post #1171 of 2932 Old 09-16-2006, 07:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1g1ta7 View Post

I'm using the USB version. When I try to watch an analog pal tape, via composite, the app crashes the entire computer. It works fine on NTSC sources. Any ideas?

What version of the app are you using or have tried using to see this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 2932 Old 09-16-2006, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I've been able to get my fusion usb to work with Vista RC1, but only if I set it up in media center as if I'm in USA. When I try to set up as Canada, media center complains saying that my tv format isn't supported by the tuner. I'm using 3.41 and then the vista driver from the ftp site, and this is my only tuner installed (vista RC1 no longer needs an analog tuner).

I figure I'll be able to get the correct Vista EPG info once I can get the tuner to correctly recognize Canada. Other than the incorrect/missing guide info (which is altogether missing, is that unusal? I did give a legit US zip code), the tuner's working great, streaming and playback on my Xbox 360.

protovision
post #1173 of 2932 Old 09-16-2006, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

What version of the app are you using or have tried using to see this problem?

Working decently now, on the 3.50 beta, I think. I have to use a Composite to S-Video cable, and then use the s-video in. So it has that noise effect, but watchable.
post #1174 of 2932 Old 09-17-2006, 12:21 PM

Hi everybody,
I just reinstalled windows and after installing the software for my Fusion 5 RT Gold the driver for the BDA Tuner does not want to work. I did not have this problem when I installed it before. I have tried unistalling it and reinstalling it many times, with different versions of the software and still no luck. The driver properties for it says that "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing." Has anyone come across this and knows how to fix it? Thanks
post #1175 of 2932 Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did you try deleting the device in DM and then "scan for hardware changes"? If that doesn't work you may need to shuffle your PCI cards.
post #1176 of 2932 Old 09-17-2006, 04:22 PM

I have tried pretty much everything that I can think of, short of reinstalling windows again. I shuffled my PCI cards and I still get the same problem.
post #1177 of 2932 Old 09-17-2006, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4ever View Post

I have tried pretty much everything that I can think of, short of reinstalling windows again. I shuffled my PCI cards and I still get the same problem.

before re-installing windows again, have you tried the procedure outlined here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7600356

-----------
post #1178 of 2932 Old 09-17-2006, 06:47 PM

I just tried that procedure twice and still no luck, looks like I'll be reinstalling windows and crossing my fingers
post #1179 of 2932 Old 09-17-2006, 09:04 PM

ok so I reinstalled windows again and now it works, thanks for the suggestions
post #1180 of 2932 Old 09-17-2006, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ok so I reinstalled windows again and now it works, thanks for the suggestions

a little while back, there were a few posters having problems with the fusion5rt cards and were asking for someone with a working setup to post what drivers were being used in device manager. the documentation on dvico's website does not specifically show the fusion5rt drivers. can you do a screen dump of your drivers and post it here for future reference?

it would be helpful to show something similar to what the dvico faq shows here:
http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Supp...D=10&SCATID=56

thanks

-----------
post #1181 of 2932 Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 PM

the forum won't let me post a pic or link because I don't have 5 posts yet so disregard this post
post #1182 of 2932 Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 PM

Here is a screen cap on my device manager:

it looks pretty similar to the 5 GOLD one on the DVICO website
post #1183 of 2932 Old 09-18-2006, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here is a screen cap on my device manager:

it looks pretty similar to the 5 GOLD one on the DVICO website

nice job, thanks.
now we have a Fusion HDTV 5 RT Gold documented.

the only difference, i see is the 880 WDM Audio Capture on the RT Gold vs the 881 WDM Audio Capture listed for the Fusion HDTV 5 Gold.

i'll bookmark this for future reference.

-----------
post #1184 of 2932 Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 AM

Hi All:

This is a first post for me so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

I have a Fusion5 Gold Plus that I have been using without problems (thanks to this forum) for about a year or so in a P4 W2K box using TWC here in LA (Chatsworth). It was working fine recording the major unencrypted QAM networks in HD. I had been using it just for playback recently (catching up on last season) and have not recorded for about three months.

When I recently went to set up a scheduled recording I noticed that the channel line up in my channel configuration had changed (does this happen automatically?). Now, when I try to schedule a recording for one of the networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) I get the following error message, "Invalid argument to time encode." This only happens with the networks - other HD sources, PBS, Fox Movies, TW Previews all appear to schedule fine. I can also record a program directly - just not schedule it.

Thinking it might be a software problem, I utilized the proper procedure to uninstall the software and downloaded and installed version 3.4.1. Same thing happened - everything is fine except the error when I try to schedule a recording. I thought maybe TWC was doing something, but I have a MyHD card in another computer and it is working fine.

I've searched the various threads in addition to Google and have come up with nothing (except that the error seems to be related to the database). Any help or any direction you can point me in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Lyle
post #1185 of 2932 Old 09-19-2006, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Lyle, unless your TWC has PSIP info for the non-network shows, which would be extremely unusual AFAIK, you're only using the EPG scheduler for the networks and it's not working at all, right? Have you tried simply deleting the epglist2.mdb file, in case it has become corrupted, and starting over?
post #1186 of 2932 Old 09-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Thanks for your reply! If the EPG refers to TitanTV, then no - I don't think that works with digital cable. I use the Recording Scheduler built into Fusion. I just manually add the recording selecting my channel from the drop down. It's always worked in the past.

I don't know about the PSIP but what I can tell you is that the "Service" column in the channel configuration page used to be blank but now it contains the station's call letters. As I said, other HD stations (including TNTHD) I can schedule, just not the four major networks.

I did try deleting epglist2.mdb (and also made sure it was gone before I did the fresh install of 3.4.1) but that did not help.

Thanks again - Lyle
post #1187 of 2932 Old 09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

OK, so I'm confused about what you're doing, I guess. Are you saying that only when you select one of the stations identified by call sign from the dropdown list do you get the "time" error and when you use the same list to schedule a non call-sign station there's no error?

BTW, the call signs are sent in the PSIP. For those stations, there may also be EPG info (in fact, there would be for OTA reception) in which case you'd see the programs in the EPG table that's on the window that opens first when you click "EPG" on the control panel. But it seems that you're not seeing any programming information there and are going, via the Manual button on that window, to the Manual Scheduler, right?
post #1188 of 2932 Old 09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I have a problem with the audio handling of the line-in input of the fusion card. I connected my PC via spdif to my receiver. That way I get great sound for OTA reception, the spdif signal is passed through.
But this doesn't seem to work for my sat receiver that I've connected via svhs and the stereo audio inputs. In that case I only get sound out off the analog audio ports of my onboard sound card (6150 based mobo). The digital output is silent.

Can I get this to work that I get digital sound in that case as well, and if yes how? Am I missing a piece of software that can take care of this?
post #1189 of 2932 Old 09-19-2006, 06:05 PM

Yes - there are a number of (non-broadcast) stations that will schedule. For example, all of the following will schedule:

D97 (Movies) 480i
D229 (CSHOP) 480i
D850 (TWC) 480i
D940 (Preview) 480i
D1101 (D1101) 480i
D18091 (Events) 480i

In addition, D1171 (KLCSD2) - a local PBS that broadcasts digital SD and D1009 (TNTHD) 1080i will both schedule. The network channels and Discovery HD will not schedule - they produce the error. The following stations all result in the error when trying to schedule:

D17098 (KCBSHD)
D18090 (KNBCHD)
D18093 (KABCHD)
D18094 (KCETHD) PBS
D18097 (KTTVHD) FOX
D19096 (DISC HD)

So - all of the stations that are broadcast in HD produce the error in addition to Discovery HD. KLCS, that broadcasts in SD schedules OK as does TNTHD (the only HD channel I can get to schedule at this point).

BTW, the call letters or other info in parenthesis in the lists above is what appears under the "Service" column automatically in the channel configuration window - this is something new and I wonder is TW started using PSIP and if that is causing the problem. Is it a coincidence that call letters just started showing up and the Fusion scheduler no longer works. FYI, about a month or so ago, TWC changed the subchannel for TNT - don't know if that is related.

Also, I checked the EPG page and it lists only three channels; D98-1 KCBS, D1090-1 KNBC, and D1094 - KCET with "no information" for the listing. Interestingly, all three channels that are listed are subchannels of RF 108.

Could this be something related to PSIP and subchannels? Is it a coincidence that TNTHD is the only channel that has an RF (91) that does not share a subchannel with another channel that has PSIP info?

Thanks - Lyle
post #1190 of 2932 Old 09-19-2006, 06:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Lyle, if you're seeing those Dxxxx channel numbers and Service entries such as "Movies" and "Preview", I can only guess at what's going on with TWC! In my experience (with Comcast) whenever FusionHDTV finds PSIP info it shows the call sign and replaces the arbitrary Dxxx with Dvvy, where vv is the station's OTA virtual channel number and y is the VC subchannel. I've never seen it find any PSIP info for non OTA-origin stations on cable, so you're blazing a new path for me.
post #1191 of 2932 Old 09-20-2006, 11:37 AM

So that means TWC is sending PSIP for the OTA channels as well as some of their cable-only channels (mostly their spam channels). I may check over at the 3.41 beta thread as I see that KAXKID (9/16) posted a timestamp error when using 3.45 and he suspects it's something new in the signal. I suspect that TWC is doing something new in their signal and this is causing the problem (else, why would it start after a year at the same time that the PSIP info started showing up?).

BTW, something is certainly funky in how the Fusion is interpreting the new TWC info - my local PBS HD channel is now marked as encrypted and unavailable but that is not the case with the MyHD card.

Thanks again for your help. If I come across a solution (or even a solid cause) I'll be sure to post it.
post #1192 of 2932 Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
You probably have this fixed by now but in both antenna and cable put pre amp at source (on antenna) and prior to distribution. try one of the motorola powered pre amps--lots of amps have high distortion and poor s/n. Once signal is degraded amps do not help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljohnso View Post

I have a F5 and I am using it for cable and OTA. I have had no problems with OTA, but I am feeding my cable to several VCRs (3) and the fusion 5. I have been using Monster Cable 2GHz splitters (1->3 followed by a 1->2) and I have found that I am just at the threshold for locking into some of the QAM channels.

I have tried replacing some of the splitters with lower grade splitters and run into problems - this note is to suggest that kind of solution if one is having problems. I would like to find an inline amplifier that would be appropriate, but the two amps I have tried were worse than no amps at all. Does anyone have good success with an inline amp for cable reception?

Allen

post #1193 of 2932 Old 09-20-2006, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleJF View Post

BTW, something is certainly funky in how the Fusion is interpreting the new TWC info - my local PBS HD channel is now marked as encrypted and unavailable but that is not the case with the MyHD card.

Yes, if you're using the 3.50beta1 you'll likely see some false encrypted labels. DViCo claims that they have fixed this, but I've not gotten any updated code to try yet.

They'll likely need some samples of your TWC problem channels in order to sort out how to deal with them.
post #1194 of 2932 Old 09-20-2006, 12:58 PM

Hi,
I'm the n00b kid on the block, please don't hate me if I ask something that has been answered. I have used the forum's search engine to a great degree, and though there is a wealth of info here, I've not come across a couple things. I have the F5USBgold. I live just west of Boston, MA where I have both RCN and Comcast available to me. The tuner is able to receive QAM broadcasts from RCN, but picks up absolutely nothing, analog or digital from Comcast. I'm writing off the Comcast issue, but curious if anyone else has ever heard of such a thing.
Back to the RCN matter. My greatest complaint with this tuner is the method of channel number entry. Certainly I understand the channel numbers correspond to some digital frequency, but I find that unless I use the channel manager interface (that listing along the side of the image window with the "analog" and "digital" buttons along the bottom, then click on a "number" above, I sometimes cannot simply go to a channel. One time I might be able to type 860 or 1220 and it will go, but other times, I have to type something like 8220, which will then revert to 1220 and I'll be there. Is there any rhyme or reason to that sort of thing?
Also, can someone direct me to a piece of software or FAQ or walkthru that might help me locate the frequencies that RCN uses on my system so I may then go through the apparent hell that is manually adding channels? I know there's supposedly some "out of range" registry hack, but I think I'm missing some in range but simply not picked up by the channel scan. Simple things like ESPN are missing.
I'm sorry to ask so much, especially on my first post. Thanks in advance to anyone who might actually read it all.
post #1195 of 2932 Old 09-20-2006, 01:16 PM

Actually, I'm still using v 3.4.1 and, interestingly, the encryption is gone today. Also, yesterday the error was "invalid argument to time encode" and today the error is "invalid argument to date encode". I've not yet joined DViCo's support area but I guess it's time.
post #1196 of 2932 Old 09-20-2006, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Dapos, it seems likely that your two cable systems are not using the same frequencies. There are two different styles in use. Some legacy systems use a version called HRC for which the channel center frequencies are different than that used in more modern cable networks. Usually, the Fusion tuner will only pick up channels 6 and/or 7 from HRC cables when set up for the standard frequencies. There's a .reg file on DViCo's ftp site for changing your PC over to the HRC mapping. There is no rhyme to the DViCo cable numbering, AFAICT. (The "reason" is that they needed a scheme to avoid assigning two channels the same number) I doubt that your auto scan actually missed any channels. More likely ESPN, et al., are encrypted.
post #1197 of 2932 Old 09-20-2006, 02:23 PM

Aha! That's something I failed to mention, the tuner did pick up channels 5 and 6 only when connected to the Comcast signal. I guess I might look into that .reg file and see if after making that change the Comcast feed has something more to offer than the RCN feed.
post #1198 of 2932 Old 09-23-2006, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am going to buy an hdtv card shortly and and trying to decide between Dvico Gold and MHD 130. I am leaning toward Dvico as it has SVHS in so I can use it to record from my Directv box.
Does anyone know if there is a significant picture quality difference between the two? Also has anyone gotten either card to run on linux?

I will be watching HDTV on my computer as I have not yet purchased an HDTV television yet and saving the content I wish to keep on dvd in 264 format.
Thanks stan
post #1199 of 2932 Old 09-30-2006, 01:07 PM

Hi,

I am having problems with the screen freezing up with my Fusion HDTV5 RT Gold.

Once it froze when I left it on for a couple hours.. usually it is just a couple seconds and then show resumes.

I have ditched half of the things I had in my system and am in the midst of a rebuild.

Any ideas of what is causing this?

Previous system.. OCZ 700W power supply HIS 190XTX video card, AMD X2 4800 CPU Asus A8N32-SLI Motherboard, Auzentehic X-Plosion with upgraded opamps.

New one.. Seasonic S-12 650 PSU, Sapphire 1950XTX, Abit AT8 32X all else the same.

Looking for any cautions, incompatibility issues, windows issues and solutions, etc.. so that when I get the new equipment monday or tuesday I can get this up and going asap.. also.. anyone know of any Ati drivers that might work best with this card.. and also work with the 1950XTX??

ok.. really stretching it now.. but.. i know I read a tweak here to expand frequency range so I can recieve more channels.. anyone remember where it is.. I can't seem to find it.

I love the Auzenthen Sound card.. X-Plosion.. great card.. best I have ever owned.
post #1200 of 2932 Old 09-30-2006, 04:52 PM

Im having issues with the 'software' decoder that came with my Fusion, I'm using the 3.41 driver and you know where it has the toggle for "Normal/High/Really High" I can only use the NORMAL toggle otherwise my rig crashes everytime. On my QAM HD channels things look ok, but not as good as my Sony Bravia downstairs.......As well the quality isnt as good as when I just brought my Moto DCT 6416 upstairs and shot str8 into my Dell 2405, via component input, with HD content.

I am sure that I would probably get better quality @ those two higher settings, but I am perplexed as to why my rig crashes everytime I try and sync up with those 2 settings.

My video card is a GeForce 6200 AGP............with a high end P-IV processor and a 1 gig of RAM.............
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page