of?. It was great for so long now suddenly no HDTV...

Oh I should add I used 3.41 and 3.3

Did you change any hardware recently? If not, did you check to make sure that the PCI cards are all firmly seated in their slots? If so, try removing the new stuff and see if it's related to the problem.
post #1006 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 02:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey895 View Post

Just bought the DVico Fusion5 USB, intending on using it for unecrypted QAM HDtv. ONly seems to pull analog channels from my cable. Yes, I'm using the Fusion s/w, not MCE. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, if I want to use it in MCE, it will only work w/ OTA, not QAM, right?

Thanx for any input,
Joel

Your cable feed may have the DTV stations filtered out if you see no indications of any when you do the channel scan. Do you have or can you borrow another QAM tuner to try with your cable?

Yes, MCE is OTA only.
post #1007 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Did you change any hardware recently? If not, did you check to make sure that the PCI cards are all firmly seated in their slots? If so, try removing the new stuff and see if it's related to the problem.

Yeh about mid way through I switched my ATI AIW 800XT back to my old ATI AIW 8500, but the HDTV worked on both cards since then. Not sure how that would affect only some HDTV channels though? I did add a Motorola booster inline, but again HDTV worked very well after I installed that. This is the same version of Windows I used all those times also. The only thing I can think of is I did about 30 windows updates that i had not done before? Maybe one of them?
post #1008 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:

compare the listing of IRQ's used with one card installed vs 2 and/or 3 installed in the device manager "view by connection" screen. that may give a clue about what is going on.

here's an earlier post of mine that shows the IRQ view with multiple fusion pci tuners installed:

thanks for your continued patience and help. I will play some more and let you know if I do eventually get it working.
post #1009 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yeh about mid way through I switched my ATI AIW 800XT back to my old ATI AIW 8500, but the HDTV worked on both cards since then. Not sure how that would affect only some HDTV channels though? I did add a Motorola booster inline, but again HDTV worked very well after I installed that. This is the same version of Windows I used all those times also. The only thing I can think of is I did about 30 windows updates that i had not done before? Maybe one of them?

And the card seating...?
post #1010 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:

And the card seating...?

Yes I had already done that a few days ago when this first happened. Have installed two times since then.
post #1011 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Maybe it's broken. Does Device Manager show all the devices to be working?
post #1012 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yes could be the windows updates. others have posted in the software thread about windows updating the fusion drivers and then the fusion app having problems.

i'm also curious why you have had to re-install windows so many times, are you having other problems or ...

-----------
post #1013 of 2932 Old 08-21-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:

yes could be the windows updates. others have posted in the software thread about windows updating the fusion drivers and then the fusion app having problems.

i'm also curious why you have had to re-install windows so many times, are you having other problems or ...

Well as a rule I tend to not do Windows driver updates, and instead go to the original vendors site to see if I need to update. As to why so many re-installs, well lets just say I wanted to test something out, it went horribly wrong so I had to reinstall to fix it, and due to my number of drives and partitions Windows kept screwing up its install location. But thats all set now.

I think I solved the problem by switching to another video card and finding out that one worked. So I went back to my 8500 and found that the fan was a bit on the slow/stopped side. I lubed that and got it going again and I think that when I switched to HDTV the card ramped up the fan speed to quell the heat and nothing happened, crashing the card. Seems to be ok now

*crosses fingers*

Thanks for the help.

Now on to my next project of trying to build my own Projector for my HDTV...yikes!
post #1014 of 2932 Old 08-22-2006, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok, I moved the card to the only other PCI slot (it's a DFI Nforce4 board, and only has 2 PCI slots), and same problem. No go.

Is the card supposed to be showing up as a "multimedia controller" and not a DVICO HDTV5 RT Lite?

Windows doesn't think the driver in the driver directory is a match for this hardware. I followed KAXKID's directions to the letter on the install, but still no go. I even waited 2 hrs before letting the system reboot. It should have been long enough to install the drivers (it's normally a VERY fast system).

What am I doing wrong here? It's a HDTV5 RT Lite. Is there something special about this card? Should I try and force it to load a driver?

Thanks,
Mike
post #1015 of 2932 Old 08-22-2006, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mike, I'm not sure what it means that your card doesn't show up as the correct item in Device Manager, but my guess is that there's some sort of hardware resource conflict. I suggest that you try the Q&A forum at DViCo for help, as they've likely seen this somewhere else.
post #1016 of 2932 Old 08-22-2006, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok, I moved the card to the only other PCI slot (it's a DFI Nforce4 board, and only has 2 PCI slots), and same problem. No go.

Is the card supposed to be showing up as a "multimedia controller" and not a DVICO HDTV5 RT Lite?

Windows doesn't think the driver in the driver directory is a match for this hardware. I followed KAXKID's directions to the letter on the install, but still no go. I even waited 2 hrs before letting the system reboot. It should have been long enough to install the drivers (it's normally a VERY fast system).

What am I doing wrong here? It's a HDTV5 RT Lite. Is there something special about this card? Should I try and force it to load a driver?

Thanks,
Mike

with 3.41, all the drivers are certified except one of the audio capture drivers so there is no waiting involved for the drivers to install.

in device manager, have you tried right clicking the entry with the yellow marks and hitting the delete key. that should bring up an info box about removing that device. say "ok". then goto "action" in the menu and click "scan for hardware changes" that should "refresh" the drivers. hopefully you will see the correct drivers install.

the fusion drivers are normally listed in the "sound, video and game controllers" section of the device manager and the names start with "fusion".

if this doesn't help, do the remove in "safe mode" as outlined in the "TROUBLE SECTION" here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7600356

tere is also another thread that discusses the RT version, that might shed some light on your problems here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8156658
post back with results.
good luck.

-----------
post #1017 of 2932 Old 08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

with 3.41, all the drivers are certified except one of the audio capture drivers so there is no waiting involved for the drivers to install.

in device manager, have you tried right clicking the entry with the yellow marks and hitting the delete key. that should bring up an info box about removing that device. say "ok". then goto "action" in the menu and click "scan for hardware changes" that should "refresh" the drivers. hopefully you will see the correct drivers install.

the fusion drivers are normally listed in the "sound, video and game controllers" section of the device manager and the names start with "fusion".

if this doesn't help, do the remove in "safe mode" as outlined in the "TROUBLE SECTION" here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7600356

tere is also another thread that discusses the RT version, that might shed some light on your problems here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8156658
post back with results.
good luck.

I've done the uninstall and rescan for hardware changes. Doesn't help.

Will try the safe mode uninstall and see what happens...

thanks,
mike
post #1018 of 2932 Old 08-23-2006, 08:10 AM

Quote:

I've done the uninstall and rescan for hardware changes. Doesn't help.

There are some uninstall utilities in the DVICO ftp site. Try both of those.

ftp://ftp.dvico.com/Products/FusionHDTV/Install/
post #1019 of 2932 Old 08-23-2006, 08:57 AM

To everyone who have recently posted problems with drivers not recognizing cards, strange system hangs, etc. -- I just went through a few months of similar problems; it turned out to be an insufficient power supply. I swapped my 400W for a 550W, and everything cleared up!

Electronics get cantankerous when they're starved for power. Make sure you consider it when diagnosing problems.

Doug
post #1020 of 2932 Old 08-23-2006, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCalif View Post

There are some uninstall utilities in the DVICO ftp site. Try both of those.

ftp://ftp.dvico.com/Products/FusionHDTV/Install/

Ok. I tried these. No good. I removed the card, and then ran the utilities, and then reinstalled the card. This time there was a prompt that asked me to OK installing a non-WHQL driver, which I said OK to. After that though, same thing.

I looked up the PCI Vendor ID and DEV ID on the PCI database, and it referenced a brooktree chip and a hauppauge driver. I remembered earlier than some months ago I had a WinTV card in the same machine. I removed it, and removed all the software when it was removed, but thought there might be some remants left. I ran the Hauppauge hwclear utilirty several times, and removed all references to it in the system. But still no go.

On the "multimedia device", if I go into properties and then details, the device shows a line that starts with PCI\\VEN_109E&DEV0878. On the Multimedia Video Controller, the line is PCI\\VEN_109E&DEV_036E.

Can one of you with a Fusion HDTV5 RT card check the properties of the various devices that show up associated with the card in the device manager and tell me if these are the same?

I am wondering if windows somehow thinks this is still the wintv card, and is therefore ignoring the Fusion drivers. I can't understand how this would be, but it would be nice to check it off, esp. since the database on the web maps this to hauppauge drivers.

thanks,
Mike

PS Oh yes, the DVICO people responded to my post on their Q&A system and thought it must be defective hardware. I am not so sure though.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page